It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a close encounter would you report it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To me, a close encounter is much like a religious experience. You can be raised in a church and think that you believe the tenants of the church but how would your belief be changed if you actually have a religious experience. Most people go through life without talking to a burning bush or having God command them to build an Ark. If God talks to you directly, then you can either question your own sanity or you believe that you have been chosen for this special experience.

One can view a close encounter experience in much the same way. You may believe in UFOs and aliens but how would your belief system change should you have a close encounter. Imagine that your driving down a deserted road, late at night and there right beside the road is a craft like you’ve never seen before. Your car stops, you get out and approach the craft. You encounter beings that are clearly not human. You interact with the occupants of the craft. In general terms they are somewhat friendly but very different. Eventually the craft leaves at a high rate of speed. Of course you didn’t have your video camera and you have no proof of this experience other then your memory.

Now, clearly you belief system has changed. Much like a person who has had a religious experience there is no proof other than your word.

Would you have the courage to tell people about your experience? Would you only tell your closest friends and relatives?

Personally, I think that I’d only tell a few members of my family who I know would not think that I’d gone off the deep end. I might also post it here. But, I would never subject myself to the media. What would you do?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wow,

Outstanding thread in my opinion, in fact i am going to vote for the WATS award if I have a vote left!

Funny that you compare it to a religious experience, I understand your statement but think it a bit different. I like to compare it to wind, you can see its effects and you can feel it but you cannot see it....in a similar way that I think of my belief system and in God. But, let me get to your question here...........

I would tell the few closest people around me for a couple of reasons. First, they know I am sane and not going to make up a story. Second, I could trust them not to tell anybody else..namely the media or authorities. Third, I think that it would actually take some time for the human brain to wrap itself around the event.

Now, you mention that they are friendly, right? Well, one would have to assume that there would be a dialogue of some sort..let's just say communication at some level. Would that information leave you feeling obligated to tell people????

This makes my mind start wondering, just think of the limitless possibilities! I would definitely have to wonder who else had an experience or if I was alone. regardless, i don't think it would affect my religious belief...maybe in fact strengthen it to see that other creatures are friendly and not war-like.

Anyway, enough rambling for now...again, nice thread. Peace, Mondo

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the comment. That's what got me motivated to post this. What would I really do if I had an encounter.

I just don't really know how one deals with something that is so far out of the ordinary.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
As for me...NO I would NOT report it.......it would be my experience and I would not want to hear everyones crap over it so it would remain Top Secret in my world.

I would only report it if I were asked by the Ebe's themselves and I also had proof.

Why share it with a closed-minded world ?? let them figure it out for themselves.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
Why share it with a closed-minded world ?? let them figure it out for themselves.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Alpha Grey]

Don't you think that is a paradox?? You say let them figure it out and not to share with a close minded world, but does that not perpetuate the problem?? Seems that has been the alleged issue all along, people don't tell because others will think they are crazy. However, now that more and more people are coming forward with this similar issue, the world is beginning to take notice and is less and less able to sweep it under the rug.

Alpha, don't get me wrong by the way. If you chose not to tell people, well that's certainly your right. But, to assume that the rest is close minded is a flaw in assumptive reasoning in my opinion. Letting others figure it out for themselves is selfish in nature also I think......that is if that's you opinion is all.

It's a hard one to answer for sure, what would be right or wrong or good or bad?? I am not really 100% sure either, I just know why I would AND why I may not, and as Alpha stated, we all have our own reasons.

Obviously there is no right or wrong answer to this, just actually great to get a good discussion and hear different ideas as to why or why not!

Peace you guys, Mondo

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would tell the CIA, FBI, NASA, Bush, FOX NEWS, the SD Police department, the ARMY, AIRFORCE, NAVY...

Nahh... honestly just my immediate family because they don't think Im all that crazy, but if I'm making contact with friendlies, I would make sure that they take me with them and my family.

link   
How about reporting in a forum like this.

No one really knows my identity. Even if I didn't feel like I wanted attention from the media, I would most likley share with others who would find this interesting. Hopefully they would also be somewhat accepting

link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
As for me...NO I would NOT report it.......it would be my experience and I would not want to hear everyones crap over it so it would remain Top Secret in my world.

I would only report it if I were asked by the Ebe's themselves and I also had proof.

you're not an alien?

I guess it would depend on the situation. If I had a close encounter that left me with a bit of proof I might try and prove it but odds are I wouldn't unless I had Fred Q. Alien with me as my proof as it seems that the bulk of all encounters are accepted by the ufo community and shrugged off by the non-believers and I would just wind up as another guy with a unique experience that has made me "one of them" in one community and "one of us" in another.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
No I would not mention anything about it to anyone.

Unless I could prove it with some sort of evidence... but even that would be a stretch. And if I told ATS about it without evidence........ eep.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
WildBob,

That little alarm is going off in my head and it says, "Hey, maybe this is a guy who is testing the waters to see if people would think he's nuts, or maybe they would totally be cool to him", well........???

I think putting it in a forum like this would be great and I think it happens all the time, BUT, remember that ATS has a motto of, "Deny Ignorance". Therefore there would be strict scrutiny and debunkers all around to try to find holes in the story. BUT, then again, there would be lots of people heer to help somebody who had that experience, they would be very excited and curious..not to mention supportive!

Probably would be a good starting point. Peace, Mondo

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So now, just to confound the problem, would you report a close encounter if you had some evidence.

Perhaps ET snaps a photo of you sitting in the engine room of his ship or communicates to you the secret of a gravity drive. Then, do you just try to profit from this insite or do you tell the world the truth?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As big as my mouth is, I think that any encounter I had with ETs would probably be kept close to my chest - especially if it only happened once.
I have no motivation to attract publicity of the sort that those that come forward receive.
People like that guy Jim Sparks (on Coast the other night) certainly are intriuging tho... very convincing and with evidently brisk book sales...
On second thought...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
That little alarm is going off in my head and it says, "Hey, maybe this is a guy who is testing the waters to see if people would think he's nuts, or maybe they would totally be cool to him", well........???

I do notice a similarity to that ridiculous series of threads regarding that time traveller dude who asked "what would you do" prior to his coming out and saying he time travels.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Mondo,

I'm not amping up to reveal anything. I'm just curious.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That is a great question.

I must sadly admit, i would not report anything to the authorities.

It is always not going to be in your best interest.

Another big factor would be proof, but that is easily enough stolen from u.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this a long time; and I am still not sure how I would proceed. I would probably only tell my wife about it at first. I trust her to not spread the story.

I would probably also share it here on ATS; but only after I sat down and wrote the story out several times to ensure that I put down everything that I could remember. I would also want to ensure that I write it down in a very factual and professional manner, so that when I did post it; better comments and discussion would hopefully follow.

Thats what I'm thinking now; but my thoughts could change the more I mull this over.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
An earlier reply got me thinking.

Perhaps someone reading this has had a close encouter and would like to come forward.

If they do, I expect everyone to be polite.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
An earlier reply got me thinking.

Perhaps someone reading this has had a close encouter and would like to come forward.

If they do, I expect everyone to be polite.

so it was a setup for another member to come forward and regale us with his amazing tales of alien contact?

how, um, mundane

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Perhaps there is a member who has had an unusual experience that he/she would like to share.

I'd be interested.

But back to my original topic, it would be like reading about someones religious experience. It may have been profound for them but it may not be convincing for others.

THat is unless they pocket a blaster and are ready to give us a show.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i wouldnt say a word to anybody. i wouldnt tell an agency cause they would probably stalk me and i wouldnt tell people i know cause everyone would laugh at me

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join