It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Secret' Spread the word...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

According to the 'Secret' - to which I did see the movie in it's entirety -'One has to be in 'unison/harmony' with the Universe - to strongly 'will' our desires to make ones' thoughts become reality. Positive or Negative.

Your right.

God DOES discriminate between material & spiritual gain.

The only problem I have is those that think that GOD is separate and distinct from us has humans or spiritual beings.

The bible says and Im not going to find the exact quote or passage.

I am within my father and my father is within me as are you within me.

Meaning we are all one and the same just extensions of GOD or whatever you what to call the creator of all that is.

Also if you have done any studying of quantum physics.....it has also come to the conclusion that everything is interconnected and one.

Read about quantum entanglement and loop quantum gravity.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It all goes down according to beliefs.

IMHO God is both the material and the spiritual. The good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful. It doesn't matter. We're all here to experience life in as much variations as possible.

Bandit?

I agree with you about: It all goes down according to beliefs. Hands down.

God is spiritual/material, yet (according to Christian beliefs/mine as well).

God set the world in motion/has an agenda/fufillment to His plans, and let mankind decide(free-will) to decide/think/live oneself through this 'storybook of existance'.

Hmmm.. which page should we turn, which way should we go, which turn of the road will be the best?

As a mere corporeal being, I love adversity.

It makes my 'spiritual spine' straighten up and take notice of others around me and see that we are all traversing that 'same road in life'; different but yet 'together' - I am blessed for the possitive and negative that has been accumulated during my life. Even though my thoughts 'projected' towards the grand scheme of things, and I may have 'reaped' other than what I had expected and hoped for, I am thankful (In hindsight) for the experiences that I have received.

These experiences make us 'who' we are.

We all don't see the 'big picture' that is forever nudging us from the sidelines. We can only prod forward with a 'possitveness', to inssure our continuence.

Think the best for others and yourself.

Do NOT wish any ill-will towards anyone.

Be careful what you wish for...you just MIGHT GET IT.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I love "The Secret" it really has helped me to be a happy person. I did see some money come in but not the 20million I believed to recieve. lol

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wow will changing reality, yeah it’s a real secret O_O

If only there weren’t so many books on it, though we call it magick and read lots of enigmatic and symbolic texts to study it... And (with magick we) can consciously change things by Will, not some passive will attraction “law” (though some of it is a part of the ‘teachings’)

And then there is this "The Secret" video with a really watered down, diluted and trashy pop version of what so many people have studied in the past, but you know, diluted occult lessons are popular these days...

Yeah, I didn't like the video, it’s like someone read a few lines from the Emerald Tablet and decided to do a video on a message they didn't understand fully, though it must serve some people that don’t want to do the whole magic(k)al work but still wants to “attract” things to themselves… So it is kind of worth something, though I still don’t like it

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure how anyone can have one bad thing to say about this life-changing concept.
Hmmm...would I rather be a leaf at the mercy of the wind, or the creator of my own masterpiece. I'd like to share something quite symbolic. The week before seeing the movie, i was feeling imminent danger of sorts. Something was "after " me. I was in the sights of something. This went on for a while, and the days leading up to it were frightening. I was in fear of closing my eyes to sleep or wash my hair. One night, I finally broke down to my husband. I was shaking and crying, saying, "Something is going to happen to me. I'm going to die!" Nothing could have convinced me otherwise. Now, prior to this feeling of dread, I was a truly negative being. I identified with it with all my heart and soul. It WAS me. Also, I had terrible depression all my life. No meds or doctors could help. I'd tried everything!!
Then, that week, I was led to The Secret website by fate or the universe deciding, "It's time."
I am a changed person. I am in the process of creating a masterpiece of a life.
"From the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success."
Anyway, back to the "imminent death" premonitions...
I did die!! That horrible, negative "me" died!! From the ashes rose a phoenix.
All that sadness and lousy life garbage that I kept alive inside of me disappeared. There is no going back for me.
Onwards and upwards!
I AM in control.
My life is what I make it. It is going to be glorious.
There are many other sources out there on manifestation. The Secret isn't the end all. I'm in the process of soaking up all I can on this priceless topic.
We are God. If you ever feel beleaguered, or think you can't do something, ask "Could God do it?"
Yes. He can. So can we. We are God made into man.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by Spiralina]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is nothing but the Adeps of Hermes making their bid for power has to now as another Illuminatti is so close to gaining world domination.

Their message is just as evil.

It must be stopped.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodyelse
This is nothing but the Adeps of Hermes making their bid for power has to now as another Illuminatti is so close to gaining world domination.

Their message is just as evil.

It must be stopped.

Enjoy your downtrodden life.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have the audio book on my ipod...

My thoughts are as follows:

This book is a GOOD thing (no martha pun intended). It is good because the people I meet and interact with on a daily basis are slaves to the culture that they are embeded in. Books like this slowly weaken the hold that westernized culture has over their minds.

Personally, this book yielded little to no "insight"...All of these things I have been taught/told before through my various shamanic teachings/course work.

You can't change the world in an instant, it's like trying to stop a cruise ship on a dime. Change happens over time--the I Ching teaches this. Books like this insert and "infect" the mass population into a "new" (old but new inside of our cultural norms) way of thinking.

If anything, after hearing/reading the quote, "Secret" I have to say I was more impressed with Don Migel Ruiz's books about the "Four Agreements". To me personally, his books would do more GOOD in this world for all of us.

Additionaly, if you wish to expand your mind/universe/worldview beyond that of the material "thing-fetish" way of thinking....pick up some of Don Juan's books. The anchient Toltec tradition is very adept at using examples and working with differing cultural mindsets to "free" one of their grip.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There's nothing new under the sun. Yes, this is the same information - philosophy - guide that has been readily available in a variety of different guises for, well, forever.

I intend to watch this one at some point. The reason this information is enduring and keeps coming around in various iterations and permutations is that it works.

You can read Haanel's "The Master Key System" on line for free. Wayne Dyer's "The Power of Intention" is another form of the same basic message. I've had a link in my signature for awhile now to an old and relatively short work called "As a Man Thinketh".

Ever hear the old saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear"? That's because it's all around you all the time, and with this marvelous tool called the Internet, now more than ever. You'll grasp it when you're ready. Or not.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

NIV Matthew 6 Verse 19:
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal..." "No ones can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money".

Brilliant quote!

I believe the point it's trying to make is to SERVE GOD(to use your creative power to live the life you desire), and to LET MONEY SERVE YOU.

I would love to explain exactly in detail what I am trying to put across, but I don't have the time at the moment.
I do recommend reading a book by Bob Proctor(stars in The Secret)
titled: You Were Born Rich.
It is available on his website as a free download and explains everything The Secret does, and a whole lot more!
As well as the "Law of Attraction" it also discusses the "Law Of Opposites(Polarity)" and the "Law of Vibration".

Click Here to Download BornRichBook.pdf

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Enjoy your downtrodden life.

That was harsh, looks like the 'negative you' still has some life left.

From my experience belittling someone, like categorizing someone's life as 'downtrodden' just because they don't agree with you, is destructive. In the long run it hurts only you.

My two cents, use it or no.

Congrats on your new outlook on life. A positive attitude is most of the battle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join