It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi TV: Soccer field car bomb kills 18 children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Iraqi TV: Soccer field car bomb kills 18 children

Source Link: www.cnn.com

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A car bomb exploded Tuesday at a soccer field on the outskirts of Ramadi, killing 18 children, Iraqi TV reported.

The soccer field is in western Ramadi -- capital of the Sunni-dominated Anbar province. The children were playing on the field when the blast occurred, Iraqi TV reported. No other details on the attack were immediately available.

The soccer field attack followed terrorist bombings in Baghdad at a popular ice cream shop, a parking lot and a restaurant that killed eight people and wounded 24 on Tuesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm speechless. I always had a place in my heart, albeit a small place, where I felt the plight of the Iraqis. Insurgents defending their homeland. In WW2, the French Resistance were referred to as Freedom Fighters, and were romanticized.
But these animals deliberately targeted innocent children while they played. They target areas where families congregate.

Go after the enemy? I actually respect that. Go after innocent civilians? Aggregious.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There seems to be some confusion regarding this story.

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A controlled blast by U.S. soldiers near a football field in the Iraqi city of Ramadi on Tuesday slightly wounded 30 people, including nine children, a spokesman for the U.S. military said.

Police and a local tribal leader in Ramadi earlier said a bomb attack near a soccer field killed 18 people, mostly children.

Major Jeff Pool told Reuters the U.S. military was unaware of the attack described by Iraqi officials, saying: "I can't imagine there would be another attack involving children without our people knowing." He said the wounded had cuts and bruises, adding there had been no deaths from the controlled blast.

Source.

join