It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a close encounter would you report it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
So, I don't condemn the guys on the ground who are really trying to build a great story — rather, I blame the higher ups in the media establishment, those great big boys at the top, the Ted Turners and Rupert Murdochs, who decide what news you're going to receive on any given subject, and how that news is going to be spun to you. As far as I can see, the big boys at the networks will shoot down a serious UFO story every friggin' time.

And that's chilling.

— Doc Velocity

There must be something in the air, Doc. I actually agree with you on this point. Don't start letting me down by spreading information without forgetting the 'dis'. The control systems that the media have in place are downright scary. They totally suck in so many people, it's frightening. I have to listen to teenagers spend hours of their time talking about TV shows and celebrities, as though the glitzy-glamour show-biz stars personally *mean something* to them and their lives.

I wish more witnesses had more nerve to follow through and report their sightings and stand up against the scrutiny. If it happened to me, you would be seeing me plastered all over your local news, Doc. I wouldn't stop shouting until the world heard. Hell, you may even believe me and champion my cause.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
If it happened to me, you would be seeing me plastered all over your local news, Doc. I wouldn't stop shouting until the world heard. Hell, you may even believe me and champion my cause.

When it comes to credible and compelling UFO witnesses, there is no problem getting someone to listen to you... The problem is that everybody wants a piece of you. The average John Doe suddenly finds himself deluged with publicity — there aren't enough hours in the day to return the calls. It's this onslaught of curiosity that erodes John Doe's constitution.

You know who I really have sympathy for? The famous UFO abductee Travis Walton. Since his abduction and reappearance in 1975, Walton has told and re-told his story so many times, I hate to think of it. Imagine having to relive the same story, in all its hair-raising detail, a couple of times a week for 32 years.

In the latest interview that I've seen with Walton, he really looks jaded and pained with re-hashing the tale. When he speaks of "believers" crowding him and calling him "a chosen one," Walton looks sick and angry. He doesn't want it. He never wanted it. If he could go back and erase the incident, he would, and I totally believe him.

This is the real epilogue of real UFO encounters, I think. The realization, after 32 years, that a single incident in your youth has utterly consumed your life. God, it makes my stomach queasy just to imagine it.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/3/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
When it comes to credible and compelling UFO witnesses, there is no problem getting someone to listen to you... The problem is that everybody wants a piece of you. The average John Doe suddenly finds himself deluged with publicity — there aren't enough hours in the day to return the calls. It's this onslaught of curiosity that erodes John Doe's constitution.

Some John Doe's would be tough though. Some John Doe's would welcome the publicity and thrive on it. Some enterprising John Doe's would set-up future wealth for their family by using the media for their own purposes.

True, Travis Walton looks jaded. The poor dude never wanted it. However, there are people out there who do want it, can stand it and would prosper from it.

Let's hope the 'right' type of people that can make a difference, do so.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I myself would never come out to the public about the matter. As a few said before I would only tell my family and closest friends as they know me and my character. I really feal for some of the people who may have had those kind of encounters and came out and told their stories. Only to be ridiculed and concieved as mentally ill by the majority of the public. This is the main and only reason I would not share my encounter publicly other than on a message board like this, where my immediate identity is somewhat hidden.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
I myself would never come out to the public about the matter. As a few said before I would only tell my family and closest friends as they know me and my character. I really feal for some of the people who may have had those kind of encounters and came out and told their stories. Only to be ridiculed and concieved as mentally ill by the majority of the public. This is the main and only reason I would not share my encounter publicly other than on a message board like this, where my immediate identity is somewhat hidden.

But, if you KNEW it was real, beyond doubt, why would you care about the people that would ridicule you? You would know what happened to you and you would be telling the same story no matter what - it would stand up against all scrutiny without any holes.

I would turn it against them and ridicule them for NOT believing it was real!

Anyway, your choice, I'm not starting an argument. No worries at all, mate. Let's hope it keeps on happening so that the majority can see for themselves that there may be something bigger out there!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Even if it was real, beyond doubt, you got photos of yourself in the control room of a spaceship, would you want the intrusion on your life that the publicity would bring?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Even if it was real, beyond doubt, you got photos of yourself in the control room of a spaceship, would you want the intrusion on your life that the publicity would bring?

Well now, that's an entirely different question. No, I wouldn't want any part of that intrusion. In fact, my worst nightmare (or one of them) is to be famous or in the public eye, without sufficient funds to make it worthwhile. Sufficient like millions.

