It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power: Gore Mansion Uses 20X Average Household Consumption

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Jerry foulwell is a big fat idiot...I am embarrassed that he is from Virginia. To add insult to injury Pat Robertson is here too.

There is also a far more reasonable and intelligent branch of the evangelic movement that is beginning to tackle environmental issues. That is good, in the 19th century before all this rapture nonsense was cooked up by john Nelson Darby the evangelic movement was involved in social betterment... the anti-slavery movement came out of that as did the push for public education and womens sufferage among other things. They were progressive conservatives working to build that much tauted city on the hill. Not these damn fool televangelics and mega church pastors out to garner as much attention and money for themselves that they can.

Learn to spell grover, must have gone to public school eh? BTW Numerous articles and non-government scientists have refuted the Stern study that shows exponential temperature changes. The globe has heated up by 1 degree in the past century, this shows no proof that it is tied to mans industrial production. American factories in fact contribute very little. China, India and other developing countries pollute more and do so freely without criticism.

The reder the area the more pollution...last time I checked the winds do not shift east to west. Try to refute that, with data and a credible source logan and grover, stop attacking the messenger. Also here's the updated drudge source.

"Nashville Electric Service/Gore House

High 22619 kWh Aug – Sept
Low 12541 kWh Jan - Feb
Average: 18,414 kWh per month

High 20532 Sept - October
Low 12955 Feb - March
Average: 16,200 kWh per month

Bill amounts

2006 – $895.60 (low) $1738.52 (high) $1359 (average)
2005 – $853.91 (low) $1461 (high)

Nashville Gas Company

Main House
2006 – $990(high) $170 (low) $536 (average)
2005 – $1080 (high) $200 (low) $640 (average)

Guest House/Pool House

2006 – $820 (high) $70 (low) $544 (average)
2005 – $1025 (high) $25 (low) $525 (average) "

He's a credible journalist who broke one of the biggest stories of our time, the Lewinskygate scandal. He's also respected by men like Bob Woodward, why not attack him? Because Woodward is a great journalist who has good taste. Back up your arguments with facts minus the opinions that are unsupported.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If you are talking about my spelling of foulwell I know exactly how it is spelled, falwell, but I prefer my version.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825

The reder the area the more pollution...last time I checked the winds do not shift east to west. Try to refute that, with data and a credible source logan and grover, stop attacking the messenger. Also here's the updated drudge source.

"Nashville Electric Service/Gore House

High 22619 kWh Aug – Sept
Low 12541 kWh Jan - Feb
Average: 18,414 kWh per month

High 20532 Sept - October
Low 12955 Feb - March
Average: 16,200 kWh per month

Bill amounts

2006 – $895.60 (low) $1738.52 (high) $1359 (average)
2005 – $853.91 (low) $1461 (high)

Nashville Gas Company

Main House
2006 – $990(high) $170 (low) $536 (average)
2005 – $1080 (high) $200 (low) $640 (average)

Guest House/Pool House

2006 – $820 (high) $70 (low) $544 (average)
2005 – $1025 (high) $25 (low) $525 (average) "

He's a credible journalist who broke one of the biggest stories of our time, the Lewinskygate scandal. He's also respected by men like Bob Woodward, why not attack him? Because Woodward is a great journalist who has good taste. Back up your arguments with facts minus the opinions that are unsupported.

Your link does nothing to either lend evidence nor dispute global warming and mans effects. You, like so many others on this topic, are only looking at a small slice.

That being said, who the hell cares about spelling? That is a low blow, and it shows how really little ammo you have. I wonder if someone will do another piece on this Gore issue. I wonder if you divide the energy usage amongst ALL PEOPLE AT THE GORE HOUSEHOLD - this includes workers, staff members, guests and family members - if you would really be that much higher than the "average" american family...

I live in an 1100sf house with 2 other adults. Our energy useage is less than that at my moms house - she lives solo in a 2600sf house. Basically, the bigger the house, the bigger the energy costs. I wonder if 20+ people contributed to the energy useage at the Gore residence. I think 20 is a conservative estimate. If you compared THOSE figures to the "average american" I bet your results would be WAY different. Buy I bet good money not a person will touch on this little point.

On the topic of the reporter - he broke the Monica Lewinsky scandal and THAT is why I should respect him????

He is that much more of a putz then, thanks! Oh, by the way, Falwell IS a big fat idiot. He embodies EVERYTHING that is wrong with Christianity today.

As far as your stating "Numerous articles and non-government scientists have refuted the Stern study", who cares? None of those articles or scientists are CREDIBLE, or if they are they are a minority amongst their peers and aren't in the general scientific consensus on the issue. If you would care to post links to support your theory I would be very interested to see them.

Also, please post a link that supports your 1 degree temp increase globally over the last century, PLEASE post a link.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

....Are you honestly comparing a former Vice President with an average person in regard to their energy usage?

