It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Tomb of Jesus Christ Stirs Religious Controversy in New Documentary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I can easily imagine wars since many people might think they no longer have religious tenets such as the 10 commandments holding them back from doing whatever they want.

You havn't felt the coming storm the past few years?

Learn to swim

This statement has nothing to do with religion and everthing to do with mankinds spiritual development. We are polarizing between the lightworkers (no religion required) and the bullies.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I think everyone feels the coming storm, different people react differently to the pressure it presents some are in complete denial of the coming one world government thinking that the U.S. is too strong a power to succumb to it, but if bible prophecy is correct america will fall in one day....Infact in one hour.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by the_sentinal]

[edit on 27-2-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't believe much of that non-sense (nor do I believe Christianity non-sense either), but count yourself lucky.

Imagine if they had discover Allah-Mohamed tomb with a couple of mistress and a young child in it.

You think that the Mohamed Cartoon crisis, last year, was bad.

The whole world will be close to total explosion by now.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
From what I can see in pretty much every nation on this planet, religion fuels and maintains segregation, mis-trust, disharmony and ensures that there is a reason for gun companies to keep on producing.

If this world had no religion I have little doubt that the world would be a far more relaxed place.

The most annoying thing I think is that it not worth debating with some of the more religious on these pages because if ever you find a whole in the holey (exscuse the pun) they just jump behind the 'well it's all true because we have faith and you don't'.....

Well if I aint got faith and your Gods made us all in his/their/her images - do they have faith? If they made me, they made me without faith.

Ahhh, yes the freewill argument will follow now, and so many other pointless exscuses for why religion might have some grounding in reality. Ultimately, what is the point of it, of a God of any kind, of higher and lower beings? Whats the point?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Religion is the governance of Souls. You should have realised by now that you don't HAVE a soul, because you ARE a soul.

If you can comprehend the gravity of that, then you have a lifetime of Free Will* decisions to make, which determine whether you are a good Soul or a bad Soul (or zen between them). The 'point' of institutionalised religion is to assert doctrine that helps each Soul make those choices, for better or worse. Which doctrine is best for each individual? Afaic it's Caveat Emptor.

Some consider God to be the architect of this elaborate puzzle, and you could argue that God's actual existence, as well as the afterlife, is irrelevant to the overall solution, and I'd mostly agree.

*Free Will is subject to the laws of physics of your designated universe. Wiki 'Science' for details.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I'm not picking on you LoneGunMan .... in general ...

I've been hearing this same thing since the mid 1980's.

'I feel something coming.' 'There is a storm coming.' 'Anytime now.' 'This is it.' 'Now more than ever we can feel something brewing.' 'everyone feels it.' 'the signs are there' .. etc etc

For 25 years I've heard this stuff. I even said it more than a few times in the mid 1990s. Well, here it is 2007 and there is a new crop of people saying exactly what I heard all through the 1980's and 1990s. The 'storm' keeps blowing itself out I guess.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quackmaster
I find it laughable that in a world of so called intelligent beings that people still believe in religion. Are people that weak to exist within themselves that they have to find reason of being in some mystical bearded guy or a short bloke with too many bellies?

Funny because if it wasn't so sad I would find it laughable so called intelligent people don't realize that religion was formed to keep them in blindness. Why is it that the weak minded can't see the truth of the Messiah. The think they know, but they are the most fooled of all.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Why is it that the weak minded can't see the truth of the Messiah

when you say messiah are you talking about Jesus or the other one who you called lord a couple of weeks back
what was his name now
oh yeah
SATAN

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Maybe they tested all of the so called Holy Lances for DNA to compare with whatevers in the tomb.

I dont know if DNA would survive that long on a metal object or if any of them are real. But it helps to offer an explanation of where they could get DNA to compare it to. Just a thought.

Holy Lance/Holy Spear

FlyersFan, isnt 25 years just a drop in the bucket of the lifetime of earth. I know, i know, people "feeling the change coming" are a dime a dozen(no offense change feelers) but things are happening all the time. Not necessarily bringing on the storm of all mother of changes, but isnt the general "mood" of people just getting worse? Degredation of society in general just seems on the rise at times. Maybe its just now we have instant transfer of news and info and its "in our face" more and more. Just another thought.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I Don't understand the Da Vinci controvercy. Why does Jesus having a child make him any less holy or any less importiant. Shouldn't bones be a blessing? It is proof that Jesus Christ acctually walked this earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join