It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Creation & The Secret hits the mainstream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Reality Creation & The Secret hits the mainstream

Source Link: www.msnbc.msn.com

f you're a woman trying to lose weight, you had your choice of two pieces of advice last week. One, from the American Heart Association, was to eat more vegetables and exercise an hour a day. The other was from a woman named Rhonda Byrne. Based on what she calls the "law of attraction"—that thoughts, good or bad, "attract" more of whatever they're about—she writes: "If you see people who are overweight, do not observe them, but immediately switch your mind to the picture of you in your perfect body and feel it." So if you're having trouble giving up ice cream, maybe you could just cut back on "The Sopranos" instead.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.americanchronicle.com
www.prnewswire.com
www.roanoke.com
www.americanchronicle.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Does our mind make it all happen?
"The Secret"
The Secret - A movie
creating reality

[edit on 26-2-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I read about this today. The book sold 3.5 million copies so far. Wow!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I just borrowed this book from a friend. I had mixed feelings about it because I've had several people tell me about it and suggest that I read it but yet it has received bad reviews on Amazon.com. So I didn't want to purchase it, but when I saw that my friend had it, I jumped at the opportunity to check it out.

I'm just getting started but from what I've read so far... I'm impressed and intrigued. I think this is something to seriously explore.

The author encourages people to "think" about the positive things they want in their lives and stay focused on those things in order to bring them to reality. Focusing on negative thoughts brings those negative aspects to reality so you want to avoid doing that.

I did some quick reminiscing about the most positive things that have happened in my life and I can say for certain that during those times, I was always thinking very positive thoughts about what I wanted and did not let negative thoughts influence me.

So that leads me to believe there is something to it and now I'm very excited about finishing this book and putting this into daily practice. Right now is a critical point in my life because I just left the security of a full-time job in order to pursue my own business. I am VERY focused on succeeding!

According to the book, results usually happen within a few weeks so I plan to come back and give a full report soon.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
And as usual people will believe anything that seems to work for "others" just so the person itself do not have to spend any effort or work on their goals.

It doesn't work, diet and exercise is still the only way to lose weight, books are mean to be read not to do sweat with them . . . unless is a hot steamy story.

top topics

join