Clearly, Mr. Gore is a below average person who is dupliticious. Comparing him with average people would be a fool's errand.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
If you are talking about my spelling of foulwell I know exactly how it is spelled, falwell, but I prefer my version.

As do I. I really hate that idiot. People like him and alot of his followers are everything that is wrong with this country today. I dont mind Christians (as myself am one to one degree or another), but I DO mind these whackjobs who get on TV and rally a cause under the banner of God when if you look beneath the surface, you just see another scam to make some money off of gullible people....sad....

I have sat too quiet for too long on this forum (since 2004) and let things go unchallenged. I am making it my personal mission on ATS to attack any ignorant post - ESPECIALLY if they are completely devoid of fact or reality.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by raggedhole

....Are you honestly comparing a former Vice President with an average person in regard to their energy usage?

Clearly, Mr. Gore is a below average person who is dupliticious. Comparing him with average people would be a fool's errand.

The question still stands. You are all saying Gore himself used ALL of the energy, not the staff, workers, guests, family, and everyone else? Anyone who uses this line of thinking is obviously out of touch with reality, or they are desperate to make a point. Either way, I am tired of contributing points to the author of this thread. Believe what ever you will, I will side with the worlds climate experts. The nay sayers are a dying breed, they are clawing at anyting and everything they can to still try and save face. Is this honestly the best you got?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
He bought an old house, and is currently installing Solar Panels. So quick to judge, not your fault entirely, the story is misleading.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
And...?

Let me make this clear.

If I said rape it bad and raped someone, it doesn't mean rape is good.
If I say murder is bad and I murder someone, it doesn't mean murder is good.

Just because he himself does not do it does not make his point any less valid. Does that make it nice and simple for you guys or instead of us looking at the problem of Global Warming and how to combat it we instead focus on Gore? That'll solve the problem because when Gore goes away so does Global Warming.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Cite the source of installing solar panels, also logan stop following grover and assuming that I support the right wing. You have attacked the source with opinion and not data. You assume that because he has a staff and servants that that justifies having a 20,000k bill. Come up with data to back up your argument. Last time I checked it was not Grover PhD.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
And...?

Let me make this clear.

Just because he himself does not do it does not make his point any less valid. Does that make it nice and simple for you guys or instead of us looking at the problem of Global Warming and how to combat it we instead focus on Gore? That'll solve the problem because when Gore goes away so does Global Warming.

I agree with your logic along the lines of making a point. I just think it should be clarified that Gore does practice what he preaches, this thread (and the supporting articles) has just cooked the numbers to make it appear otherwise.

Sad thing is, I dont know of one single person who has placed the cause of Global Warming squarely on mans shoulders - yet that is what some people attempt to say to promote their agenda.

You bring up a very good point. There are threads about global warming. This thread is but an attempt to divert energy and resources away from a real issue, typical low blow tactics if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

stop following grover and assuming that I support the right wing .

if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck........

BTW I don't know what hair you have got across your ass about me but just can it alright.... probably still P off because I said your logic was sloppy or some such petty crap.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Cite the source of installing solar panels, also logan stop following grover and assuming that I support the right wing.

First off, I dont follow anyone. Just because Grover & I happen to agree on this doesn't make me a "follower" of him.

Second, you wanted a link, here is a link.

Ugg, fox news

from source article
Kreider said the 60- to 70-year-old house is undergoing renovations to add solar panels to reduce consumption off the power grid, and energy-efficient windows have been installed. The home also uses "compact" fluorescent light bulbs and other energy-saving technology, the Gores drive hybrids and participate in two programs that indirectly reduce carbon emissions.

Dude, you made a cheap shot at Grover over his spelling. Based on your response to his comments about Falwell, I assumed you were a supporter of the right - my bad if I was wrong.

You assume that because he has a staff and servants that that justifies having a 20,000k bill.

Dude, dont put words into my mouth. Did Gore himself use all of that himself? Let me explain as you obviously missed my point.

Lets say the "average" american household (as the article touts) has 2.7 people - unless someone can post some more concrete numbers...
If 2.7 people in a month use Xamount of energy, wouldn't it be safe to say that a group of 27+ people will most likely use 10 times that amount - especially if the house is large enough to accomodate them? I think it is very safe to say that there are large groups of people at the Gore residence at all times - he is the former Vice President for petes sake. You are making it out that Gore himself is using all that power.
I am not saying that just because he has servents and such it justifies it, I am saying that all of those people are using that power. If you divided it down based on a per person usage, I bet those numbers wouldn't be nearly what Drudge claims them to be.

I am interested to see if someone will research this for better numbers. I know I will when I get home, I cant do a ton of researching at my desk.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
And...?

If you did all those things you'd be a hypocrite - as Gore is. You'd just be way more violent than Gore is.

