It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Tomb of Jesus Christ Stirs Religious Controversy in New Documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Alleged Tomb of Jesus Christ Stirs Religious Controversy in New Documentary

Source Link: www.foxnews.com

"The Lost Tomb of Jesus," produced by Oscar-winning director James Cameron and scheduled to air March 4 on the Discovery Channel, argues that 10 small caskets discovered in 1980 in a Jerusalem suburb may have held the bones of Jesus and his family.

One of the caskets even bears the title, "Judah, son of Jesus," hinting that Jesus may have had a son, according to the film.

"There's a definite sense that you have to pinch yourself," Cameron said Monday at a news conference. In an earlier television interview, he said that statisticians found "in the range of a couple of million to one" in favor of the documentary's conclusions about the caskets, or ossuaries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
More davince code non-sense, I cant believe that people actually believe that this fable is somehow real, now their going to fabricate some evidence to cause even more people to buy the lie. Jesus body and bones are not on this earth. period.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I love it, Its a FABLE to believe that a man, a human being... died and left bones lying around..

but its truth that he rose from the dead and walked on water and all that.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I love it, Its a FABLE to believe that a man, a human being... died and left bones lying around..

but its truth that he rose from the dead and walked on water and all that.

Yep, you can believe a fable if you want to I'll stick with the truth. this whole thing is a ploy to strip the deity away from jesus, by saying he never arose from the dead.........Please.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
let me get this straight,

Jesus dying, and leaving bones lying about like normal humans isnt the truth.

the truth is that he rose?

is that what your saying?

and that there's NO CHACE of him having remains?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
Yep, you can believe a fable if you want to I'll stick with the truth. this whole thing is a ploy to strip the deity away from jesus, by saying he never arose from the dead.........Please.

What?

This documentary may be meaningless to you, because you will choose faith over anything else.

But wouldn't the more prudent action be to view the documentary to further solidify your faith that Jesus existed? Because quite honestly, it seems that physical proof would be really helpful for the Christian faith?

Your reality vs. the rest of the world's reality is not the issue. Not everyone is Christian, and not everyone should submit to your viewpoint, just as you should not be forced to submit to anyone else's.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Israeli authorities say they are prepared to consider opening to the public a 2,000-year-old burial tomb in Jerusalem's East Talpiot neighborhood which is said by the makers of a new documentary to have likely been the final resting place of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother, partner Mary Magdalene, son, and other members of his family.

www.jpost.com...

seems israel is keen to release some truths also

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This search for Jesus's body/bones just seems so ....... pointless. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see them keep searching,... maybe someday they might find it, but how are we going to know that it was "THE" Jesus beyond a doubt? First, it's not impossible to think that he wasn't the only guy named "Jesus" with a mother named "Mary". Second,.. it's not like we can identify him through DNA testing and say... "yep, that was THE Jesus Christ". Third,... (this is for the people who believe he ascended)... if you believe in a soul, why couldn't Jesus appear in spirit form instead of taking his physical body up to heaven? What would he do there with his physical body? As I understand it, the soul ascends, not the body. I'm thinking that if any of this ever happened, Jesus appeared in spirit form, and his body was gone because someone had stolen it. People just assumed that he woke from the dead and ascended as body and spirit. If he was so loved, maybe someone took it to bury it in a safer place. Therefore (in my opinion) I don't see how finding Jesus's bones would shake anyone's beliefs. It also confuses me how in one faith he is the Son of God, and in another he is God.
In my opinion, all these are pointless arguments at this time.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
good points,

but surely someone in a tomb as such with so many artifacts found in israel isnt going to be a common peasant.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hi There,

Ok. Here's a whimsical theory for you. Suppose hidden agencies have a agenda to focus religious mindsets upon some figurehead of their choosing...a kind of bringing-about some quasi-messanic icon in flesh and blood? You start years earlier by acclimatising already established religious folklore to a new vista of the gospels - primarily Agnostic, and then some years later you make public that the Agnostic view is the correct view and that the bloodline is still extant today, and lo and behold, they wheel out onto the public stage a descendent of Jesus! Hmm, sounds anti-christic to me. Very new orderish!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm not saying that anyone has to believe like I believe, just that if your going to expend the energy to put your faith in something such as the davince code story, it's worth looking at the other side of the coin too.

