It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi vice president escapes bomb blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Iraqi vice president escapes bomb blast

Source Link: news.yahoo.com

Iraq's vice president escaped an apparent assassination attempt Monday after a bomb exploded in municipal offices where he was making a speech, knocking him down with the force of the blast that left at least 10 people dead.

Adel Abdul-Mahdi suffered bruises in the fall and was hospitalized for medical exams, an aide said. Police initially blamed the attack on a bomb-rigged car, but later said explosives were apparently planted inside the building.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
wow! you wouldnt want to be a politician in iraq at the moment with the president in hospital in jordon and now the vice president almost wiped out by a bomb from INSIDE the building. coincidence? so whose going to gain if both of them were killed?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
wow! you wouldnt want to be a politician in iraq at the moment with the president in hospital in jordon and now the vice president almost wiped out by a bomb from INSIDE the building. coincidence? so whose going to gain if both of them were killed?

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Interesting that the bomb goes off at the time when Iraqi PM is in Jordan "Sick".

If both of them get killed, the third in power gets the PM title - probably defense minister...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If they both bite the dust, that means Gates takes over until Dick is crowned King of Babylon...kidding

Anyone want to guess that this guy gets blown up next?
Iraq official says Iran has stopped meddling CNN

The comments by Mowaffak al-Rubaie contradict one of the top messages the Bush administration has been sending to the world in recent days.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
First thing I thought is that they are being snuffed out. Remember that White House report that was dissing Talabani? After all, if they aren't doing what we installed them to do, then why keep them?

Oh that's right, we all saw the pictures of the inked fingers, Iraq is a democracy. Or was that Afghanistan? I get so mixed up in all the propoganda.

Now President Talabani is in intensive care, because he has a catheter placed in his heart, according to CNN. It's getting a lot of netplay on the networks, and we don't hear about other presidents that recieve medical treatment, so there is some "use" to the story.

I'm so happy that I don't watch television.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
CNN is reporting that the Iraqi President is worse than presumed and is now in intensive care and Iraqi government denies it.

Iraqi President in ICU for Heart Catheterization ATS

top topics

join