It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a close encounter would you report it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
If you report it, you will be charged because, it is against the law.

Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law Already Passed By Congress

On October 5, 1982, Dr. Brain T. Clifford of the Pentagon announced at
a press conference ("The Star", New York, Oct. 5, 1982) that contact
between U.S. citizens and extra-terrestrials or their vehicles is
strictly illegal.

ACCORDING TO A LAW ALREADY ON THE BOOKS:

(Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, adopted on
July 16, 1969, before the Apollo moon shots), anyone guilty of such
contact automatically becomes a wanted criminal to be jailed for one
year and fined $5,000. The NASA administrator is empowered to
determine with or without a hearing that a person or object has been
"extraterrestrially exposed" and impose an indeterminate quarantine
under armed guard, which could not be broken even by court order.

There is no limit placed on the number of individuals who could thus
be arbitrarily quarantined.

The definition of "extraterrestrial exposure" is left entirely up to
NASA administrator, who is thus endowed with total dictatorial power
to be exercised at his slightest caprice, which is completely contrary
to the Constitution.

www.sacred-texts.com...

I looked it up on the govenments website. It says "Reserved"
/33eb72

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hi everyone, this is the first post from a long time lurker, I had an experience very similar to this and thought I'd post about it.

To make a long story short, I have seen several lights that I couldn't identify in the night sky over the years, just figured they were something I just didn't recognize. I wasn't really a skeptic about UFOs, more of an "anything's possible" kind of person.

All that changed in the summer of 1992 and here is my story. First of all, let me say that I don't drink alcohol often at all, never use illegal drugs or have any trouble with the law. OK, here goes...In July 1992 live close to the farming town of Stuttgart, Arkansas, my ex-husband and I were going there to have a night out away from the kids. There are a lot of open fields around Stuttgart and a lot of tall rice dryers in town. We started noticing that one of the red dryer tower lights looked different than the others, it actually started moving, doing figure 8's in the sky and zipping from one point to another pretty fast. As we drove into town, it started coming toward us, it wasn't blinking, more like a pulsing, dim, bright, dim, bright, etc... When it got closer we saw 3 bright white lights in a triangle shape around the red pulsing light, these were steadily glowing. At one point we stopped and the object came past the diver's side and came to a stop just above the house across the street. It was just above treetop and house level, I can only describe it as amazingly shiny, almost mirror like, we could see the reflection of the house, trees, streetlights, in it. It was shaped like an elongated triangle (the back side being shorter than the rest), it was absolutely still and absolutely silent. We rolled down the windows to listen and just sat in awe for about 10-15 seconds and saw a car coming up behind us, there sas no shoulder on the street so we went maybe 1/4 mile up the road to a gas station, turned around and when we got back, the object was gone. We drove all the way back out of town looking for any sign of it, but it had disappeared. We didn't report this to anyone, mainly because we didn't know how at the time and also strangely didn't tell anyone (even our families) about this for several weeks. it was sort of like I couldn't figure out the words to explain it.

At the time I did have a feeling of something which I thought of later as almost a religious experience. In a single moment of time I went from thinking maybe to being absolutely certain that there is something bigger out there and I was just a small part of it. I don't talk about it to a lot of people because of fear of being ridiculed, the people I work with have no idea about any of this. It's not what I think of as a close encounter, but close enough to know that it wsn't a hallucination, a star or planet, or whatever. It was a craft piloted by intelligent beings, whether from Earth or somewhere else, who knows, but I am inclined to believe that there is more "out there" than we have been told about, mainly because of sightings down through history that just can't be explained. I guess you could say that even though I have no physical proof of what we saw that night, it did change my perspecive on a lot of things.

Sorry this is longer than I thought, it's still hard to put into words

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Blue skye that must have been a profound experience.

It sounds like you had someone to share it with so you didn't have to deal with the "Did that really happen?" issue.

That would certainly open up ones view of the Universe.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
WildBob,
I responded to one of your posts on this thread asking if you had an experience that you were going to maybe share after you, so to speak, tested the waters...did you or no??

I suspect that many people run the idea around in their head as to whether or not they should tell anybody or not. But, I would think they would let their heads clear a bit and then ask themselves if they really thought they had an experience or could it have been something else. I would sincerely hope this would be my steps if I ever had one. I think it happens so often that people see something and immediately go, "hmmm...don't know what that was, oh yeah..it was a UFO."

The scenario that you pose is different however, and like I said, I'd tell the few people who really know me well and guage their reaction before I thought about telling anybody else.

Peace, Mondo

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have not had any encounter.

I replied earlier but it must have gotten lost.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
To answer the original question, no I wouldn't report it to authorities for sure. That's all I need is a Psych some how stepping in and poking me with needles, trying to convince me that I didn't see what I saw.