Look, if it were true that jesus bones were found in this tomb then it stands to reason that the bible is not true concerning jesus asention into heaven, thats why it upsets the faith of many who believe. so trying to say that this could be helpful to the christian faith is a bit short sighted IMO.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I agree,
If it is somehow proved to be jesus's bones, it will be one of the best days for humanity.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

More davince code non-sense, I cant believe that people actually believe that this fable is somehow real, now their going to fabricate some evidence to cause even more people to buy the lie. Jesus body and bones are not on this earth. period.

You have voted the_sentinal for the Way Above Top Secret award.

I agree 100%

Jesus rose from the dead, and his bones are VERY much alive.

It surprises me how many people I meet who have opinions about Jesus, God and the Bible, yet when questioned on certain aspects of the Bible itself, 9 times out of 10 they confess they have never actually read the Bible, yet alone studied it.

Jesus Lives!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Im shocked that people could allow religion to completely blind them from common day reality.

Ive read the bible,

And its nothing more than peoples VERSIONS of events, chinese whispers if you will.

theres a lot better chance, that jesus died, like a normal human being.
no one has seen him since have they? people claim to of seen a vision of him, but never the blood and guts jesus supposidly alive.

You can have faith, and your religion,but youve atleast got to accept the REALISITC truth, that if jesus was a human being as everyone says, then he died like a human being, like every single other human being on this planet.
Just because you choose to believe he is magical, doesnt mean he escaped a mortal death like humans all wil lexperience.

There's a 50/50 chance that box has his bones in it.
50% - either it does
50% - either it DOESNT

But its a certainty that his bones are 'somewhere'

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I'll stick with the truth.

So i take you are 3000+ years old and seen jesus walk this very earth WITH YOUR OWN EYES ?. NO, like i though so its not really the "truth" is it, but rather your belief and opinion. Its funny how SOOOOOOOO many people confuse there beliefs with the "truth", just because its got you hook line and sinker does not make it a fact. Lets keep that word "truth" for things we can absolutely state are true.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Ive read the bible,

And its nothing more than peoples VERSIONS of events, chinese whispers if you will.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

actually it's called the inspiration of the holy spirit not chinese whispers if you will.

theres a lot better chance, that jesus died, like a normal human being. no one has seen him since have they? people claim to of seen a vision of him, but never the blood and guts jesus supposidly alive.

actually I have heard of some people claiming he has appeared to them, now of coarse this opens up a whole other can of worms. anyone can claim anything, whether you believe them or not, that is a different story. I believe that it is possible. Jesus appeared in the flesh to the disciples after his assent so yea I believe it could happen. the bible says "God is no respecter of persons" so if he appeared to them it's possible he could appear to a person today. IMO of coarse

You can have faith, and your religion,but youve atleast got to accept the REALISITC truth, that if jesus was a human being as everyone says, then he died like a human being, like every single other human being on this planet.

I'm sorry, but I dont have to accept that and neither do you. God made every man a free moral agent so that we can freely accept what we want to believe. so for you to say that I have to accept the "Realistic" truth well,
WHAT is real??? your truth or my truth, or Gods truth?? You see man says "seeing is believing" but God says "believe and you will see"

But its a certainty that his bones are 'somewhere'

Yes they are in heaven with flesh wrapped around them.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The soul goes to haeven, not the physical body
the physical body lays, decays and breaks down like the matter it is.
So there's more chance that his BONES are in the box, than floating in heaven.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

I'll stick with the truth.

So i take you are 3000+ years old and seen jesus walk this very earth WITH YOUR OWN EYES ?. NO, like i though so its not really the "truth" is it, but rather your belief and opinion. Its funny how SOOOOOOOO many people confuse there beliefs with the "truth", just because its got you hook line and sinker does not make it a fact. Lets keep that word "truth" for things we can absolutely state are true.

I'm not trying to preach at anyone here but Jesus himself said "I AM, the way, the "TRUTH", and the life. no man comes to the father but by me. no other man in history has ever claimed to be the TRUTH. Not muhammed not buddah or anyone else that I'm aware of, so when you say "Lets keep that word "truth" for things we can absolutely state are true" I think I have. I know my views are not politically correct and my point of view sets me at odds with the majority here at ATS but I can only say what I believe.....thats the truth!

[edit on 27-2-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Why is it that Christains totally do not understand Jesus? Too funny.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sentinel, are you a believer of science?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join