It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implant Can Now Control Brain Functions Remotely

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Source Link: www.msnbc.msn.com

Chinese scientists have succeeded in implanting electrodes in the brain of a pigeon to remotely control the bird's flight, state media said.

Xinhua News Agency said the scientists at the Robot Engineering Technology Research Center at Shandong University of Science and Technology in eastern China used the micro electrodes to command the bird to fly right or left, and up or down.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This technology is extremely interesting, but is also a little on the scary side. We all know here on ATS how incredibly quickly technology advances. Is it so implausible to assume that within a time frame of a year or two that technology could advance to the point that these implants could be used on humans. Imagine implanting an entire army. The powers that be could actually control the soldiers from afar. Not too different from a video game. The troops would simply do whatever they were "commanded" to do.
Frightening.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Or to control undiserable behavior... like tendency to CT thinking.

ATS'ers beware!!!!!!!

Ex

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
OH!!
I just feel like we stepped into an unquestioning
Social Order.
Where choice is obsolete, with the Arrogant Guys,
thinking they know what we, their children to be guided ,need!

Ooooooooooooooooooo Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
if they chip someone, and control that persons hormones, they virtually control that person.

technology is probably so old, and notice how they say its the chinese that do it.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This has been experimented with for a long time. We bid a contract (didn't get it, just as well) in 1998 on remote control rats. We're not set up for live animals but it seemed interesting.

It's not exactly true that it's an "implant" either, there are electrodes implanted, but the business end is worn on the outside, sometimes it's a "hat" and other times it's a little back pack.

Truth is, for the most part you can get just as good a response (if not better) by not using brain electrodes. You can have the little rat back pack emit ultrasonic tones as commands, and Skinner-box the rat to respond to them.

In a real sense, that's what the pigeon guy did as well, it's not like he's taking over the pigeon's "mind" or operating the pigeon's motor functions directly. If you drop some wires in the pigeon's balance centers, you can make them veer left, right etc by making them think they're not level. Sort of like giving them electric bed-spins. So the pigeon isn't having its eyes flash red while it chirps "you are my master" or something. It just thinks it isn't level, and banks accordingly.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
This has been experimented with for a long time. We bid a contract (didn't get it, just as well) in 1998 on remote control rats. We're not set up for live animals but it seemed interesting.

It's not exactly true that it's an "implant" either, there are electrodes implanted, but the business end is worn on the outside, sometimes it's a "hat" and other times it's a little back pack.

In a real sense, that's what the pigeon guy did as well, it's not like he's taking over the pigeon's "mind" or operating the pigeon's motor functions directly. If you drop some wires in the pigeon's balance centers, you can make them veer left, right etc by making them think they're not level. Sort of like giving them electric bed-spins. So the pigeon isn't having its eyes flash red while it chirps "you are my master" or something. It just thinks it isn't level, and banks accordingly.

Well said Tom Bedlam. That's why I asked the question, in a couple of years time can technology advance to the point that it could be an implant?
Whatever the device was that was used on this pigeon, it had to be small enough and light enough to allow it to fly.
This is what we are allowed to hear. I believe that for every one thing we hear, there are things we do not hear about.

Tom, from your post, it would seem that you know a little bit about the subject, and that's cool. In your opinion, can the technology advance?

Also, I really would like to see the eyes flash red. (Sorry, had to go there!)

Ex

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Tom,
Thank you for the insight!
I would seriously like to know though,
If the chip controls direction and balance,
how long will it take to program the chip to
Kill or Not Kill??Eat or Not Eat??

The ramifications are mind boggling.
I am sure this will not stop the discovery process of
uses for this wonder.

How far has the science really gone????

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Either way this is some scary stuff .. Even if the pigeon itself isn't freaking out ... It can control a brain .... By stimulating it ... Could they stimulate a huna brain to .. think its hungry ?? Think it is in pain ? think numerous other things ... THE ANSWER IS IF NOT NOW >>> SOOOOONNN !!!!!!!

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

Truth is, for the most part you can get just as good a response (if not better) by not using brain electrodes. You can have the little rat back pack emit ultrasonic tones as commands, and Skinner-box the rat to respond to them.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Deus_Brandon]

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yes, it certainly has a scary side to it, that's for sure. But there are some practical applications. Take the "bad" out of career criminals. Take the sex drive away completely for those in fields requiring celibacy.

