It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what will be the topic after they arrive?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Im wondering what will everyone be doing after the ships show up in the sky or on the white house lawn.
Will we continue distrustfull conversation, this time regarding the alien agenda?

```````````````````
fixed title spelling

[edit on 27/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
...that that'll even be enough to convince the die-hard skeptics. So we'll probably still be on here, trying to make a case for their existence.

edit sp.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Stale Cracker]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Total chaos, global meltdown in finances, religion, security, etc., and that's EXACTLY why the governments of the world have tried to keep a lid on ET life!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Total chaos, global meltdown in finances, religion, security, etc., and that's EXACTLY why the governments of the world have tried to keep a lid on ET life!

Although I agree with some of the things that you have said, I don't think that there will be a global meltdown of the world financial structure. People will still have to work, pay bills and eat. IMO, I believe it will just be a huge topic of conversation for many months after disclosure.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
how the hell do we get them to go away

or

how the hell do we get them to stay

it will depend on whether they arrive with the intention of removing our horrific species for the betterment of the universe or if they arrive here and are so thoroughly disgusted by our behavior and our lives that they flee and never return

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If they are nice, I keep thinking about ET.

IF they are not nice, think War of the Worlds or Independence Day. However, IMO I don't think our govt will be like that, they will be hiding in some underground bunker somewhere.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I wonder to the people who think there will be total chaos or everything will change when they arrive. In my opinion human has a great capacity to adopt himself to radical changes. Yes, on the first days there will be schock, but believe me after one week everything will function normally again. I mean, of course nothing will be the same again, but we will live with it. Dont underestimate human rationality. Maybe they dont arrive because of people who think they cant bear this meeting

[edit on 27-2-2007 by manastin]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Most human beings believe in one form of religion or another.

I believe that the religious types will go nuts, they are gonna find their power over the masses sliping through their fingers, unless they can prove that the visitors are real demons and devils.

It could turn out to be a war between the religious minded verses and the visitors and everthing else inbetween. Ugly.

If I were the aliens, I wouldn't show up yet. Not until the humans become less religious and more open.

Religious questions are not what you would like to hear or answer from a first contact encounter with another lifeform as it is a very tricky situation.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The governments (especially the US Govt) will lose control of the population because they will lose the trust of the people. I'm guessing people will try to elect new leaders who promise more government transparency...then even more old conspiracies will emerge and be found to be true.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
what if they arrive and there is nothing "alien: about them.... Will anyone believe they are really ET's or think the goverment has once again decided to run a dis-info campaign.

Think about that, odd ufo's show up just hovering in mid air for a few days then signal that they are going to land and after a long dramatic pause the landing door opens a figure walks out looking very humanoid in appreance in some type of suit then to remove a helmet looking like tom arnold...

But really an "alien" life form truely coming from another planet but alas bioloigcally looking very similar to earthly humans...

then what and if this being walks off not knowing english but possesing some sort of translation device to communicate and tells us, "were" it. Meaning everywhere they have gone its just more the same, sure animal life varies from planet to planet but where ever they have found intelligent humanoid life it resembles "us" some more in primitive states then others but after a few 100,000 years they all eventually adapt and evolve into what we consider human.

Then what will be the outcome, knowledge that there exists more of "us" not advanced 4 th dimension beings, not strange "greys" just a universe filled with humans... how boring will the ET contact then be...

The relevation that you can travel light years away to find another human civilzation that still has its issues with hatred and wars and poverty and crime....

That the knowledge and your hopes that same advanced race would give humanity a lift into becoming something greater gets dashed in the reality that we are it. We must as a race strive to better our own planet knowing that we will either kill our planet and become like probably countless other planets and civilizations that were just a spec in the cosmos a failed genelogical experiment that could never come to grips with its own reality and always looking for some higher more advanced race to bail them out and give them un-earned wisdom.

Think about it.

How much more insignificant would you feel knowing that there exists more people just like you thousands of light years away. You could travel there and see they have homes and food and cars and tv and advertising and crime and politics etc And your beloved earth could be vaporized and yet life would carry on in the universe like it has done so for millions of years. The morning paper on this planet X might read,

before GACOM could establish a hyperspace channel expected to be completed in 200 nanoks, Charlie 45 (earth) reportedly exterminated itself recently according to Captin Jim Mook of Transtar Travel, in other news.....

And that will be our galactic history of mankind on earth a two sentence byline forever lost due to our own inability to cohabit with other humans on this planet.

It just seems so sad..

[edit on 27-2-2007 by robertfenix]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ixiy
I believe that the religious types will go nuts, they are gonna find their power over the masses sliping through their fingers, unless they can prove that the visitors are real demons and devils.

