It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons stars.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Artists :

Georges Brassens

Orson Welles

Hugo Pratt

Clark Gabble

Peter Sellers

Louis Armstrong

Jean Sibelius

Kipling

Politics :

La Fayette

Georges Washington

Pascal Paoli

Jules Ferry

Franklin ( scientist, deputy )

Guillotin ( Do you remember the guillotine ? )

Emile Combes ( The separation of Church & State )

Baden Powell ( scoutism )

Others :

Newton

Montesquieu

dAlembert

Goethe

Danton

Diderot

Haydn

Casanova

Eon Knight

Voltaire

Condorcet

Rouget de lIsle

Bougainville

Piccini

Kant

Lalande

Hennessy

Norfolk

Desmoulins

Rohant-Chabot

Rameau

Marceau

Spontini

Suffren

marquis de Sade

Lessing

Horace Walpole

comtesse de Sgur

Necker

Mirabeau

Marat

Princes & Kings :

Guillaume III dOrange-Nassau ( England )

Franois de Habsbourg-Lorraine ( Germany )

Jacques 1er( Scotland )

Joseph II ( Austria )

Gustave III & Charles XIII ( Sweden )

Pierre I & Alexandre I, ( Russia )

Honor V ( Prince of Monaco )

Popes :

Benot XIV

Pie IX

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 11:49 AM
link   
And for some reason, despite this record, people are still extremely suspicous of the Masons.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Actually, I'm suspicious of the list.

Here's the Masonic Lodge of New York's list of famous Masons. It includes Roy Rogers but not Newton (born before the first lodge was founded)... etc:
www.nymasons.org...

Here's another Masonic Lodge's list -- note that the list includes writers and cosigners of the Constitution... not included on the other list:
www.allen.tx-mm.org...

I found an interesting list that I didn't believe because it had the Black singer, Nat "King" Cole on it... and checking Masonic lodge sites, I found out that it was indeed true. Nat King Cole was a Mason.

(long list of famous Masons: members.aol.com...

Where was the source of your list?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Actually, I'm suspicious of the list.

Where was the source of your list?

www.chez.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Actually Byrd, there may be good cause to call Hiram Abiff a creation, but there is equally good cause to date masonry back to the first mellinea BC...about 1015 BC to be exact.

Until the medeival ages, around about 1200 or so it had many roots, but once it coallessed into opperative stone masonry, it only had one path to being speculative. Newton was a speculative mason.

The Grand Lodge of England formed by the union of four previously existing lodges, so there was masonry before the founding of that lodge. I am saddend to see that Ashmole is not on the list =(

He is the first recorded initiate into freemasonry, 1604 I think. Not sure when Newton would have joined, but he well could have during his life time.

Hmm yeah you said before the "first lodge" was founded, no Newton died before the "first GRAND lodge" was founded. I would say that freemason lodges have been around since the 1200s or late 1100s. Of course many masons differ on when they actually think masonry began, but it is mainly perspective. But all masons agree, or well should, that freemasonry was around by the 1600s

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 09:51 AM
link   
FM, there's no evidence that Newton belonged to a lodge or was associated with the Masons/Freemasons. There's a LOT of biographies on him and tons of material (and his own writings) and none of it leads in that direction.

He did, however, write on theology and on alchemy. www.ic.ac.uk...

The inclusion of the Popes on the list is also what makes it suspicious. Had the Masons existed since the 11th century or so, the Masonic organization would be predominantly Catholic... or fragmented into two equal lodges (one Protestant, one Catholic) and the Vatican would be blessing FreeMasons instead of encouraging the KoC.

IMHO, of course. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The inclusion of the Popes on the list is also what makes it suspicious.

These 2 popes were really FM. But for a short time only. When they realized what was the FM, they tryed to stop them !

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Gotta disagree with you on that one, UP. If Catholicism had been involved, EVERY Pope would have been a Mason and they'd have invented a high title for them and given them some sort of Official Mystic Name.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 09:52 AM
link   
AHA! FM -- I found a page similar to the one I was talking about (the one that says much of the early Masonic history is fluff and romance):

www.hiram.net...

