It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed bill to make Anne Frank honorary US citizen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Proposed bill to make Anne Frank honorary US citizen

Source Link: newsinfo.inquirer.net

NEW YORK -- A US lawmaker has submitted a bill seeking honorary citizenship for Anne Frank, whose family sought in vain to secure refuge in the United States during World War II, his office said Monday.

The draft legislation, which has not drawn a great deal of enthusiasm from the family, was presented by Long Island, New York Democrat Steve Israel.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Another cousin living in San Diego, Edith Gordon, said: "It doesn't seem right to me somehow, when we didn't let her into the country."

Her cousin makes a great case. We denied her access then, why do it now? Does it serve a different purpose?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
they should have done it back then..but they thought some immigrants maybe spies? sure..who did make it across the ocean?only briljant scientist of course..
why in hell propose a bill like this..what a waste of time..

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Um don't these people have anything better to do?

A lot of people died during ww2 and while I understand the plight...The Anne Frank Diary was required reading at saturday school...but she's dead she doesn't need citizenship.

My favorite line in the article is this one:

Bernd Elias, a German cousin of Anne Frank, living in Switzerland told The New York Times: "I cannot see the point. She saw herself as Dutch."

If Steve Israel really wants to honor the dead jewish children he says he's honoring, he can work harder to make america the place Anne Frank's father wanted to come to and not waste time on useless pieces of legislation that do absolutely nothing.

Whaddawienie.

Spiderj

top topics

join