It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power: Gore Mansion Uses 20X Average Household Consumption

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Its amazing that after several people here have spelled it out for you guys, you still don't get the point.

Even if Al Gore did use all that energy himself and then some it still does not make the message that he his sending bad or false. Fact is and I guess it is just convenient for you guys to ignore is that he bought a old house and is having solar installed.

The fact is that many mansions are green for the simple fact that rich people can afford the initial investment into green technology that will pay for itself time and time again. Rich people aren't rich because they like to waste money. If anything you should be complaining that not enough research has gone into green technologies so that it is cheap enough to easily be adopted by all classes.

Arnold has been one of the most environmental-friendly governors in the US yet he still drives a Hummer. Should CA repeal their laws because of it, of course not.

Do you people not see how easily you are manipulated by the media? Is it not obvious that this article was designed to mislead and to empower the ignorant followers to fight the cause of rich oil men on the front lines.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun
And you are still cluelessly missing the point. He is the ex VICE PRESIDENT. He is going to have a huge house. He is going to have a LOT of people around him at all times. I will ask you this again as you keep avoiding it: HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU THINK USED THAT ENERGY AT THE GORE RESIDENCE?? I BET YOU A MILLION DOLLARS THAT IF YOU DIVIDE IT AMONGST THEM ALL, THEY WOULD USE LESS & PAY LESS THAN YOU.

If you're through screaming at me ...

I might be forced to agree with you IF you can show me the law or regulation that requires an ex-vice president to have a huge house and staff for the purpose of working on non-governmental issues - especially if they're so-called green issues.

Since no such law exists, I'll just remind you all that Gore lives like he does be cause he feels entitled, and for his convenience.

How's the renegotiation coming? Were you able to get yourself a small stipend for all the work you're doing here on Gore's behalf?

[edit on 2/28/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
In addition, I wish I had a nickel for all the times I've been personally bashed here by many posting on this thread for supporting Bush earlier in his term. You all liked to say, "How could I do such a thing after everything you've posted?"

Well, if you can drag yourselves to step back just a little from this issue, I'm positive that you'll find that the shoe is now on the other foot!
Now it's all of you "blindly" supporting/defending Gore (and others) in the face of all that's been posted to the contrary.

Ain't America grand?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

How's the renegotiation coming? Were you able to get yourself a small stipend for all the work you're doing here on Gore's behalf?

And exactly what are you gaining by continuing to push misleading information in a feeble attempt to taint Gore's message? I doubt any of us really care that much about Gore but we do care about truth and when the media puts out an intentionally misleading article with the intent of trying to mold public opinion against global warming, intelligent people must speak up and spell it out for you in hopes that rational thinking (that thing buried deep inside you) has a chance to shine.

Now it's all of you "blindly" supporting/defending Gore (and others) in the face of all that's been posted to the contrary.

Please enlighten us with facts contrary to global warming. We were smart enough to see right through Bush's obvious lies then and we smart enough to see through them now. You fell for Bush back then and now you are falling for his industry's pack of lies now. Doesn't seem like anything has changed to me.

If Dumbya was leading the cause of Global Warming I am guessing more than 30% of our country would approve of him but for obvious reasons, he isn't. Global Warming is not a political issue except in the United States where corporations run our government ruthlessly for their own profits.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Tainted]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If you're through screaming at me ...

I might be forced to agree with you IF you can show me the law or regulation that requires an ex-vice president to have a huge house and staff for the purpose of working on non-governmental issues.

Since no such law exists, I'll just remind you all that Gore lives like he does be cause he feels entitled, and for his convenience.

It wasn't screaming, it was put into caps in the hopes of you actually getting the point I was attempting to make. I never said there was a law that required ex vice presidents to have huge houses. What you fail to realize, is that Gore still works, a great deal at that. His stature and work requires a full time staff, an entourage if you will, to assist him in what he does. Most politicians have this.

Oh, and I work for free on this issue. You may find it hard to accept the fact that not everything is done for money in this world. Again, congrats for ignoring every point that has been made to counter this rediculous thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tainted
I doubt any of us really care that much about Gore but we do care about truth and when the media puts out an intentionally misleading article with the intent of trying to mold public opinion against global warming, intelligent people must speak up and spell it out for you in hopes that rational thinking (that thing buried deep inside you) has a chance to shine.

This is rich! You all lived every day for every misleading word put out by the media (simply because it favored your side) for the last 6 years. But NOW you have all of the sudden gained a conscience (that thing buried deep inside you), and what you now feel are misleading media stories (simply because you don't agree with them or they are unfavorable to your guy?) suddenly matter and need to be squelched (i.e. censored).

Here comes that "H" word again -----> Hypocrisy. Sad ...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hey, be careful how you speak about your next president. The Secret Service and the FBI does not condone badmouthing of super officials.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It wasn't screaming, it was put into caps in the hopes of you actually getting the point I was attempting to make.

No doubt then you're also one of the people that likes to yell when talking to non-English speakers in hopes it will help them get your point.

Hmmm. Do you also talk louder into the phone when on a long distance call to compensate for the distance?

(overheated)Earth to logan: Let me save you some effort and some potential health issues (stroke?) I'm sure we all get your point. And no amount of screaming from you will change the fact that I for one, just don't happen to agree with it. Last time I looked it was one of my rights. Or are you also advocating we go to a more north korean style of laws so that everyone always gets your point (and agrees with it)?

