It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Data Shows U.S. Greener than EU

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
And as far as emissions go, why doesnt someone get on chinas rear about their emissions?

Why? Have you checked where most of things you own are made in? Like your computer? Printer? Camera? Television? DVD-player? MP3-player? Transformers? Shoes? Clothes? Basicly Everything? Yep - MADE IN CHINA. Sadly the entire world is buying chinese products and contributing to the pollution, which comes from China. And if you say "Lets Boycott Chinese Products" today, I really do not know, what is going to remain in your home.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
And if you say "Lets Boycott Chinese Products" today, I really do not know, what is going to remain in your home.

Junkfood.

I thought that after reading your post, looked around my office and the only thing made in the USA was a bag of Bugle snacks! They are tasty though! If the Chinese made them they would be Chinese food and be healthy.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The United States has spent more than any other country on research and technologies to reduce emissions[...]
the U.S. rate of growth in carbon dioxide emissions from 2000 to 2004 was eight percentage points lower than from 1995 to 2000[...]The original 15 nations of the European Union increased emissions by 2.3 percentage points[...]From 2000 to 2004, greenhouse gas emissions from the EU countries grew at nearly double the U.S. rate

And that with 'the equivalent of adding Italy to the economy and more than Greece to the population. Interesting way to phrase things.

Originally posted by northwolf
that US is now using the same systems that were in place of european factories etc much earlier,

This is a good point. Hadn't considered that.

But the numbers above do seem rather interesting regardless.

edit: i had originally written that the US was the biggest emiter of greenhouse gases, but apparently china is, and they apparently are also one of the less restrained nations on these emission.

Perhaps, if the EU has 'hit a limit' on its reductions, and the US has made big reduction (even if they are considered 'intial', and I don't know that they really are), then China should be the big international target right now, being the biggest emiter, and the one where the least effort will give the most results.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Demented nationalist catcalls from all sides notwithstanding, the US took an early lead on antipollution measures, especially automotive emissions, back in the late 1960's IIRC.

In recent years Europe has caught up and in fact exceeded US emissions targets, however, it wouldn't shock me much that there was a lag between actions and results.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join