Hiram.net is a lodge site, run by Masons for Masons.

posted on Nov, 22 2002 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too sure about that, I mean I can't read it well because the "chapter" is not well devided, and its subjects intermingled so I can't tell what they are talking about from one sentence to the next. But if I'm reading it right, they don't even know the story of hiram abiff

Oh well I'll browse the site and see what it has to offer, but I doubt its legitimacy, beware of those cowans who would destroy us

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Gotta disagree with you on that one, UP. If Catholicism had been involved, EVERY Pope would have been a Mason and they'd have invented a high title for them and given them some sort of Official Mystic Name.

Well Byrd, these 2 popes were FM, but you can see them like intruders inside the FM. They have been FM just for a short-time.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think you'll find that however 'exact" 1015 BC might be - it certainly wouldn't have been in the "first" millennium BC -being somewhat more than 1,000 years from 1 AD!

"Not sure when Newton would have joined, but he well could have during his life time."

He would have had some other opportunity?

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 06:23 AM
link   
"Newton died before the "first GRAND lodge" was founded. "
The first grand Lodge for London and Westminster was founded in 1717 - and Newton died ten year later in 1727.
For that matter, The Grand Lodge of All England was founded in York, and that of Ireland, too - 2 years before Newton died.

...aaarrrgh..sigh....aaarrrgh

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 06:30 AM
link   
beyond pasting from a French site - have you found anything to justify the assertions about Benedict XIV and Pius IX?
I can imagine the rather modern, very learned and very academically inclined Benedict hobnobbing with masons, given the dates of his papacy - but actually WAS one?
But Pius? Force behind Vatican I and papal infallibility? I suppose he could have been an Illuminati stooge -but that seems unlikely.
So, anything beyond this cut'n'paste -I'm genuinely rather interested -especially concerning Pius.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 06:47 AM
link   
beyond pasting from a French site - have you found anything to justify the assertions about Benedict XIV and Pius IX?
I can imagine the rather modern, very learned and very academically inclined Benedict hobnobbing with masons, given the dates of his papacy - but actually WAS one?
But Pius? Force behind Vatican I and papal infallibility? I suppose he could have been an Illuminati stooge -but that seems unlikely.
So, anything beyond this cut'n'paste -I'm genuinely rather interested -especially concerning Pius.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 06:52 AM
link   
As for Ultra-Phoe's unacknoledged -in his first posting -source "chez.com" is just a middle-sized French site -personal web-pages etc: geocities with garlic.
And as there WILL be no enlightenment here on Pius XI and Masonry - rest assured gentle posters that this is a very, very old hoax.
Anyone remotely interested in the story (or in becoming a more plausible charlatan) should search "Leo Taxil" (a pseudonym) who was behind it all well over a century ago (news travels slowly, it seems)

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Anyone making the effort will find lots on Masonry, Anti-Masonry, Lucifer-ism and all the rest: it really is old, old, old stuff, but a splendid illustration that, while the history of human progress and ingenuity is fascinating stuff, the history of credulity, stupidity and charlatanism often tells us far more about ourselves.

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Estragon, unlike what many anti-masons or the few shortsided masons who are just in it to get a good business deal, masonry existed before the Grand Lodge of England.

I don't know if Newton really was or wasn't, I've not bothered to find any documentation, however, the possibility that he WAS a Freemason is what I was stating. The possibility is by far there, especially concidering AS I SAID EARLIER that Ashmole! Was the first documented initiate at I think 1604. Which of course is 113 years BEFORE the creation of the Grand Lodge in 1717.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yes Estragon, I know the taxil story.

Since many years, the FM have infiltrated the Christianism to destroy it from the inner.

For the popes, I will not look on Internet.You can do it by yourself if you want. In fact, I don't mind if some popes were or were not FM. I just found this french webpage ( I don't even remember why and how ) and I posted it here.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 10:02 AM
link   
UP, the popes really weren't Freemasons. If they had been, everyone (including the lodges) would know and would be promoting it.

People speculate about things all the time. They like to say things like "the leaders of all the nations meet once a year in Bohemian Grove" -- and although you can prove it to be a silly rumor, the lie (the world leaders are meeting for some ultra-secret reason) is more interesting than the truth (if they wanted to get together, they just do it.)

So the notion (and it's an anti-catholic one) that the Popes were involved in secret organizations/the NWO is just someone's speculation. Unfortunately, this lie/misinformation is then used to badger people ("oh! No REAL Christian would be a Catholic because it's a Masonic plot to start up the NWO!")

FM can correct me here, but I *thought* that at one time Catholics were not allowed in the FreeMasons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join