It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weakness over Iran would be 'fatal' -- Blair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Weakness over Iran would be 'fatal' -- Blair

Source Link: newsinfo.inquirer.net

LONDON -- British Prime Minister Tony Blair said Tuesday that any sign of weakness in negotiations over Iran's nuclear program would be "fatal", adding that only tough action would achieve results.

Speaking at his monthly press conference at his Downing Street office, Blair said the international community must stand "tough and clear and unified" to avoid an escalation to military action.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The iranian nuclear program"has no breaks"and most of the world is apathetic to the blackmail the future iranian bomb will hold.I seriously dought israel will play these useless u.n.games while iran arms.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I hope Israel comes through. Given our performance (and by that I mean the leadership, not the soldiers) in Iraq, it would seem we are in not exactly in a position of strength.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yeah, go Israel!

And if Israel does attack, who are the poor schmucks on the ground who are going to suffer the backlash? Iranians one side, Iraqi's the other, while the instigator of the hostilities sit's back laughing at the dumb gentiles fighting another war for them

No amount of airpower is going to protect the folks on the ground. That's a lesson that should have been learned in Vietnam.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Yeah, go Israel!

And if Israel does attack, who are the poor schmucks on the ground who are going to suffer the backlash? Iranians one side, Iraqi's the other, while the instigator of the hostilities sit's back laughing at the dumb gentiles fighting another war for them

No amount of airpower is going to protect the folks on the ground. That's a lesson that should have been learned in Vietnam.

Oh wow! Are you saying that the US won the Vietnam war?
That's some awesome news mate unbelievable! I didn't know of this.

FYI: fatal = deadly

Please go back to playing "America's Army" or something else.

People are trying to discuss reality here.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooa, back up there and take a deep breat osram

I was making the point that you can't win a war from the air without the boots on the ground. Everyone knows the US didn't win in Vietnam and made a "strategic withdrawal"

The US and Israel can bomb the crap out of the Iranian targets of choice but will then have to deal with being targeted on the ground on two fronts. That's reality, but those calling for a bombing campaign seem to think otherwise.
The forces in Iraq are already finding this, as did the Russians in Afghanistan.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Aw well.. sounded like the exact opposite to me.. yeah I was shocked as you can imagine. I can deeply inhale and relax now.

But I still say. Fatal = War. War = Pointless. And War != Peace.

If i assume your position is about "Pro War".. i guess most people don't realize that those people dieing in Irak, be it Arabs or US-Soldiers, are dieing for oil. Nothing else...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm a completely anti-war kinda guy, even though I once served in the military.

Suddenly realised one day that it's all for corporate gain and power plays, and always has been. Nothing honourable about getting my head blown off so some corporate suit can rape another countries resources and earn a few million more for the retirement package. Equally, I sure as hell am NOT gonna go killing someone else for the same reasons. I'll defend the ones I love to my last breath but will not lift a finger to support my governments nasty misadventures.

Anyhoos, back on topic, Blair is an arse and has to say these things as he still believes people listen to him and take him seriously

top topics

join