I would talk about it here. I talk about wierd stuff with friends sometimes. I'm not all that scared to talk about UFOs.

Troy

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
please keep in mind we are discussing contact vs sighting. A simple ufo sighting you report to mufon or nuforc etc.

Contact is where you have face to face contact with an alien life form.

I do not know of anyone who calls the police or fbi, cia etc to report a strange object in the sky unless its reallllllly odd. ie you might fear its going to crash into the earth etc. Big flaming hissing fireball etc, which could be a crashing plane or space debris etc, something that by all means you should notify the authorities so they can secure the crash site.

But some strange lights in the sky whether hovering, moving or dancing around is something that you should never report to the police etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If you had a close encounter would you report it?

Great Question.

What do you do first, who is the first phone call ?

911 ? local cops ? local MIB office ? MUFON ?

I'd say get it on a recorded message, call 911. If you truly believe you saw a craft piloted by some intelligence, and it isn't one of ours, that's an emergency !!!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You betcha i would. I would call History or Discovery channels, and i'd make sure i had pictures this time.
I would contact the United Nations/US Government/South America/ Australia/ BBC/ the world in total.

I'd want them named after me. Like when one discovers a comet.

Darn right.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'd love to have contact and some proof of the contact so that I could share that information with others who may have had a similar experience.

I wouldn't want to talk to the press because they'd make me look like some bumbkin whose elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.

I still don't know how I would handle something like that.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
To me, a close encounter is much like a religious experience. You can be raised in a church and think that you believe the tenants of the church but how would your belief be changed if you actually have a religious experience. Most people go through life without talking to a burning bush or having God command them to build an Ark. If God talks to you directly, then you can either question your own sanity or you believe that you have been chosen for this special experience.

One can view a close encounter experience in much the same way. You may believe in UFOs and aliens but how would your belief system change should you have a close encounter. Imagine that your driving down a deserted road, late at night and there right beside the road is a craft like you’ve never seen before. Your car stops, you get out and approach the craft. You encounter beings that are clearly not human. You interact with the occupants of the craft. In general terms they are somewhat friendly but very different. Eventually the craft leaves at a high rate of speed. Of course you didn’t have your video camera and you have no proof of this experience other then your memory.

Now, clearly you belief system has changed. Much like a person who has had a religious experience there is no proof other than your word.

Would you have the courage to tell people about your experience? Would you only tell your closest friends and relatives?

Personally, I think that I’d only tell a few members of my family who I know would not think that I’d gone off the deep end. I might also post it here. But, I would never subject myself to the media. What would you do?

The only way I would see an alien is if a UFO crashed nearby.

If they didn't hold me off by some means, I would probable have to
help hide the machine until their own help arrived.

They usually go in twos or more for reliability reasons.

Yeah they want to be left alone and most likely don't like to be
talked about, but then again no one that I know has seen them.

I have been observing how the UFOs fly on YouTube videos and
seen photos here on ats, so I might some day help repair any of
the craft that we have.

I don't want to mess with the alien if they have weapons.

The single flier chemtrail type might be ok if it doesn't stop
and keeps the engines running. Some do stall untill help
arrives but they are stuck in the sky showing off cylindrical
plasma displays.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Good reply. I hadn't thought about the possibility of helping a downed ship.

I would also most likely help.

Afterall, I've helped people change a tire, why not help hige a space ship?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
robertfenix,

Well, my answer is still pretty much the same. UFOs, close encounters, it's a lot of times related stuff.

Fox news, for example, isn't getting my story so they can butcher it, and laugh at it. Pretty much the same can be said for the newspaper. NASA or the Airforce isn't getting my story.

A reputable UFO organization would be a good place to report it.

Troy

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Good point Troy.

I wouldn't want to be the laughing stock for the TV viewers. The media can make you look any way they want through selective editing.

Most of the time they seem to want to make someone who reports a UFO out to be some sort of bumpkin

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Good point Troy.
I wouldn't want to be the laughing stock for the TV viewers. The media can make you look any way they want through selective editing.
Most of the time they seem to want to make someone who reports a UFO out to be some sort of bumpkin

As for me personally they can make me out to look anyway they want.....I do not give a crap what anyone (including the whole world) thinks of me period !! I can take any insult and carry on without missing a beat for I AM BETTER than any detractor any day of the week !!

Peace Out !!

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying. I know where you are coming from.

But when a news organization gets a story like this, they tear it up and make joke out of it. This doesn't really help us in our mission for truth, because now you have people who think UFOs are even more ridiculous, because the news organizations got their big laugh out of it, and they had their "skeptic" there to help. And who knows if they will even air the whole story?

You've got to understand that some people trust very much what the media is telling them. They turn on the TV and take in the information like they were hooked to an IV.

