It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News Reports Building 7 collapse 23 Minutes before it collapses.

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I was just curious is all if you could see the actual time on the tape. And if you use his wrist watch you can.

this matched up with what the time layout that came from the Archives as well as the BBC top of the hour tone.

Just something I was interested in.

Doesn't matter to me if it was 5 minutes or not.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Tom, I can see better than that I my video.

Try looking around and looking at better quality ones.

I just simply used Corel PSP X to capture mine.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
BTW Tom what time did you capture that at.

I can't see the 10 hand at all in that capture. in fact your drawn in hands would be 2:15 wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Identified
Wouldn't you say you "We weren't told"? I just think that sound silly. Just my opinion.

"We weren't told" sounds better, but "We didn't get told" is still proper English.

Sounds funky to me. I would have thought a reporter would be more careful with the way they speak.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
all you have to do is press print screen and then paste in the program.

i think the video i have is bad quality. im looking for a better one

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i just cant get anything from that even with video remastering software

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Identified
Sounds funky to me. I would have thought a reporter would be more careful with the way they speak.

I realize it sounds funny and I agree. It almost sounds improper. But "I've not gotten..." sounds funny, too but is perfectly sound English.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ok Please forgive me if this has been posted, but I came across a New York Times article(1989) that says that WTC7 underwent a 200 Million dollar renovation where floors were cut out and reinforced etc.

"According to many real estate experts, no company has ever made such extensive alterations to a new office building in Manhattan".

''We built in enough redundancy to allow entire portions of floors to be removed without affecting the building's structural integrity, on the assumption that someone might need double-height floors,'' said Larry Silverstein, president of the company. ''Sure enough, Salomon had that need.

query.nytimes.com...

Please people with screen capture software do you work as we would not want this to miraculously disappear as well.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Chicagofreedomfighter]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
all you have to do is press print screen and then paste in the program.

i think the video i have is bad quality. im looking for a better one

Oh I wouldn't use the print screen function. I just don't usually use those. I tend to like to isolate my capture.

If you have a way to do a stream capture then capture the stream then put it into a video player. anything like real player or window media player will do. Then do a capture.

but I do think I gave you a bad quality one since it was just teh first on youtube I found. I am trying to figure out where mine came from. Hold on.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

i just cant get anything from that even with video remastering software

I agree. That isn't a good quality one.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicagofreedomfighter
Ok Please forgive me if this has been posted, but I came across a New York Times article that says that WTC7 underwent a 200 Million dollar renovation where floors were cut out and reinforced etc.

query.nytimes.com...

Please people with screen capture software do you work as we would not want this to miraculously disappear as well.

I think one of the reports eithe FEMA or NIST talks about how much was altered in the WTC 7. Like I think there was some fire retardent removed from some of the floors to make room for electrical or something like that. So yes, in some ways it was strengthened but in other ways what was done to it didn't help the situation on 9/11.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Try this one.

It seems to be a better quality.

And don't mind the title :-)

I still don't remember where I got mine. It was from one of the earlier links in this thread.

youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If Jane had been shot from just a little more lower we might would have gotten some nice shots of her watch. Without going frame by frame I can't tell if for a split second she does get hers in at the end.

But it doesn't matter unless you really care if this is all matching.

BTW Jane's watch you would think would be set to NYC Time for anyone who is going to look.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
yeh that's about the same quality. in terms of seeing the watch without zooming that's about as good as you going to get it i this case , unless much better footage comes to light. you cant really Polish a turd if you know what i mean.

if i was to try and make the image better quality you get into the realms of regenerating much of the lost quality and that just cant be used as evidence

good find tho.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Why are people still banging on about the time stamps. The BBC has admitted (if you can call it that), that they made a mistake in the 'heat of the moment".

IMHO the important question is who was their source of information regarding the collapse.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Tom,

This might be the problem...

I tried looking at it from youtube using the pause button and I can't get any sort of frame to frame advance going that way. Maybe that is the issue here. Somehow you either need to get it spot on or you will need to frame advance. The pause play feature seems to jump around a lot on youtube.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

yeh that's about the same quality. in terms of seeing the watch without zooming that's about as good as you going to get it i this case , unless much better footage comes to light. you cant really Polish a turd if you know what i mean.

if i was to try and make the image better quality you get into the realms of regenerating much of the lost quality and that just cant be used as evidence

good find tho.

It isn't like I was interested in getting this into a court room. I was just trying to give some info that the time can be further verified if someone was interested.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Why are people still banging on about the time stamps. The BBC has admitted (if you can call it that), that they made a mistake in the 'heat of the moment".

Because there will always be someone somewhere who wants just one more piece of "evidence" and because I was just curious is why.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think I have exhausted all the relevant data you can get out of this one video.

So until someone can come up with something more.

See ya!

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join