It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Garlic, supplements don't lower cholesterol as claimed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

People who use garlic supplements to lower cholesterol may endure stinky breath for nothing, according to a new study by Stanford University researchers.

Garlic has long been thought to possess cholesterol-lowering properties, and many Americans take garlic supplements in hopes of improving their health.
Garlic

I have always been skeptical of the broad claims many of these supplimets make. While some may have an effect, it is seldom as grand as the pundits make them out to be. Everything in moderation will do more for you than a miracle suppliment IMHO

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well I have been using omega 3, and 3 thousand milligrams a day of environment C as a natural statin because I can not take any statin controlling pills, plus a very strict low cholesterol and fat diet, plus no salt at all unless is naturally in the food, no added.

No I am not having a boring diet actually I am becoming quite very good cooking healthy and I cook a different dish everyday that also helps my husband stay in the diet.

So far is working but I never used garlic as part of my cholesterol fighting diet.

I just love garlic as a seasoning.
I still think garlic as a natural seasoning is great.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Psychosomatic effects are documented quite a bit.

Look at studies using double-blinds, the placebo group has a percentage
that seems to garner the effects of the substance being tested, even
though they are given placebo's.

I'm not a believer in this kind of "herbal" medicine, but if it doesn't hurt
and helps a few people, why not.

Lex

join