Now if you had a news organization that wouldn't rip up your story then it would be better.

Troy

[edit on 2-3-2007 by cybertroy]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
When a TV news feature crew is out there collecting the UFO encounter stories, traveling across the country for weeks at a time, conducting both open and anonymous interviews with UFO witnesses, those guys are really putting forth the effort to assemble a full story. They're asking intelligent and pertinent questions — and a lot of questions — which indicates, to me, that these reporters and camera and sound men have done their homework on UFOs. I've listened to them conducting interviews, and the reporter will ask the other crew members for their questions and opinions, and all the guys will cross-examine the witness and so forth.

I mean, this is how the Pros from Dover do it, the guys working for the networks, not necessarily your local yokels at "Action News"...

But you know what's peculiar? After all that work, after retrieving enough raw data and original footage and first-person interviews to build a full hour special, after the field crew returns to the home network to craft their feature story, something bizarre happens. And I mean, like, sinister bizarre. All of that intensity and sincerity and hard work just seemingly evaporates into thin air, is boiled away by some unseen force at the home network, and the resulting story that airs is a twisted, ugly little caricature of the story that they set out to cover.

No joke, two solid weeks or more of work condensed into a shallow, 5-minute featurette of UFO coverage, a travesty that lacks any of the in-depth reportage that the crew actually recorded. This is more than just editing, man. To all appearances, it's hard-core revisionism that transpires right there at the home network. And the news team that busted their butts on the story have to just suck it up and move on to the next assignment — if they want their paychecks, that is.

So, I don't condemn the guys on the ground who are really trying to build a great story — rather, I blame the higher ups in the media establishment, those great big boys at the top, the Ted Turners and Rupert Murdochs, who decide what news you're going to receive on any given subject, and how that news is going to be spun to you. As far as I can see, the big boys at the networks will shoot down a serious UFO story every friggin' time.

And that's chilling.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/3/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have come across many of the things that have been kicked around here regarding UFO witness willingness to come forth. I have had a lot of people who have recounted experiences in conversation, but, when I bring up the idea of taking their story recorded on video to be shared with the world, the feet get cold quick. Here is my question.

Why in the hell do people call others "crazy" or "weird" because they saw or experienced something that can't be explained (UFO or other paranormal episode) and yet, belief in an unseen deity (God, Allah, etc.) is considered "normal" and condoned in society? Is seeing an angel any more real than seeing a ghost or UFO?

I think that normality is defined by each of our individual existences and not society. How credible is a society (in reference to defining norms) that focuses its attention on Britney Spears' haircut/underwear dilemma while there are people being killed in combat daily, millions starving in Darfur and a whole mess of other vastly more important issues we need to deal with??

Yeah, UFO's and other unexplained things are important and need to be researched and better understood. I just hope that I can continue to find brave souls that will continue to share their experiences so we can all learn more about this subject.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sounds like a pretty good observation Doc V. I guess they only let the guys in the field investigate, so it looks good.

"Well, we investigated throuroughly, but we didn't find anything conclusive. Case closed. Hee Hee."

10 Gort 01, maybe the "angels" are people from some other planet? It is odd to believe in angels, but not UFOs and aliens.

Troy

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10_Gort_01
Why in the hell do people call others "crazy" or "weird" because they saw or experienced something that can't be explained...?

Well, it's not just a matter of persecution, necessarily. Often, the witness doesn't want to come forward because of the publicity that follows, which is almost fanatical in its intensity. For example, John Doe average citizen has a close encounter, comes forward to the local yokel news media, and John Doe may think that's the end of it, he thinks his 15 minutes of fame is spent.

But not when it comes to UFO phenomena.

The next thing John Doe average citizen knows, his personal contact information is leaked from local news to network news, and then the phone calls start coming in. TV networks want interviews, radio networks want interviews, "serious UFO investigators" want interviews, et cetera, and then neighbors start asking questions, strange cars drive slowly past his house day and night, and the publicity becomes overwhelming. It's a frightening, paranoia-inducing experience for average people who aren't normally exposed to the paparazzi.

Originally posted by 10_Gort_01
I just hope that I can continue to find brave souls that will continue to share their experiences so we can all learn more about this subject.

Well, again, if the higher-ups in the news media establishment would permit factual, objective and uncensored coverage of UFO sightings and encounters — rather than alluding to "little green men" and bringing in the Skeptical Enquirer to dominate UFO news stories — then I think witnesses would be more inclined to come forward of their own free will. As it stands, crying "UFO" to the news media is like crying "Rape" to our judicial system — in both instances, the witness/victim becomes the defendant and faces one hell of an ordeal for simply raising the cry.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/3/2007 by Doc Velocity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join