It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Taken"...any of it based on fact in your opinion??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
One of the greatest Television series that I have had the pleasure of viewing was, :Taken". I am fascinated by technology, whatever it is and wherever it may come from, as well as the thought of other life forms out there. The series was very well written in my humble opinion but was wondering if anybody thinks that some of those ideas and technologies were based on facts and true events??? Maybe somebody got ahold of some information and sort of spuin it into the story to, "Leak it out"!?

There is the old saying, "Truth is starnger than fiction" and I just think that if it is able to be thought up in Hollywood that maybe there is some semblance of reality in it??

Anyway, I can't wait to hear the responses on this, as I am sure there are a great many fans on ATS of the very same series!

Peace as always, Mondogiwa

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
For myself I could not resonate anything with the series really.

At the end and they did the big deal about the tracking device up the nose I thought they don't know nothin" honey.

I wasn't impressed.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
NO (note to mods warn me if you think it's apt...but c'mon)

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Kuhl,

Thank you very much for your thoughts, not sure I understood your note after the, "No" however??

You see, everybody cannot write what everybody likes, but I am trying to ascertain any correlation that may be deduced from what secret (Black) projects there may be and what the general civilian can find out. It is a very staright forward question really, and there is abviously no obligation to respond or even read a post that you don't want to!

I am writing this in response to what I am perceiving as a rather huff and gruff response that you gave, if I am incorrect..please accept my apology.

Until later, I appreciate your time, courtesy, and understanding..Peace, Mondo

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Based on fact? That's hard to say, but I think we can all agree that they did their research.

First I think it was smart that they had one writer do the whole mini-series, so you have one consistant voice and point of view.

They dipped into roswell/recovery, back engineering, psychic phenomena involved with the technology, polymorphic aliens during the abduction process, missing time, walking through walls, breeding programs and of course the tight government cabals/families involved. These are all steeped throughout abduction/alien literature. So while maybe not "fact" they did pull from well known and for lack of a better term solid mythology

It even touched on the more obscure aspects such as the fact that the aliens may be interdimensional.

I personally found most of Taken very enjoyable...some of the episodes were a little slow and I'll be honest I had some problems with the final episode but yeah I thought it was very good and very smartly done.

Though I have to admit I enjoyed "The Lost Room" more...nothing alike but man I thought that was really good.

SPiderj

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa

There is the old saying, "Truth is starnger than fiction" and I just think that if it is able to be thought up in Hollywood that maybe there is some semblance of reality in it??

Perhaps the truth is stranger than fiction, and perhaps it is "fiction" which provides the medium necessary for providing people with a basis for comparison when "the truth" comes out.

In this case, perhaps science fiction is providing the means necessary for integrating new knowledge into society's collective consciousness?

After All, everything that is percieved as science FACT today, was first percieved as science FICTION.

Science Fiction acts as a catalyst for asking the questions that have not been asked before.

Science itself is nothing more than a series of corrected mistakes and upgraded knowledge based in whole upon .... (dare i say it) the questions raised by .... science fiction???

Science can not take us from the known to the unknown without venturing out into the realms of the unknown ... the realms of science fiction .....

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Science itself is nothing more than a series of corrected mistakes and upgraded knowledge based in whole upon .... (dare i say it) the questions raised by .... science fiction???

Science can not take us from the known to the unknown without venturing out into the realms of the unknown ... the realms of science fiction .....

Very well said, thanks! I appreciate your outlook on this issue and would have to agree with you completely.

I just have to write that down though, much more clear and concise than I could say it!

Peace, cheers, and Thanks...Mondo

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa

"Taken"...any of it based on fact in your opinion??

In my opinion? Yes, i believe so. There must be some truth in it. Perhaps not in whole, but at least in part .... perhaps based upon some "protected" or secret knowledge.

The series was very well written in my humble opinion but was wondering if anybody thinks that some of those ideas and technologies were based on facts and true events???

On facts and true events???

Perhaps in part. But, admittedly i do not discount the possibility that the storyline, and aspects of it may be some sort of disclosure adaptation designed to meet the needs of the people.

I guess it could be true, but it may be a stretch.

Maybe somebody got ahold of some information and sort of spuin it into the story to, "Leak it out"!?

Or there is no leak, and it is a deliberate action. "taken", "the 4400", "heros", etc ...

There seems to be a few shows coming out in the past few years with similiar storylines, and parallel writing styles. At least it seems this way to me.

top topics

join