It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snippy the Mutilated Horse Alive & Well... on Ebay!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Snippy the Horse, the first known case of livestock mutilation by "aliens," is once again galloping into the limelight — albeit on crutches.

Snippy Here! Get Your Snippy!

Word is that the current owner of Snippy's skeleton is looking for a winning bid of around 50k... which is wishful thinking, at least, in my opinion. And NO, I'm not affiliated with nor am promoting this auction in any way.

On the contrary, I strongly advise against participating in it.

While the 1967 Snippy Mutilation Case is well known — a classic, in fact — the story is far too convoluted and corrupted with contradictory and flat-out bogus information for the prospective buyer of this skeleton to be certain that he is getting the "real thing."

For one example of how the story was skewed in the press, the horse that was mutilated in Alamosa, Colorado, in 1967 was not named "Snippy" at all — the name of the grossly mutilated 3-year-old mare was "Lady," but her real name was quickly lost to history. Not sensational enough, I guess. While the name "Snippy" was not exactly invented by the news media, it was borrowed, shall we say, from another horse that was living on the same Alamosa ranch as Lady... "Snippy" was just too good a name for the news media to pass up, so it stuck.

As the story goes, poor old Lady, in addition to having all the flesh melted off of her head and neck, endured no less than 4 autopsies and/or physical examinations by different "experts," who variously described her death as everything from truly bizarre to nothing out of the ordinary. When NICAP investigated an unrelated UFO sighting in Colorado at about the same time in 1967, Lady's case spun wildly out of control and came to be remembered as the first known instance of cattle mutilation by UFOs. Needless to say, the nut jobs were coming out of the woodwork proposing all the sort of fantasy and unsubstantiated conspiracy theory that you might find at... well... the expected places.

Supposedly, several months after Lady's death, a local fellow procured her carcass, boiled all the remaining schmutz off of it, and wired it into a standing skeletal display, which changed locations and ownership numerous times in the long years that followed. The present owner rescued the skeleton from a dilapidated shack where it had been stored for many years, and he's now trying to cash in on the find in a big way, marketing it on Ebay as the original "Snippy"......

However, according to Jim Branson (author of the classic "Weird America"), the actual skeleton of Lady the horse disintegrated "like shredded wheat" within a very short period of time after her death.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/27/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Case aside, whoever buys that piece of crap is an idiot.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Here's the line that I love from the auction description:

So was Snippy killed by extraterrestrials? Who Knows. Does it really matter?

Dude... Ummm, you're shooting for a $50,000 high bid. YEAH, IT MATTERS! I mean, God, I wouldn't shell out 50 large for a pile of bones just because you claimed it was Jimmy Hoffa, would I? Come to think of it, that might be the skeleton of Jimmy Hoffa... and I still wouldn't pay 50 grand for it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
thats mad i just feel sorry for the horse

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
However, according to Jim Branson (author of the classic "Weird America"), the actual skeleton of Lady the horse disintegrated "like shredded wheat" within a very short period of time after her death.

Interesting, but was she sweet on one side, wholesome on the other? I think what we really want to know was - did she stay crunchy in milk?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloS13
Interesting, but was she sweet on one side, wholesome on the other? I think what we really want to know was - did she stay crunchy in milk?

If you're talking about a puss-filled, malodorous, maggot-infested, rotting bowl of milk, then yes, I suppose a mutilated horse skeleton would stay crunchy long enough for you to eat your fill.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Makes no difference. I always sprinkle some fresh fruit on my rotting, malodorous equine carcasses. Then I always have some crunch!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thanx i just ate 3 bowls of cereal 5 min. ago

new topics

top topics

join