I've heard that there are potential plans that will require all citizens to be microchipped in the future. Could this have the potential to create "Stepford Citizens"? I've never really held the NWO conspiracy theories in high regard. This however opened my eyes a little bit.

Quite a scary possibility indeed.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Yes, it certainly has a scary side to it, that's for sure. But there are some practical applications. Take the "bad" out of career criminals. Take the sex drive away completely for those in fields requiring celibacy.

, take the 'will' out of rebellious citizens?

, take away freedom?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

, take the 'will' out of rebellious citizens?

, take away freedom?

Taking away anything/everything they want. They could literally turn the entire population into a bunch of automotons, who go to work, and sleep. They could make it that everyone who reaches a certain age, kills themselves.
They could make false emotions appear real. Make everyone think they are having a wonderful time, when in actuality they have no "life" whatsoever.
I know I'm going Orwellian here, but is it really so far fetched?
Think how much Bush would like something like this. An entire nation, who never questions. They just work for the "Imperial Leader". Doing his every wish without hesitation.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The powers that be could actually control the soldiers from afar. Not too different from a video game. The troops would simply do whatever they were "commanded" to do.
Frightening.

That would be totally impractical. It would take 2 people for every 1 soldier. One to do the fighting and one to do the controlling. It would make no sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Taking away anything/everything they want. They could literally turn the entire population into a bunch of automotons, who go to work, and sleep. They could make it that everyone who reaches a certain age, kills themselves.
They could make false emotions appear real. Make everyone think they are having a wonderful time, when in actuality they have no "life" whatsoever.
I know I'm going Orwellian here, but is it really so far fetched?
Think how much Bush would like something like this. An entire nation, who never questions. They just work for the "Imperial Leader". Doing his every wish without hesitation.

Again, impractical. Who would control so many people individually? Impossible.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

The powers that be could actually control the soldiers from afar. Not too different from a video game. The troops would simply do whatever they were "commanded" to do.
Frightening.

That would be totally impractical. It would take 2 people for every 1 soldier. One to do the fighting and one to do the controlling. It would make no sense.

Good point Dulcimer. It made so much sense when I first typed it though.....

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You can clearly see in which direction their studies go.

And btw: the non-public science is much more advanced than the public science. It's like 20-30 years more advanced. Maybe even more.
So you can be sure that somewhere behind closed doors, there are some poor MKUltra-Children walking around with electrodes and open brains. Going through unbelievable experiments. Being fine-tuned for the public use.

People answering with "Oh.. well.. pretty scary. BUT it could also be used for some useful and coherent stuff.. like programming zoo-animals to crap exactly in the designated wastezones. Or even better! Steer them to clean the zoo themselves... using their wounded azzes to wipe up the floor! I mean we would certainly spend less money on employees!!"..

You guys puzzle me. Seriously. How can people pretend to be so blind and not seeing what danger lies behind those inventions?

This is a nightmare becoming reality. I can already see ourselves fullfilling some freemason's craziest and most perverted, painful sexual fantasies. Without free will or even thoughts. MatriXXX!

If people don't wake up we will end in like something comparable to the Log-Books of the Event Horizon.

Or.. wait.. No! I completely forgot. The Elite wants all the best for us. They actually care about Humans! I'm sorry!

Don't believe that this scenario is possible?

Well check this out then:

Mind Control

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Now if it got to the point where they could basically take over a human body and control it totally remotely I could see many devious uses.... like spies and assassins.. but as of the moment I bet it would be like watching an old dog with cataracts walk into an obvious wall.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's pretty cool until you end up wearing a helmut and your activities are restriced to certain things.

You can only go to work and home.

No, walk away from the police who have grabbed the person who took off their helmut.

Walk away Walk away very fast.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I can imagine a bunch of clones getting implants, and being controlled to fight a war.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Source Link: www.msnbc.msn.com

Chinese scientists have succeeded in implanting electrodes in the brain of a pigeon to remotely control the bird's flight, state media said.

Xinhua News Agency said the scientists at the Robot Engineering Technology Research Center at Shandong University of Science and Technology in eastern China used the micro electrodes to command the bird to fly right or left, and up or down.
(visit the link for the full news article)

thats comforting. next the nwo will be using human test subjects. wonderfull. (sarcasm)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join