It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open apology Souljah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Dear Souljah and ATS,

I would like to apologize to you regarding comments I made in a thread regarding British troops supporting terrorism in Iraq and Northern Ireland. Many stories were being thrown around and many UK members, myself included, gave personal accounts about what happened in Northern Ireland.

First mistake I made was bringing personal information about my family into a thread, yes it helped to prove that some of the accounts were wrong, but thats what kicked it off. Putting private information changes a thread in a way that can result in "loosing your cool".

Thread went on after page after page and still many would not accept our personal stories. At that point, I reinforced what was said and then entered a debate with Souljah. At one point, Souljah called the British goverment corrupt and I replied in a way that NO MEMBER OF ATS EVERY SHOULD. I have been here for four years, I should no better. I made the whole thread personal and for those who do not know Souljah, he is from the former Yugoslavia Republic and we all know the tragic events of what happened in that part in the World.

Well, I felt that if he was so sure about corruption lets talk about his country in which I brought up the events of the killings and genocide that took place. I have re-read what I said and yes, it was nasty in the wording. It was very sarcastic and something you do not expect from anyone, especially regarding events that killed 10,000s of people. Souljah replied and you could tell that what I said effected him, but he still stuck to his guns (which you have to admire in a member). Insteading of just agreeing to disagree, I basically stuck the knife in about his posts on ATS and said he was spreading misleading facts about a tragedy...i remember you was one of the first to do so on July 7th... .

I have not seen him on ATS since or in that thread, so I would like send an apology to Souljah regarding my comments about him, Yugoslavia and his post history on ATS. I do hope that you are still posting on ATS and I hope to hear from you soon.

And to the whole of ATS, I let you guys down on that day.

Yours Truly,

Daniel (infinite)

xox

[edit on 27-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Dear infinite,

First of all, your apology is accepted. I think you are the first person to apologize to me in public and for that you have my deepest respect. Maybe we do not agree on many points, but that still does not mean that we shouldn't respect each other.

Secondly I know how it is, when certain topics are related to your personal life and feelings and I can only imagine what it must be for you to talk about Northern Ireland. And I am sorry to say, but you are not thinking rational anymore, more emotional. But please know, that a true patriot defends his country against All enemies - foreign AND domestic. And usually those domestic ones are the trickier and more dangerous ones. Just remember Julius Cesar.

Anyway, do not worry - I am still around here, but I have just left that thread, since I saw it was going nowhere and I felt I alraedy presented all the information I could find about this certain topic. Let the people decide.

Take Care man,
Much Respect!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
i am glad that you are still posting, i thought you left. i was really worried

i do respect you Souljah, even though i didnt show it

[edit on 27-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Much props to both of you. Infinte, you've got my way above vote. Its a hard to publicly apoligize. I repect ya for that.

Now, to get rid of this hangover. Where are those damn Chaser pills when ya need 'em. lol

Take care.
TD

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Much respect guys.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Infinite and Souljah,

Much respect to you both for solving your differences.

And thankyou for making me smile today

new topics

top topics

join