However, there's what we "want" and what we need to do as obligations to the rest of humanity. So I'd hate it like poison. But I'd do it.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
In fact, my worst nightmare (or one of them) is to be famous or in the public eye, without sufficient funds to make it worthwhile. Sufficient like millions.

I don't know if you've ever heard comedian/actor Bill Murray talk candidly about success and being in the public eye, but his fame really aged him, and I think he's bitter about it, in spite of the money. In one interview, Murray looked straight into the camera, dead serious, and said when it comes to fame and fortune, take the fortune and f--k the fame. The greatest joy that Murray derived from money, he said, was being able to do things for his mother, sending her on the vacations she always dreamed of.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'd tell anybody that wanted to know about it, unless it was really traumatic, like the legendary anal probe or something. (that, I'd keep to myself and try very hard to forget) I wouldn't go to the authorities or a news station with my account, though. Most people don't believe that stuff, anyway, so there would be very little point. I don't think the CIA would show up at my doorstep if I reported a UFO, but all the same I'd rather not mess with that sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
I'd tell anybody that wanted to know about it, unless it was really traumatic, like the legendary anal probe or something. (that, I'd keep to myself and try very hard to forget) I wouldn't go to the authorities or a news station with my account, though. Most people don't believe that stuff, anyway, so there would be very little point. I don't think the CIA would show up at my doorstep if I reported a UFO, but all the same I'd rather not mess with that sort of thing.

If I was anal probed by aliens, then I'd bend over and show the world, mate! There might be some hard evidence found in a swab sample, right?

I HOPE that the CIA (or ASIO in Australia - actually we are the 51st state of the United States of Australia, so we might as well have the CIA here) would turn up at my door. That would lend more credibility to my report, based on them trying to silence me. They might silence ME, but they would have a hard time trying to silence every person I know from relaying the same story.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Interesting replies.

For all those worried about being probed, just wait until your 50 and need to get a physical.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I reported a CE-5 anonymously on 01-12-2006. not a big deal

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It would of course depend on how intense the experience was and the nature of it.
But chances are I would not bother... as my own family and even my own wife would think i was delusional which is probably more tramatic than athe actual experience.

But of course if the E.Ts gave me some pertinent info or left some kind of tangible evidence behind then I might persue it out of my duty to the truth....
But i would expect a firestorm of misery to be my reward.

I'd definitely be reluctant....

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm still of the opinion that I would only tell the people who are closest to me.

I might post it online but I would create an identity that couldn't be traced back to me.

I just don't want to be riducluled be the press.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

For all those worried about being probed, just wait until your 50 and need to get a physical.

LMAO!!!
.................Wait!!! That means me too!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hopefully everyone lives long enough to appreciate the joke

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I thought hard about posting on this thread, in fact on any thread at the moment on ATS, but here goes.

I think each person will react differently, there really is no way to tell what you will do until it happens to you. I have been reading lots of threads where people ask "why didn't you....take more video, photos, move to a better spot, etc" all valid questions...but when you're in it, you just don't react like you normally would, your whole focus is on comprehending and analyzing what you are seeing, trying to rationalize it, not thinking, oh I better get this right, because its proof and i'm going to post it on ATS

I think there are lots of reason why people do come forward, for me it has mainly been to see if anybody can shed any light on things I saw, or may have seen the same things.

I wouldn't ever go to the media. Thats just not me.

When things happen to you that are beyond the norm, keeping it to yourself can be really hard, it becomes a battle, then you end up internalize the whole thing, with no outside input and grounding you can really build up problems for yourself.

I've been lucky enough to share my experences with other people present, had I been on my own, I dont know what I would have done.

I think what I've learned here on ATS is that there is no proof, no amount of video evidence, photos or accounts will ever be 100% proof, it all comes down to individual belief and personal experences, in my opinion.

However, I still think it a very remarkable thing to have a place like ATS where you can come, in some anonymity and ask people, or even just read, about the things that are going on and have people interested enough to question you, even if the questions aren't what you were expecting. Thats a very valuable learning tool and maybe one of the most important places on the internet to date.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Would you mind sharing what your personal experience was?

I totally understand if you're not interested.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I would, only if I had die hard evidence! not just som dot on aphoto etc.

Makes ya wonder how many people, havent reported things they may have seen!!??

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm still of the opinion that I would only tell my loved ones and maybe report it online.

I wouldn't ever want the attention that the news media gives people who report such things. Even under the best of circumstances they will make you out to be weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join