It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what will be the topic after they arrive?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
are they muslim or christian?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
they are Flegmovins and the believe in something called GA which is equal to our GOD.

Religion is really un-important as it is here on earth. Different names, different stories all with the intent to teach a specific moral code of conduct.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Surley there must be something that they want and something that we desire from them.

I say take a capitalist position from day one and get to work.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Flegmovins

I can't get the mental image out of my head of Jerry Lewis saying this.

@#~!@#%

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Surley there must be something that they want and something that we desire from them.

Big Mac, supersized fries and a milkshake. It's what everyone wants and that is why we will go from country to country and then from planet to planet, enforcing our system of beliefs, until the universe is packed with fat, lazy, American Idol watching drones.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
You must be assuming that you know what the aliens would or would not believe in! Who is to say what would happen, there is no law that dictates that religion and alien visitors have to be at odds. I grow tired on the assumption so often so I apologize to you if I sound gritty.

The two need not be mutually exclusive is my point. Anyway, that's just my 3 cents.

Peace to yaou all, have a great day...Mondo

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Mondogiwa]

Lets just put it this way, I find that most religious people tend to have a rather narrow view in the way the universe relates to their religion. It takes very little to offend them and see the world as Good or Evil.

To fit in, you have to see the world from their particular religious point of view, otherwise you are not one of them. If you act, speak or perform in anyway counter to their religion, they are likely to consider you unclean, or commiting blasphemy. But in most cases, are normally tolerated.

The real confict comes when two religious types claim that their path is the correct one and all others are wrong. There is a limit to tolerance, sooner or later, conflicts occur, even between religions orginating from the same source.

You are either have ths same idea / religion /sub-sect as theirs and go to heaven or like everyone else go to hell.

Now apply this to the alien visitors, best case scenario they are viewed as the creator, angels, guardian spirits, worst case scenario: satan, devils, demons, heretic, infidels, blasphemy, etc. etc. What's inbetween this? who knows.

Now if the alien are not understand but are very religious in nature and seeing the universe from their religious stand points while apply similar views to humankind in reguard to their religion.

Now imagine religious technogoically advanced humankind going about the universe, judging other more primitive intelligent lifeforms according to what is most important to them, their religion.

To the religious, religion comes first, everything else is secondary.

Avoid contact with the religious kind or risk being judged.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmeartifacts
Im wondering what will everyone be doing after the ships show up in the sky or on the white house lawn.

well, that's already happened in the 70's. time rolls on and people forget about it. even after it's reached the front page of the washington post.

(ufos photographed over the white house in the 70's - clear as day)

[edit on 12-05-2006 by zooplancton]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
well, that's already happened in the 70's. time rolls on and people forget about it.

Well, yeah, the 70s. That was George Clinton funkin' it up old school with The Mothership.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

what will be the topic after they arrive?

I could picture coming here saying "Help I've welcomed a couple aliens into my home and now they won't leave. They drank all my beer and ate all my food. All they do is sit in front of my TV set and fart.. Please anyone here know how I can get rid of them."

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by manastin
Dont underestimate human rationality.

Don't underestimate human irrationality either. I can easily accept that mass panic will eventuate.

Remember that disclosure will knock most religions on the head and prime some of the zealots into holy war against those who refuse to believe.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would have to agree with manastin I think people would get on with there lives after the event and if they were not hostile then there would be a whole torrent of questions regarding everything. I would kind of hope the religious side of things would go something like......

Reporter "Do you aliens have a good"

Alien "No we don’t believe in a god" [just to appease the non believers on the board]

Reporter "So what your saying is there is no such thing as god."

Alien "No not at all. There are many worlds and many civilizations and many like yours believe in gods. But there is not just one true god, there are many true gods, and the wisest and most successful of civilisations except this, as we do, even as non believers."

And Muslims Christians and Catholics all wept together flinging their arms around each other finally accepting one and other. And that was that.

And as yo all are dreaming, what if............

Then the aliens gave out free energy and told us that we need not do so much work anymore. They gave us all our own non-polluting spacecraft and the co ordinates to peace loving planets [some planets were there were nothing but beautiful wanton women].

Then as some of the sceptics started to laugh and scoff this giant video screen popped out of the top of there space craft

And the aliens said "watch this."

And we all looked up at the video screen and...

"The universe is maintained by the peace police every opinion idea and thought is acceptable but there is to be no carrying of arms. All weapons have been abolished and will be taken from you and your governments by the peace police as authorised by the universal council to which your governments will be formerly invited and expected to join. If you do not join then we leave and you will be opposed if you try to leave your planet with your weapons."

Then......

"The peace police are in no way there to stop you from having fun or hurting yourselves there are worlds dedicated to helping those who wish to inflict pain upon themselves but inflicting physical pain on others is forbidden and punishable by in the most severe cases, death. We have a justice system with technology in effect which works flawlessly and has done for a billion years."

And everyone accepted what was said and flew off in their spaceships to live wonderful lives on amazing planets and discovered that the peace police and the council were amazing and indeed wise and intelligent.

And those who could not accept were killed and many who would not give up their weapons were educated with millions of years worth of history until it was only the idiots who could not see. The idiots were banished to the outer worlds were they could kill each other and the peaceful people didn’t care because the justice was flawless and good people were allowed to believe what they wanted to believe, in peace and harmony.

Me, I took off in my space ship to a planet that resembles the paradise we once had on earth, sure things are slightly different but that planet of wanton women is just an hours space flight away, not that I visit much these days, I have a wonderful home here and 20 women who all adore me I have about 17 kids [I lose count] lol and we spend most of our time educating ourselves in the many cultures who drift through. There really is enough space for everyone. And enough time as I have been genetically enhanced so I can live for as long as I like. It’s a choice.

