It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro accepted all over the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
www.pbs.org...

I really do not know much about the Euro. On this site though it says

Three other EU members, England, Sweden, and Denmark, decided not to replace their currencies with the euro, but euros will be accepted by England, Sweden, and Denmark, as well as the entire world.

I have never seen any Euro in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, with the declining dollar in consideration, it wouldn't surprise me to see this happen indeed. China has already pulled itself away from the declining dollar. How important this will pan out to be, however, is a matter of speculation.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

I have never seen any Euro in the U.S.

If we switch to anything, it'll probably be the peso.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
England is not a country!! AHHHH!!! its about of the United Kingdom (which is a country) England has not been a country since 1707

*pulls hair out*

anywho, the UK is not apart of the EMI so in theory, we do not have to accept the Euro ever (EMI members will have to accept the Euro at somepoint)

we don't

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
England is not a country!! AHHHH!!! its about of the United Kingdom (which is a country) England has not been a country since 1707

*pulls hair out*

anywho, the UK is not apart of the EMI so in theory, we do not have to accept the Euro ever (EMI members will have to accept the Euro at somepoint)

we don't

Hon, they still call it England in the schools here. Either that or it's been called Britain.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hon, they still call it England in the schools here. Either that or it's been called Britain.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain is the country; England is one of it's provinces. However, in American slang, "England" often refers to the nation of Britain, just like in the past the Soviet Union was sometimes just referred to as "Russia".

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

The United Kingdom of Great Britain is the country; England is one of it's provinces. However, in American slang, "England" often refers to the nation of Britain, just like in the past the Soviet Union was sometimes just referred to as "Russia".

I usually hear Russia refered to as Soviet Union. I've started calling it Russia lately and peeps look at me funny about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yes the Euro is everywhere, European countires that work with the Euro buy a lot of oil and goods, and they pay in Euros, or dollars. But there is no need for a Euro to be in the USA, because you all deal in dollars.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Actually it's the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain is just England, Scotland and Wales. Also I think the Channel Islands are part of the UK but not Great Britain.

For anyone who's really that interested, there is also the British Isles, which is a geographical term not a political one, and refers to both Great Britain (the island) and Ireland (the island). It encompasses two countries - the UK and Ireland (the country of Ireland that is, not the island of Ireland).

Do I get the Smartass of the Week award?

(Just to vaguely stay on topic) the Euro is the national currency of Ireland, replacing the Punt (Irish £), but not (as has already been stated) the currency of Blighty. Somehow I can't see the bloke behind the bar at the Bull and Bush taking a Five Euro note for a couple of pints of Scruttock's Old Dirigible on a busy Saturday night.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It would take forever to convert every world market to the same currency at this point. It seems that independent nations rarely get along with themselves, let alone eachother long enough to make a sound decision.

Not to say a world currency is a sound decision.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I thought England, Whales, Scotland, Northern Ireland where all seperate countries technecly.. but are unified under the UK (England) and Great Britain was the entire Island including Scotland, England and Whales.. darn the Bits and your complicated system.. I still call you all British, or English .. just like you all call Americans Yanks, even though we may come from many many areas of the country that have never been considered a Yankee......

Anyways.. The Euro will never be accepted around the world.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I thought England, Whales, Scotland, Northern Ireland where all seperate countries technecly.. but are unified under the UK (England) and Great Britain was the entire Island including Scotland, England and Whales.. darn the Bits and your complicated system.. I still call you all British, or English .. just like you all call Americans Yanks, even though we may come from many many areas of the country that have never been considered a Yankee......

Anyways.. The Euro will never be accepted around the world.

There's no H is Wales. If I was Welsh (which I'm not) I would be forced to send you a thermonuclear leek to munch on, or something

The UK is quite unique in this respect, and how countries are defined depends on who you talk to. The 'entity' which is governed by Parliament at Westminster, and has Boney Tony as the PM is the UK.

Now look, you made me go even more off topic!!! (Bloody Yanks
)

[breaks off into 'God Save The South' and skips off, whistling 'Dixie']

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As we English say:-

''British by birth, English by the Grace of God''

England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are countries with their own flags, National Anthems and Parliments/Governing Bodies that come under the unified body called the United Kingdom.

top topics

join