It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power: Gore Mansion Uses 20X Average Household

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Power: Gore Mansion Uses 20X Average Household

Source Link: www.drudgereport.com

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Tell me something I didn't already know. Gore is nothing more than the typical left wing lunatic spewing orders to everyone else around him but "conveniently" exempts himself from those same rules. Libs don't really care about climate change, global warming, or whatever you prefer to call it. It is nothing more to them than a hot button political issue that they convince mindless zombies will follow them so they can gain absolute power over every man, woman , and child in this country.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here is another link to the story. This one is from abc news:

Al Gore's 'Inconvenient Truth'? -- $30,000 utility bill

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The truth no longer matters. Nevermind his private jets or SUV's either. He will get a pass for being a hypocrite because he is spreading the gospel of man made global warming. Gore has found a way to remain in the spotlight and he is being loved for his public stance on man made global warming while his throngs of followers give him a pass on his personal stance on energy conservation and pollution. They even give him a pass for being one of the most boring politicians to ever hold office. If there had been a charismatic Democrat running against Bush, Bush would've never won by a such a ridiculously close margin. We chose a tongue tied individual that can barely speak in public because many believed in his morals, personal ethics, and conservative leanings. Oh well, that's been blown to shreds.

Anyway, Gore was a bore, and he is a hypocrite and this article is just one of many sources that demonstrate he is just whoring the public spotlight.

Like I said the truth just doesn't matter anymore.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Actually, if you had a house that big, it would cost the same to power it. He turns off his lights and uses flourescent bulbs to conserve energy. It's sad that some people in the US don't even have power, and many in Arizona and Utah use their own Solar energy in their Eco-Homes. This is not taken into account as far as the national average. Therefore it's not that unproportional to the norm for a house that size. It's the kids sitting on their multiple PC's with their TVs on, the heater full blast, the window open playing Xbox 360 that are wasting energy.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well if you're going to champion a cause then shouldn't you at least practice what you preach? Multiple houses, SUV's and private jets. That level of energy use is much greater than many, many households that you have described.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by on_yur_6]

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well, with your All Caps title and the fact that you turned something about Al Gore into a vicious attacks on all "libs", I'm really tempted not to answer this thread at all.

But, I must agree that if he's going to preach his gospel, make money on it and win awards for it, he should definitely walk the walk. He could afford to turn his whole house into a solar dream. Hopefully, he'll do more now in that direction.

The hypocricy is glaring.

But it has nothing to do with "libs" or "zombies"
You could have made a good impression. But Oops!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If you had a huge house you'd have to pay that much too. What's the big freakin' deal??? What...is he supposed to live in a mud hut or something? The dude is loaded and it's his right. Is there some kind of law that says you can't live in a big house and be concerned about global warming at the same time?

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Well, with your All Caps title and the fact that you turned something about Al Gore into a vicious attacks on all "libs", I'm really tempted not to answer this thread at all.

Apparently you didn't have the foresight to observe the title after clicking the link I provided. If you would have, you would have relized that the title was simply a copy and paste. Therefore, it is not my title in "all caps." It is the title just as the source printed it.

BTW, if you are to good to answer this thread, why did you?

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticBut it has nothing to do with "libs" or "zombies"
You could have made a good impression. But Oops!

Don't talk down to me as if I made a serious miscalculation. It has everything to do with "zombies" and "libs." They are the ones throwing the false accusations around all the time.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
If you had a huge house you'd have to pay that much too. What's the big freakin' deal??? What...is he supposed to live in a mud hut or something? The dude is loaded and it's his right. Is there some kind of law that says you can't live in a big house and be concerned about global warming at the same time?

Peace

The "big freakin' deal" is that he and all the other GW/CS alarmists want everyone else "cut back and sacrifice" but they are not willing to apply the same standards to themselves. Are you not listening to what they say? If he was truely worried about GW/CS he wouldn't have such a high and mighty lifestyle!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here is the link to an earlier thread on this subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well, isn't this a fine example of "do as I say, not as I do"? Too funny...

More than slightly hypocritical of him to be preachin' to us about concerving energy and what not isn't it, when he doesn't himself? What a surprise, a hypocritical holier than thou elitist enviromentalist.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Here is the link to an earlier thread on this subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join