Hmmm. Could that be why those on the left love to cozy up to the communist-style dictatorships - because everyone would finally be forced to agree with them? So, now who is it that is wanting to compromise our freedoms?

***turns light on to see roaches scurrying for the nearest darkness ***

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

This is rich! You all lived every day for every misleading word put out by the media (simply because it favored your side) for the last 6 years.

Dude, are you serious?? What planet are you from?? The myth of a "liberal media" is dying. I think anyone with half a brain has figured that one out by now. I could go on for pages on this, but that is for another thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The myth of a "liberal media" is dying. I think anyone with half a brain has figured that one out by now. I could go on for pages on this, but that is for another thread.

Thats awsome. Its dying because the circulation of all major papers has dropped way off and the ratings for every news channel have dropped off just as much. The myth is dying because nobodys buying into it anymore.

But dont worry. Here comes the myth of "right-wing" media bias.

Watch, though. This myth will be touted as real and damning of the left.
But "left-wing" bias will still just be remembered as a myth, nothing more.

Im sorry this is all off of the main topic but I couldnt resist.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Dude, are you serious?? What planet are you from?? The myth of a "liberal media" is dying. I think anyone with half a brain has figured that one out by now. I could go on for pages on this, but that is for another thread.

(overheated) earth.

Dude, the "myth" only apprears to be dying from your perspective. Your side won the last elections (for all the good it has done anyone). The media is mostly happy with what happened. You're happy with what happened. Now if some of the media could just be forced to quit pointing out your side's mistakes, happy days would truly be here again.

Now, about Gore's obscene usage of energy while pushing his green agenda ...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Centurian is a true believer and even if Jesus came down and spelled things out for him in no uncertain terms, he still wouldn't believe it.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Centurian is a true believer and even if Jesus came down and spelled things out for him in no uncertain terms, he still wouldn't believe it.

Back to personal comments/insults, I see? Simply a sign that your arguments are logically (and many other ways) bankrupt.

Do you have anything more of value to add to this discussion? If not, you might want to proceed to the next thread (battle) where the survival of the motherland is at stake.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here is another article where Gore attemp to respond to criticism of his obscene energy usage - 191 megawatt/hours last year according to the utility quoted in the article.

New article

The Gores used about 191,000 kilowatt hours in 2006, according to bills reviewed by The Associated Press. The typical Nashville household uses about 15,600 kilowatt-hours per year.

Kreider said Gore purchases enough energy from renewable energy sources such as solar, wind and methane gas to balance 100 percent of his electricity costs.

So, does that mean Gore's house actually uses 191,000 KW/H X 2 = 382,000 KW/H of electricity per year when you factor in the green power he claims to purchase? And I wonder where Gore is getting the methane gas?

Gore, who also owns a home in the Washington area, has said he leads a "carbon-neutral lifestyle." To balance out other carbon emissions, the Gores invest money in projects to reduce energy consumption, Kreider said.

Yes, Gore invests money in projects to reduce energy consumption by the rest of us while he continues on with his grand and elitist lifestyle.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
people are honestly focusing on the wrong thing,
it doesnt matter what he is doing, its what we need to do ourselves.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Back to personal comments/insults, I see? Simply a sign that your arguments are logically (and many other ways) bankrupt.

Do you have anything more of value to add to this discussion? If not, you might want to proceed to the next thread (battle) where the survival of the motherland is at stake.

So you are not a true believer and are only debating this for nothing better to do?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Let's deal with the topic please and leave the personal junk out of this.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by norbin
people are honestly focusing on the wrong thing,
it doesnt matter what he is doing, its what we need to do ourselves.

So, you also have no problems with priests that break the 10 commandments, doctors that break medical ethics rules, and police who break the law?

The issue here is the same for all of the above. People that set themselves above us and demand that we follow them must also adhere to a higher standard to deserve our attention and trust.

I live my life the best way I can. Hopefully, we all live our lives the best way we can. Now, if Gore or anyone else comes along and tells me that I have to change my life, then I expect them to be willing to make the same sacrifices they are demanding of me.

This thread is about Gore, who is demanding our sacrifice without making any of his own. That's the hypocrisy we've been talking about.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

excellent response Logan right on the money... averages are based on well, averages. You take 100 people and 50 of them pay $25 electric, 25 pay $30 and 40 pay $40 and 10 pay $50, then you add it all together and divide it by the number of people to get the average but that does not reflect the exceptional individual either way asa in those who pay less or those who pay more.

Except Mr Gore's annual electrical bill totalled $30,000 dollars. That's a hefty amount. When a 2200 sq ft house can be heated in winter and cooled during summer weather of 100-105 degrees for $2500 a year it shows that his "carbon footprint" is a little out of whack.

He should expect this type of criticism after pushing the evils of man made pollution and telling people to try to scale back on their uses while he consumes at least 10 times what most of us do.

It'd be like a supposed vegan lecturing on the evils of meat consumption and the horrible treatment of animals, the better use of land, etc; and then seeing them sit down to a steak dinner. People should be held to their own stated values. If he truly believed in his rhetoric he would practice what he preaches.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
very well then how many square feet is his place then?

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join