There is so much more.

ps

There is even a planet full of gay wanton men and planets with straight macho men, peaceful ones of course.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by kode]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
...the "peace police" were actually just a scam. A corrupt system made to trick newly dicovered races into a false sense of security. They soften you up and make you easier to exterminate so they can expand their territories and increase their influence farther into the galaxy. And what if all they are are simply more advanced humanoids with the same war-like tendencies as humans on earth, with simply more advanced strategies to acheive power and wealth.

sorry...someone had to ruin your dream

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Its ok you did'nt ruin it.

In my what if they gave us space craft and allowed us to explore the universe and we found out that the council was wise and intelligent and billions of years old, this is the way the universe is in my what if, end of story.

However in another dimension........

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by manastin
Dont underestimate human rationality.

Don't underestimate human irrationality either. I can easily accept that mass panic will eventuate.

Remember that disclosure will knock most religions on the head and prime some of the zealots into holy war against those who refuse to believe.

This idea about religions are wrong imo. As I know most islamic interpreters claim that there are passages in Quran about alien visitors. It is possible that in Bible there are relevant passages too. I am really not expert but i saw in a documantary that monotheic religions do not a deny visitors from thr beginning.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by manastin]

[edit on 27-2-2007 by manastin]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm not a religious person, but I've read the Bible (which is more than 99% of atheists can say), and I think I know how Christians would react. They wouldn't lose their belief, wouldn't abandon their faith, but they probably would regard the "arrival" as a false representation of God on earth.

I mean, you're going to see a lot of people falling on their knees and worshipping the ETs if and when they arrive — mainly atheists, I imagine, and other weak-minded individuals who are easily swayed by appearance and mere physical evidence. Unless, of course, the aliens show up counting rosary beads and reciting their Hail Marys and Our Fathers... In which case the atheists will all commit suicide simultaneously — and won't even be missed.

True Christians won't be easily fooled, however, by the ET's high technology and miraculous appearances. It will fall right into Biblical prophecy, in fact.

The New Testament says that there will come a day when there will be false representations of Christ on earth, and there will even be miracles to substantiate these false representations of Christ. The New Testament warns that these miraculous appearances are NOT to be believed.

The Christians who truly have faith and understand the New Testament will march right through these false representations of God on earth, and they'll emerge on the other side still believing in Christ.

The only folks who would lose their minds if the aliens landed tomorrow would be those of very weak faith and understanding of their own religion. I mean, for scientific evidence to make a dent in his faith, a "believer" would have to be almost as gullible as an atheist. And that's pretty damned gullible.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I'm not a religious person, but I've read the Bible (which is more than 99% of atheists can say)

Please supply the survey data that shows that 99% of atheists have not read the Bible.

I mean, you're going to see a lot of people falling on their knees and worshipping the ETs if and when they arrive — mainly atheists,

Why would atheists worship ET? Atheists don't believe in a God, so why would they elevate ET to the position of God by worshipping them?

I would have thought that many atheists would view ET as just another life form from another place - big deal. Nothing special, nothing to worship.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Alien Sex

what is it?, "how can I get it" and "would you do that on film for me honey"............... sign here................

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Alien Sex

what is it?, "how can I get it" and "would you do that on film for me honey"............... sign here................

I wonder if the aliens take well to short, orange skirts and tight-fitting, black tops? You might be in with a chance if they do!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Alien Sex

I wonder if the aliens take well to short, orange skirts and tight-fitting, black tops? You might be in with a chance if they do!

thank goodness the wife does take to them, so if the aliens don't, I still don't lose
but, if they do, I'll be selling the films on my website LOL

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Please supply the survey data that shows that 99% of atheists have not read the Bible.

I use my own survey data, Tezz, based on years of being an atheist and dealing with atheists. For instance, I know that you haven't read the Bible, because you can't even get through Genesis, for Godsake. You've already admitted as much in other posts. Even though you sell "Christian" audio books on Ebay, you think that everything in the Bible is based on Genesis, and you don't seem to understand that the Old Testament and New Testament describe entirely different God models and belief systems.

Why would atheists worship ET? Atheists don't believe in a God, so why would they elevate ET to the position of God by worshipping them?

Because atheists have voluntarily lobotomized themselves, closing off their minds to anything divine, and only accepting that which they can verify with their mundane physical senses. When the ETs make their grand appearance (if that day ever comes), atheists will view this as the ultimate physical proof that "God doesn't exist" — otherwise, ETs would be mentioned in the Bible, right? Anything that disproves the Bible is solid gold for atheists (even though they haven't read the Bible).

We've had this discussion before, Tezz, and you became very defensive when I asked a simple rhetorical question: What if the aliens arrive and publically identify themselves as the biblical "angels" of old, the messengers of God? You flew into a tizzy when I posed that little scenario, because I suppose it violated your ultimate atheist wetdream.

This is certainly going to be THE hot topic the day after the official "ET arrival"... Are aliens going to validate or refute our religions?? Atheists will be on their feet, cheering for the downfall of theism — yahoo, our heroes have arrived!! Which is surely a kind of worship. Unless, as I suggested before, the aliens declare that they are the messengers of God, in which case the atheists will scurry back into their damp holes in the ground, cowering in fear and shame. But mostly fear.

True theists — the practicing, devout Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus — won't be fazed by all of this, if their faith is true. Sure, those with weak faith and weak minds will abandon everything they believed, but what else is new? If the ETs have been monitoring us for thousands of years, they should realize that the worst mistake they can make is assailing our religions.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/28/2007 by Doc Velocity]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join