It could turn out to be a war between the religious minded verses and the visitors and everthing else inbetween. Ugly.

Religious questions are not what you would like to hear or answer from a first contact encounter with another lifeform as it is a very tricky situation.

You must be assuming that you know what the aliens would or would not believe in! Who is to say what would happen, there is no law that dictates that religion and alien visitors have to be at odds. I grow tired on the assumption so often so I apologize to you if I sound gritty.

The two need not be mutually exclusive is my point. Anyway, that's just my 3 cents.

Peace to yaou all, have a great day...Mondo

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
and RobertFenix singlehandedly ruins the alien contact fantasies of millions of believers.

actually a thought provoking post and something that I have thought might be a real possibility only in reverse. What if we are the ones who are most advanced? What if the UFO's we've seen are actually our own craft, kept secret from the public until we find other intelligent life and then, after an exhaustive search our governments come to us and say "sorry folks but everyone else is hundreds of thousands of years behind us and our petty, warring selves are as good as it gets"

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
when they come I fear we may become like the indians when the explorers come with beads and blankets.

I suspect the topics will range from; what the alien's weaknesses are, to some alien stole my mailbox.

One thing ATS is never short of is opinions and topics.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
what if they arrive and there is nothing "alien: about them....

I could live with that. As long as they had some cool robots and stuff.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It would be funny if they arrived but were akin to some sort of galactic rednecks.

In reality people would question the governments of the world if they had knowledge of such beings years in advance. Religions would be effected but would not cease to exist.

Most likely we would be asking questions about how we would adapt our lifestyles to these new found beings and their technology. Will it make our transportation easier... our lives more efficient.. our medicine better?

But if they are galactic rednecks.... How do we get rid of them?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
It would be funny if they arrived but were akin to some sort of galactic rednecks.

CNN breaking news:

Anderson Cooper reporting from the bible belt. An alien craft, resembling a beat up RV, landed in the trailer park behind me this afternoon and they immediately put alien lawn ornaments out in front of their ship. One alien, who appears to be the leader of the group, has been sitting in some kind of chair out in front of the craft for about 5 hours now, drinking and chatting with some of his crew memebers. They've been approached by the local residents, the police and the military and it seems to me that everyone is of the same opinion. These aliens are dicks.

They have nothing to offer us, their technology is pathetic, and they have terrible manners. The whole world waited for this day and now that it has come, a global "this is it?" can be heard.

Back to you Wolf.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
see now you are thinking, more "humans" and yet another new dialect to adapt to little zeta, zeta town, the zeta inn, menus in 5 languages. suffer through the automated phone lines press uno for directcions in espanol, press 2 for directions in english eckmerk beka u binga a yaya... etc

Magazines for the discriminating zeta, Humans booolika (nude)

Zeta shack home of fine zeta snacks

new entrys on the McDonalds value meal

only small advances in technology, hyper drives and anti grav, but they still crash, you can still run into the sun because of computer crashes in hyper flight, dropped calls, bsod's.

really, what if its just more of the same, what if their gestation cycle is 4 months vs our 9 months and what if by means of progressive genetic engineering that children age at a rate that is 5 times faster..

You thought the illegal immigration issue from Mexico was bad...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Anderson Cooper reporting from the bible belt.

Excellent stuff! Wouldn't it be a hoot if they travelled here from a million light years away and turned out to be a bunch of mullet headed doofuses (doofi?) who were only interested in hanging out and laying rubber in front of the Dairy Queen?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Imagine the headlines when we put the first starbucks on zeta and the first mcbrzlak's opens here in Times Square.

yeah, there's nothing to look forward to with regards to actual contact.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
An alien craft, resembling a beat up RV, landed in the trailer park behind me this afternoon and they immediately put alien lawn ornaments out in front of their ship. One alien, who appears to be the leader of the group, has been sitting in some kind of chair out in front of the craft for about 5 hours now, drinking and chatting with some of his crew memebers. They've been approached by the local residents, the police and the military and it seems to me that everyone is of the same opinion. These aliens are dicks.

its a kilometer long hunk of a hooptie interstellar RV, with 2,000 of their children along with 1,500 of his brother in laws, a few that well probably were father by the brother or one of their dads, about 800 mangy scruffy looking dogs. over flowed sanitation tanks that leak foul sewage onto planet earth....

a trash cute that free dumps to the ground, odd smelling smoke wafting from various outlets on the "ship"

yeah, lets all hurry up and make sure alien contact happens soon..

it just might be our worst nightmare, that we will want desperately to take back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join