It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens. Abduction. What "rights" do we have?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
...Continued

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
Maybe I have misinterpreted you, but I get the impression you have a different view on this. I'd be interested to hear it.

I'm not going to claim truths. But I will pose questions for thought...

What if there are a gazillion species higher than us and below God?
What if we were created by a higher species but lower than God?
What if we are the property of another species?
What if we do not own our bodies?
Is what we see in the mirror everything that makes up a person?

If you believe in life after death, then death is a beginning, not an end. What then of our bodies? They are garbage, no? We are disposable! and biodegradable! lol.

Unless you believe that this life is it and then nothing, then I probably can't add any further insights because I can no longer see the point in anything if that's true. But if not, then the universe is your oyster and we really are energy beings.

With science getting into cloning, messing with DNA etc, isn't it beyond the realms of possibility that all of the physical is simply technology? Everything is a machine! Maybe.

If we are energy beings (as I know *ahem* believe) then the physical is not what it appears. Some sort of illusion... oops has that been said before. If we are not what we appear, then potentially nothing is.

Given that everything is too perfect for life as we know it and leads us to see that there is a design element then the whole of the physical could simply be there for a purpose. We are simply a small element to that purpose and an important one, which is where our arrogance comes from. We just need to take that down a notch or two.

What is wrong with the picture you paint is patently obvious to me.

Cool, then the thread has served it's purpose. I only want to get people to think.

As we do not have any rights, we cannot judge. And yet, we all do it every single day. Having said that, do we have the right to judge the person who commits murder?

There is a difference. But since you ask, I don't think so. That'll raise a few eyebrows! I'm not talking about rights between men, where we are equal.. sort of.

But since you raise it, I'll give an opinion... Look at the Amish school in PA, the Amish were at the doors of the family of the perpetrator, forgiving. These people know that justice is not dealt by man. Locking someone up does not take away the pain, does not bring people back, does not undo the action and the harm. The perpetrators soul will still have a pennance to pay no matter what man does to them. That's in the realms of belief though.

If we don't, then where does that leave us? In certain circumstances, we do need to judge the actions of others and act accordingly, but that brings me full circle. Is it more simple than that? Do we have rights to some things and not others? Possibly. We have been gifted with free will, therefore, whether or not we have a right to do so, we must judge sometimes.

Do we need a judgement process to know murder is wrong? The judicial system is not there to judge a murderer, it is there to establish whether they have the right person and are they removing the right person from society to protect the others. A murderer isn't in court for us to decide if murder is wrong, we know that. The judgement we make is the punishment dealt. Sometimes it is death, sometimes it is locking them up. Of course, we need to protect the innocent and remove these dastardly people but no matter what punishment is dealt, it doesn't change the fact that wrong has been committed against another. You use an extreme analogy but we tend to take that judgement to extremes.

If we think murder is wrong, how do we allow our governments to kill on a mass scale? Most of us will accept that in some cases, murder is ok. If someone murders my family and I hunt down and kill the murderer, is that ok? No! but a person in this situation would get a lot of support. However, this is all different because we DO have rights in these situations, for example, surely we have a right to defend ourselves whilst being attacked. yeahright's links also points to certain rights we should or do have in Earth societies. Sure, we have to take some action against those that wrong us but even that is subjective.

I'm suprised no one has taken this slant on this thread. Abductees who have frightening experiences are under attack. Don't they have a right to defend themselves? or are the not under attack? I know there are many that think we are.

I think we fail to question because we are perhaps afraid of the answer.

Have a cigar on me!

That is probably due to our ego status. We are so dominant and arrogant that we feel the need to control, subdue or destroy things that we percieve to be in direct oppostion to where we think we should be.

2 cigars!

Thanks again for your excellent post!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join