It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it true, we found the holy grail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

The Canadian filmmaker will unveil three coffins he claims were those of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene at a press conference in New York today, Time magazine's website reported.

It said that Cameron and colleague Simcha Jacobovici used evidence from DNA tests, archeological surveys and biblical studies, to attempt to show that 10 stone coffins discovered in a Jerusalem suburb in 1980 by Israeli construction workers belonged to Jesus and his family.

Could it be? have we found the holy grail?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
NO ...Jesus was ressurrected THERE are no remains.......He's been watchin too much Da vinci code (fiction)

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
ermmm. Im sure your post was in satire but just to be sure, you do know what the holy grail is right?

As for the tombs, I think these have already been pretty much blown out of the water as fakes, or at least not the real burial site.

As somone else said, jesus's tomb now has a church on top of it called the "church of the holy seprechre"

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
kuhl
Out of curiosity, are you a stirn religous type?

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
As for the tombs, I think these have already been pretty much blown out of the water as fakes, or at least not the real burial site.

um, and why would you say that?
i haven't seen a single report stating otherwise
now, i'm not saying they are true, but i'm not saying they've been proven to be false

As somone else said, jesus's tomb now has a church on top of it called the "church of the holy seprechre"

yet they have no evidence to back up their claim other than tradition

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
NO ...Jesus was ressurrected THERE are no remains.......He's been watchin too much Da vinci code (fiction)

LOL! The Da Vinci Code is as much based on facts as the part in the bible whereas Jesus "resurrected."

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I do believe Kuhl was more or less joking with that.

By holy grail, I assume you mean evidence of what happened to
Jesus, rather than the actualy physical object.

I personally think it is interesting, and is very plausable.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Is the hypothesis valid? I don't know.

I do know i have been shocked at the level of prejudgement thats going on at the moment.

Refuteing someones arguement before hearing their evidence, and then spending sometime to assess it's validity. Is at best a childish mindset and not conjusive to progress.

Thats why i don't know yet.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I believe that anyone finding remains of anyone from that time period will believe that they have found the remains of Jesus Christ... that's just how stupid our human race is.

The real degrading part of this is that he's a Canadian... most Canadians have more sense than to go around shouting religious crap... you should know better... you're ****ing Canadian.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I read somewhere that documents were found that kind of suggested that Jesus and his son had died at Massada. ain't got time for find much online now. but was wondering just how far away from Massada this grave is, since not many survived the Roman onslaught there so I doubt if they would have carried the bodies far for burial. The DaVinci code by the way didn't run on the theory that the Holly Grail was Jesus' body, but rather, the gravesite of Mary, his wife, evidence that there was a marriage, and more importantly, the bloodline as it would be traced down to today. Even today, if there is members within this bloodline alive, I am sure that the Catholic Church would be very interested in finding them...thus the centuries old search for the Holy Grail. Look at the reaction from the faithful at just the thought of finding the graves.....consider what the reaction would be if the decendents were found. Not to mention Isreal's reaction.

I would love to hear the explanation as to how dna tests would prove much though. Do was have a sample of christ's dna?

top topics

join