It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore's Oscar sparks new presidential speculation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Gore's Oscar sparks new presidential speculation

Source Link: www.abs-cbnnews.com

HOLLYWOOD (AFP) - Flush with an Oscar for his environmental jeremiad "An Inconvenient Truth," Al Gore faces growing speculation whether he might ride the winds of political climate change to a new bid for the presidency.

The Democrat insists he has no plans to run for the White House in 2008, eight years after being edged out by US President George W. Bush in a bruising recount battle that still smarts today.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Eight years after the supreme court butted in and selected bush minor you mean. And it was not a jeremiad... it was a very well presented documentary and if Gore decided to run, he would be the only candidate running so far from either party with the knowledge and experince to do the job. Given the choice of Hillary or Gore I would vote for Gore in a heart beat.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I doubt Gore would run, cause he has found his true niche as a celebrity environmentalist and for the first time in his life he is being globally applauded.

Melissa Etheridge also won an Oscar for best original song, "I Need to Wake Up" for "An Inconvenient Truth" and here she is singing it:

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Gore is certainly riding a wave of enthusiasm. There are people that are associated with him now, that probably wouldn't have been caught dead around him ten years ago.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If he choses to step in it will be after the seven dwarves have so discredited themselves attacking each other that no one would vote for them.

Hillary has taken a page from Karl Rove and intends to run a take no prisoners campaign but it will I am sure backfire on her.... there are just too many of us democrats and liberals who are ambigious concerning her at best or are out and out against her running (like me) that Gore, if he did decide to go for it, he would get the nomination because there would be a sense of ...somebody other than hillary relief.

top topics

join