It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 Lumen LED Flashlight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
foxfury attains the 1000 lumen hurrdle with a new flashlight.
i relize this wil only intrest flashlight nuts like me but wow this is abright light.
www.foxfury.com...

Specifications
Light Emissions

Candle Power = 12,560
Lumens = 1,000
Field of Vision = 12° - 18° available
Lighting = Photopic
CRI = 80%
Distance Vision = 600 ft (183 m)
Peripheral Vision = N/A
Features

Intrinsically Safe = No
Handheld = Yes
Number of LEDs = 3 or 9
LED Colors = White
Tap Switch = Yes (rear of light)
Durability

Water Resistant = Yes
Fire Resistant = Yes
Impact Resistant = Yes
Modes

Number of Modes = 2
Mode 1 = 33% Intensity
Mode 2 = 100% Intensity
Off = Tap after Mode 2
Physical Characteristics

Weight = 3.8 lbs (1.7 kg)
Size:
Length = 11.1" (282 mm)
Diameter (head) = 3.9 " (99 mm)
Diameter (handle) = 1.9" (48 mm)
Housing Material = 6061-T6 Aluminum with TPR Bumpers; Polycarbonate Shield
Battery

Size / Type = 15 CR123 (Batteries Included)
Battery Life = 1 to 3 hours (varies by mode)
Warranty

12 Months
Options

Future Options:
Rechargeable Battery Pack = 12 RCR123 (separate accessory)
Case

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hell's teeth! That's one powerful piece of kit. I would love to buy one, but Mrs Pilgrim would have a heart attack if I spent $1,000 on a torch! Ouch.

Grey

x08

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a flashlight nut... that's new~ definately quite a bit less common than a camera nut or something...

as for this flashlight... that could be what I am looking for... I have an LED flashlight atm, but no idea what it's rated at... it's bright, but not bright enough for what I need...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
try a mag light 3 watt led i swear you can put a spot on a deer at 100 yard and clearly see the animal ( i live in the middle of nowhere and night time noises sometimes need to be checked out) they come in all flavors mini to d size and as replacement bulbs for your existing mag lights.

www.brightguy.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I pack a SureFire. Best flashlight ever. In my own opinion.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by mcgilligan02]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
surefire is indeed the gold standard of flashlights and one brand that i have a few of but having said that there are several uses for flashlights and good though the 6p is it does not have a long battery life ( about 60 minutes) and it's to bright ( never thought I'd complain about a flashlight being too bright ) for close up work and lastly the 123 c cell are expensive and not easy to come by in all areas. so enter the 2 or 3 aa mini mag light it is a good additional light for those who have a good tactical light or a stand alone for those who don't. it is very bright but no over powering and aa cells are easy to get and at about 20.00 it's not priced beyond most casual users. surefire yes love them mag led can't do with out.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Great find!

I'm kind of a flashlight nut, too. Carry my AAA Maglight on my belt all the time. For redundancy, I have about five of them, one for each outfit, hehe.

Also have one of those rare 6-cell C Maglights. That sucker is cool. Just about as good as the 6-cell D, but much lighter.

I'd love to have some like they used on the X-Files. I think they were responsible in part for the creation of the Sure-Fire tactical flashlight craze.

If you haven't seen it, check out Phil Elmore's site. He had some pretty good reviews of the various tactical flashlights, I think even showing the lumens and a sample spot comparison of the various types. Though you might quibble with his style, he does pretty good gear reviews:

www.themartialist.com...

(not affiliated with, and not responsible for other inflammatory comments contained therein, haha)

Thanks for the link, man!

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcssar
surefire is indeed the gold standard of flashlights and one brand that i have a few of but having said that there are several uses for flashlights and good though the 6p is it does not have a long battery life ( about 60 minutes) and it's to bright ( never thought I'd complain about a flashlight being too bright ) for close up work and lastly the 123 c cell are expensive and not easy to come by in all areas. so enter the 2 or 3 aa mini mag light it is a good additional light for those who have a good tactical light or a stand alone for those who don't. it is very bright but no over powering and aa cells are easy to get and at about 20.00 it's not priced beyond most casual users. surefire yes love them mag led can't do with out.

Did you know they used to make a 5 or 6 cell AA Maglight? I've seen talk of it, but it got pulled about 15 years ago, iirc, because some people were complaining it was being used as a baton. I'd love to get one of those - probably could make one up custom with aircraft aluminum tubing as an extension. (hint).

Never seen a 3-cell AA. Oh, it's the on the site you linked to as a new product. Cool! Thanks.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Badge01]

top topics

join