It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 years ago today we were warned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Fourteen years ago, terror struck the heart of NYC when terrorists attempted to blow up the WTC. Shortly after noon, a blast occured that killed 6 and injured more than 1000. Cyanide gas that was placed in the truck burned rather than disperse, in effect saving the lifes of 1000's of people.

link to article

Omar Abdel-Rahman was sentenced to life for his role in the bombing. In 1998, Ramzi Yousef was convicted of "seditious conspiracy" to bomb the towers. Then in 2001 they got it right.

WTC bombing

The lessons that were supposedly learned that day were not worked upon soon enough, and 9/11 occured. Our country was not ready, and in all it's ego could never imagine a direct attack on our nation. The brave men and women of the FDNY, NYPD and PA used the resources available, not the ones asked for after the 93 bombing, and it is a miracle that we did not lose more than we did.

93, 01 and ???? It will happen, it is jsut a matter of when we, as a country, again become complacent to the threat. Today, say a prayer for the 6 who lost their lives, and their families.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

The lessons that were supposedly learned that day were not worked upon soon enough, and 9/11 occured.

Our country was not ready, and in all it's ego could never imagine a direct attack on our nation.

or it could be that the 'lesson learned' was that the US intel agencies had definite proof that groups/cells of saboteurs...most likely associated with the armed & militant mujahadeen or radical Islamists...were a force to be reckoned with in the USA homeland for an indefinite future!

the country was ready & aware...but the intel agencies got played & befuddled by the wide network of Middle Eastern men the
Intel agencies 'brought under their wing'.

all the counter-intel, FBI, CIA, and Bin Laden squads, and other covert
squads were assigned to track, and follow these 'interns' of middle-eastern origin who were given reasonable free-reign and a stipend to become instructors, translators, even flight school students, begun in Phoenix AZ, then extending nationwide.

the idea being that the intel agencies were fostering westernized moral decay among the 'interns/trainees' and developing future 'assets' to spy & inform on other 'cells' of anti-american terrorists from the Islamic world.

but the intel agencies plan of tracking the growing network of middle eastern men soon became to huge to manage the umteen special units which were trying to track and indentify the movements and contacts of their 'subjects', many who were known to be decidedly anti-american zealots...but allowed to roam freely because of the 'valuable information' which would be gained from the cloak-&-dagger exercises.

your second sentence, could be handily countered if one would just outline the history that is appropos to 9/11....
such as this link to an excellent article;
'Reasons to Doubt the Official Story about the 9/11 Attacks'
www.opednews.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thank you for the reading. Let me expand on what I said. A person can taunt, and you can be aware, but you may not know when it is to happen. Likea bully. Eventually you do not hear anything and you think, maybe they are gone..or maybe we lost contact. In my opinion, lack of interdepartmental awareness was as much to blame as anything. As it was stated during the hearings, US intelligence failed our country.

I read the 9/11 comission report and I did not come away with a feeling of vindication or relief. If anything it was scary how our country was still not ready and thought it truly was the biggest monkey in the jungle, and had a handle on it. Think what you may, but it is still a cowboy military with a mindset that no one would dare attack the US. However, someone did and we are in a different world.

My point to this is that in 93 we should have fortified the US at that point. Why should we not have coastal defense sites around major cities. There should have been changes, but there were not, and we feel into complacency again. Al qeada was attacking spots around the globe, not coming to our shores. Again, the intelligence agencies failed us.

It is only a matter of time till the first radical islamist suicide bombing in the US. 14 years is a long time to get to nowhere but a dead end war in Iraq, an nuclear Iran and the evidence that the Cold War never ended.

I mean, what did the government actually gain from 9/11?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I mean, what did the government actually gain from 9/11?

I think this thread answers your question.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

[...]

There should have been changes, but there were not, and we feel into complacency again. Al qeada was attacking spots around the globe, not coming to our shores. Again, the intelligence agencies failed us.

It is only a matter of time till the first radical islamist suicide bombing in the US. 14 years is a long time to get to nowhere but a dead end war in Iraq, ...

1st, i'm with you on the US Intels & 2 different administrations hubris,
in deliberately turning their backs on the rising sabotage operations against American interests.

Here's where we have different viewpoints...when you write
"There should have been changes, but there were not,
and we fell into complacency again"

...i see it as there were changes made...intel agencies (CIA, FBI, etc)
made it a point to attract many middle eastern men, deliberately including would be terrorists, to come wallow freely in the USAs money trough...
The intent being that the different intel agencies would create programs
(like pilot training) (like language schools) (like University of Americas)where these ideological enemies of the west could live under the belief that they themselves weren't being trailed, followed, spied upon, dossiered, by the host agency or program.

As it turned out, there was a covert cadre of extreme zealots who played the US intel agencies, right under their noses, and were invited, paid, befriended by the clueless...overpaid...culture of status...concerned more about the retirement path... than breaking-out-of-the-box thinking,
that Agent John O'Neill singularly exhibited.
so yes, the 'above the fray' & hubris thinking by the US was a big part of how a 9/11 exercise became a successful terrorist dream

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There were a lot of changes after the first bombing. I remember that before the first bombing anyone could walk into the building with no problems, we could move freely between the buildings and there were no real guards at the underground entrances to the wTC, then after the bombing you had to have ID tags, there were guards at the entrances to the underground and security was always constant in the buildings to go up and at each floor for each company. I used to work at 5 WTC and my dad worked there for ages and retired right before 9-11. If I wanted to visit him I was able to walk right up to his office but after the bombing I had to wait outside in the hallway until he came out. There were lots of changes. They just never counted on something being used as a missile. I really don't think it would have mattered much anyway. These guys knew what the deal was on that specific day and its obvious someone with inside info was helping them along.

top topics

join