It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Anti-Christian Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
OK, here's what I see on my opening Discussions page; Active Topics, what've we got? "Alleged Tomb Of Jesus Christ Stirs Religious Controversy In New Documentary", "Is Finding The Bones Of Jesus A Step Toward One World Govt (sic)", and "Could The Shroud Of Turin Verify The Supposed Remains Of Jesus?"
Now, I appreciate a talented muckraker, but this is starting to sound a little like The National Enquirer. In case these guys or anybody don't know it, the whole basis of Christianity's based on Jesus' undying Assumption into Heaven. Yeah, duh, if you found Jesus' remains or his grave, why, it'd definitely have an impact on the religion.
Then, on the right side of the page, I have a big face of who's supposedly got a mental image of what Jesus looked like, with a big banner; "Jesus Didn't Exist?" Which was placed strategically below a link entitled, "Advertise Here".
I'm not the biggest Christian, I'm not anyone at all, but it seems the last refuge of a mean spirit is to drag others' ideals down.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
*shrug*
What do you expect in a Conspiracy Forum?
The whole point of this place is for people to argue over rather extreme points of view. You put up a belief, and people are going to try and tear it down.

That's the Game.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
*bows*
You are of correctness, my mistake, forget I said anything.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by dynphasia]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My proof that ATS is not an Anti-Christian conspiracy is that I have not been banned yet.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
My proof that ATS is not an Anti-Christian conspiracy is that I have not been banned yet.

Heck, I was made a moderator...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Christianity should be more concerned with the TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ rather than whether or not he ascended into heaven... All of this talk about whetehr or not those bones are really Christ's means little to me. Regardless of the outcome, I still believe what I believe because I hinge my beliefs on the teachings and promise of Christ.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Saint4God, don't you think that the fact you are respectful contributes to that as well. There have been some "christians" that have come on here who were not, let's just say they weren't particularly open to other people's beliefs or opinions and they indeed, at least eventually, wound up being banned.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Christianity should be more concerned with the TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ rather than whether or not he ascended into heaven...

It should be concerned with all aspects of Christ, period. No pick and choose.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, if it doesn't have the TEACHINGS of Christ as its center, then I don't see how it can call itself Christianity. Period.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Well, if it doesn't have the TEACHINGS of Christ as its center, then I don't see how it can call itself Christianity. Period.

see, this is why speaker is among my favorite theists on ATS

hell, even atheists consider many of the teaching of jesus as perfectly acceptable and valid (my personal favorite would be turn the other cheek)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Pardon my one-liner, but.....

Amen.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dynphasia
I'm not the biggest Christian, I'm not anyone at all, but it seems the last refuge of a mean spirit is to drag others' ideals down.

I think that you need to spend more than one day observing before you make this kind of claim.

I am a Christian and I have been a member of this board since 2004.

There are many points of view on this board and if you take the time, you would realize how wonderful it is to come to a place where ideologies, theologies, opinions, etc.. are expressed freely and at the same time moderated to enable those thoughts and ideas to be represented in a way that it is not emotive but thoughtful, enabling each and every one of us to analyze what is presented without having to deal with the everyday emotional expression of someone's point of view.

Sit back and read some threads, take it in, think about what is being presented, then voice your opinion, just don't join the board and post ridiculous claims, before you even have the opportunity to let us know where you are coming from..

This is a great cyber chess match of the mind, check it out, you just might enjoy it.....

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Saint4God, don't you think that the fact you are respectful contributes to that as well.

Why thank you speaker! Love right back at ya
. Although, many times I've been accused of being disrespectful >_> .....

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
It should be concerned with all aspects of Christ, period. No pick and choose.

I like the way you think. It brings up a very valid point too. Believers do not get the option to cherry-pick the parts of the Bible that make them feel warm and fuzzy. The truth is the truth, accept en totale or you're believing in half-lies. I'm sure that sounds harsher than intended, but reality does not alter according to one's own perspective. It's a hard lesson to learn because we realize we're not the one in control. For many, that causes them to squirm in their seat. I can say realizing I wasn't in control was one of the hardest hitting things for me...and still had to learn how to relinquish more of it over the years.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
There are many points of view on this board and if you take the time, you would realize how wonderful it is to come to a place where ideologies, theologies, opinions, etc.. are expressed freely and at the same time moderated to enable those thoughts and ideas to be represented in a way that it is not emotive but thoughtful, enabling each and every one of us to analyze what is presented without having to deal with the everyday emotional expression of someone's point of view.

Well, since there's no "spirit of ATS award", I guess this will have to do:

You have voted JacKatMtn for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Saint4God, don't you think that the fact you are respectful contributes to that as well.

Why thank you speaker! Love right back at ya
. Although, many times I've been accused of being disrespectful >_> .....

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
see, this is why speaker is among my favorite theists on ATS

Thank you, madness... I do appreciate the compliment. Despite the fact that you may be an athiest,madness, I do believe you are good at heart,bud. You are one of my favorite posters actually. Although I have many..

[edit on 1-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would not be surprised at all about the aboundant obsession of anti-Christians (here using the definition that any group that opposes the Christian Faith is an "anti-Christian")to try to ridiculize The Christian Faith.
The "key word" is faith. We Christians have a strong faith that Jesus Christ is the only human being in the entire history of humanity that came from God,and became man,and died on a cross for the salvation of humanity,and most important(also based on pure faith)that as the only Son of God,he resurrected and ascended into Heaven. No other prophet,and there were many,could possibly fulfill the Messianic prophesy. Not Abraham,Moses,David,or any other Jewish prophet could even come close to the religious purity of Jesus, nor muhammed,or Budda for that matter.
Jesus was and is the only God-person that preached love instead of violence,and is the only one according to scriptures,who never violated any of the Ten Commandments.Therefore his saintliness has been unequalled by any other human being. And he was the only of the prophets who identified himself as GOd:"nobody comes to the Father if is not through me". When asked by the Jewish priests if he was the only Messiah, he answered that he was!". Therefore through his own admission,and by the unduplicated miracles he performed, he's is the only candidate in the history of humanity who proved beyond doubt that He and God,and the Holy Spirit isGod triune.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by Prelate]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'll submit to all of ATS, if Prelate does not get banned for what was just said in that last post, then we have proof positive ATS is not an Anti-Christian Conspiracy.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I'm still kickin too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join