Just because he himself does not do it does not make his point any less valid.

If Gore says we have to believe his every word or the planet earth will be destroyed and then doesn't do anything about it in his own personal life (when he surely has the means to act), then it surely allows us to question the validity of Gore's preaching.

Regarding some of the other previous posts,
Can't think of anything to say to refute this post so all you can come up with is to shoot the messenger by saying Drudge is worthless. (overheated)Earth to the lot of you: Drudge is only a news conduit. That means he only passes the news on. He doesn't make the news. He doesn't edit the news. He just posts the URLs from other reputable news organizations - such as ABC News in this case.

Now as far as what Gore is planning to install at his house or not, a (rich) prudent person would have made his house green before stepping up on the global warming soapbox. The simple reason for doing so is to avoid the appearance of hypocrisy by showing that you preach what you practice.

So, Gore had the opportunity and means to do this right, but failed miserably (again).

If Gore's next project was as a spokeman for eating healthy - well, I'm sure you all get that analogy ...

What's to defend here?

[edit on 2/27/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
CAConrad0825, you do realize that your posts are bing read by people that forgot more about everything than you will ever know right?

Since you do not post facts and the facts you cite are either false, misleading, or unverifiable I would like to ask you what your opinion is on why global warming threatens you to the point that you refuse to actually educate yourself on the subject? In a matter of 30 minutes of honest research on the topic, you could bring yourself up to speed on the topic but instead you choose to seek refuge in the comfort of right-wing talking points.

Do you have a stake in an industry that pollutes or are you afraid that if one piece of the right-wing wall of deception falls that the rest will come tumbling down and your world-view would forever be tarnished?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What do you think the energy consumption at say..... hue hefners mansion is. Maybe let's go with paris hiltons house. jessica simpson. oh even better one of the reality t.v. shows house bills like ultimate fighter, or freakhouse. what do you think. They probably put gores bill to shame when properly figured out by kwh per person

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tainted
CAConrad0825, you do realize that your posts are bing read by people that forgot more about everything than you will ever know right?

He's a self absorbed boy of 21, thinks how he views the world is IT and gets PD off if you contradict him.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I do not view the world as a selfaborbed person but use common sense, logic, economics and actual sources to base my opinions.

Also I can support my opinions with things other than "Right Wing Propoganda" claims, Yellow Dog Liberal slander, or any other attacks at a user. Please review the user agreement for ATS, or better yet let me introduce you to something called Secondary Sources:

1) Be polite. Above all, we take pride in the fact that AboveTopSecret.com is renowned as a destination for civil and polite discussion of nearly anything. Treat your fellow ATS members with respect, and your time here will be rewarding.

4) Try and spell-check and get your gramma/syntax correct. Very often, your credibility will be judged by how well you present your thoughts as a well-written post.

1g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while posting outside the Politics forums at politics.abovetopsecret.com....

Please refrain from further taunts or jeers about my age or politics or I will take further action than running your unsupported opinions down to dust. And this is not a physical threat, this means I will ask Mods or Admins to take a position on this case. Please Grover and Logan, stop with the UNATS like behavior and discuss the issue at hand, Gore and his actions surrounding Global Warming.

Further more the original article was from ABC News, a very credible news source, not just Mr. Drudge.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by CAConrad0825]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
OOOOHHHHH........ thin skinned.

Why don't you be an adult then and take your lumps like everyone else on here including myself and stop threatening to run off crying to the mods. If that gets me a warning so be it.

You have been quite insulting yourself so you don't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Please Grover and Logan, stop with the UNATS like behavior and discuss the issue at hand, Gore and his actions surrounding Global Warming.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by CAConrad0825]

I have read the Drudge article, the abc article and the fox article. I think they are all mis leading. I have not at one time behaved in an un ats like mannor. Everything that I have posted in this thread has been blatently ignored as it doesn't help your cause. I disagree with all of your points, and posted counter points in return. You cut and paste one sentence out of my posts and take them out of context. THAT is un ats like. I have never once made a jab at you about your age. I already pointed out that I may have been mistaken about your political affiliation, what more do you want?

Just because I find your logic, and the logic of this thread, flawed, doesn't make me un ats like.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickesists
What do you think the energy consumption at say..... hue hefners mansion is. Maybe let's go with paris hiltons house. jessica simpson. oh even better one of the reality t.v. shows house bills like ultimate fighter, or freakhouse. what do you think. They probably put gores bill to shame when properly figured out by kwh per person.

Thing is they don't go around preaching about how bad global warming is and about how ignorant and deceitful people are doing nothing to help solve it while at the same time consuming energy at ridicules levels and making the problems worse. Al Gore is being hypocritical and deceitful, not saying he does not have a point just saying that if he cares about the issue as much as he claims he does it would be nice if his actions reflected that. After all actions do speak louder than words right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join