It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a close encounter would you report it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Go looking around!

There are plenty of threads started by and including people who claim alien contact.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
it would depend on how superficial the interaction was?
if it was too far fetched, that would narrow my field of whom i'd tell.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Good point zooplancton. I guess that it really would depend upon what type of experience you had.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think I would come here and post it first..Probably even before I told any friends or family..To see what everyones reaction was about it first..I could handle everyone here telling me I'm nuts better then I could handle my family telling me that..LOL!!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yeah I'd report it. I'd report the hell out of it. I'd be here and every other like-minded site I could find. I'd call Mufon and the FBI and the NFL and those Roto Rooter Ghost Hunters and anyone else I could think of.

I'd be like that guy at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the original. Not the later, crappy version).

So if it happens to me, believe me, you'll know.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If you report it, you will be charged because, it is against the law.

Extra-Terrestrial Exposure Law Already Passed By Congress

On October 5, 1982, Dr. Brain T. Clifford of the Pentagon announced at
a press conference ("The Star", New York, Oct. 5, 1982) that contact
between U.S. citizens and extra-terrestrials or their vehicles is
strictly illegal.

ACCORDING TO A LAW ALREADY ON THE BOOKS:

(Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, adopted on
July 16, 1969, before the Apollo moon shots), anyone guilty of such
contact automatically becomes a wanted criminal to be jailed for one
year and fined $5,000. The NASA administrator is empowered to
determine with or without a hearing that a person or object has been
"extraterrestrially exposed" and impose an indeterminate quarantine
under armed guard, which could not be broken even by court order.

There is no limit placed on the number of individuals who could thus
be arbitrarily quarantined.

The definition of "extraterrestrial exposure" is left entirely up to
NASA administrator, who is thus endowed with total dictatorial power
to be exercised at his slightest caprice, which is completely contrary
to the Constitution.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I know a couple of people who claim to have seen a flying saucer around where I live. People might say they believe you on the surface but its asking a bit much as only seeing is truly believing.

Given my interest in the subject now I imagine I would get really obsessed with it and make a documentary, write a book and dedicate my life to digging deep for the answers.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So if a UFO lands in the middle of the field during the Superbowl then everyone there could be arrested?

That just doesn't seem like it would happen .

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

Nice try-

www.snopes.com...

But untrue.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

Nice try-

www.snopes.com...

But untrue.

Hey good find

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
say you reported this contact to the authorities and if the MIB could coroborate that contact may have in fact happened, you and anyone else present at the time of said contact would be quarantined, 100%.

Regerdless of what any law on the books currently states.

You can make any sort of wild statements but if the goverment has a good idea that it occured you for sure will get a visit from the MIB and be drugged.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
will they be good drugs?

will they have that memory erasing thing?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
And that makes perfect sense, doesn't it? If the government reallyreally believed you'd had contact with an extraterrestrial entity they'd for sure want to debrief you and make sure you didn't have some sort of space herpes.

I'd hope.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Nah, if I didnt have any hard irrefutable evidence to back up my story I'd keep it to myself and my closest. No stupid fuzzy pics, crapola video or odd shaped zits/moles from this guy. If thats all I have to offer, I have nothing in this day and age.

Wouldnt want to set myself up trying to prove something I really have no good evidence for. Might as well keep quiet until something better comes my way. I would really have to pound this around really hard in my own head forst as well to make sure someone hadnt slipped me a shroom or something arbitrary like that.....

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
its actually a drug cocktail and I doubt its fun to take, part of the effect of these drugs is the scrambling of a certain percentage of your short term memory while under mild hypnotic suggestion. This more then likely was the real purpose of MKULTRA to develop what types of subjective techinques could be used in connection with the drug cocktail that could alter the subjects short term memory just enough for them to both second guess themselves and confuse real memory events with those that were planted in the hypnotic suggestive debreifings.

Usually, the subject is taken to a dark room of sorts treated fairly with refreashments etc and then be informed that they are now part of the club and shown a sample film which debriefs them on what "supposedly" the goverment knows, during which the drug cocktail is given time to take affect. After the film the agents ask the subjects to fill out a lengthy questionaire.

Usually the subjects can not recall what happened to them while taking the questionaire and can only recall arriving back home or waking up in their bed as if from a bad dream.

typically 1 to 2 days has passed.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
ok, so if this happens, and this drug is given, and memories are "removed," how do you know about this?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If it really happened to me, having the road-side chat with ET and walking through his UFO, then I would milk the hell out of it.

I'd be writing multiple books, signing up for TV shows and Movies. I'd splatter it everywhere I could. There's no way that I would keep it secret, if I had experienced true contact.

Unfortunately, until now, I have only had two weak sightings and one that was mildly-interesting. Not enough to be convincing.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
they are not removed they are supplemented by false memories in an effort to both conceal the truth and confuse the subjects own memories of the event.

They question what they preceive to be their memories and find it difficult to focus and recall the actual events that took place during their contact.

I have never been questioned by the goverment as far as my knowledge.

So as far as I know I have not had my memories affected.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I would never tell anyone, even if I had evidence... They will eventually find you , if you tell anyone. Even the people you trust can be turned against you, or they turn on you, by choice. And making you look like a lunatic.

Scary world humans created. Looks like "the walls have ears" is no joke anymore.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by The_unraveller]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I don't think that I'd report it to the media under almost any conditions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join