It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Hour Bomb Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

24 Hour Bomb Plan

Source Link: news.independent.co.uk

A Pentagon unit is planning for a bombing attack on Iran which could be carried out "within 24 hours", according to a report in the United States, issued just as the Iranian President Mahmoud Amadinejad warned that Tehran's nuclear programme had "no reverse gear".

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Despite denials of going to war with Iran they feel this plan is necesary? Wasn't it true that before the actual war with Iraq started we were already going in there bombing them. Couldn't the same be true for Iran. Each day it looks closer and closer to becoming a reality. Atleast they have a plan!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This is not necessarilly a precursor to war. It could just be what they said it is, a contingency plan for in the event that they have to go to bombing as a means to get them to relenquish control of their nuclear endeavors.

However, I think this is exactly what's been suggested. We're going to Iran, whether anyone likes it or not. It's just a cold, hard fact.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I guess all that "we're not going to Iran" crap was complete bunk. All I have to say is Ladies and Gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts and prepare foe the official declaration of WW3

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'm getting this related story from MSNBC

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Of course their planning. You'd be naive to think otherwise. Drawing up target plans takes a lot of work, and if you need to implement such plans at short notice, it pays to have a few days of ops planned in advanced.

This is true not just for Iran, but a range of countries. Federation of American Scientists go into a fair bit of detail of some of the operational plans, particularly for North Korea. So I'm not exactly giving away state secrets here.

Such plans are routinely amended. Really, there isn't much of a story here in my opinion. Iran is just higher up the priority list at the moment, but really, nothing is going on that hasn't been going on for years anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Well I'm hoping the preparations are a just in case measure. This could go the same route that the whole NK nuclear crisis did. That is if Isreal doesn't strike them first. Regardless of speculation, someone is going to go to war with Iran very soon. The US would be smart to stay out of it and take care of whet we already have going on.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Iran says it will never give up its right under the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty to enrich uranium and produce nuclear fuel even at the risk of sanctions.

This lets you know right here they won't stop. (taken from Mechanic's link)

“We have prepared ourselves for any situation, even for war,” Mr Mohammadi was quoted as saying at a conference in the central city of Isfahan.

“If they issue a second resolution, Iran will not respond and will continue its nuclear activities,” he said

Iran is ready for war, I just don't see this being resolved.

But yes, I guess every military needs a plan of action for "just in case measure" but I don't feel this is that case. Like it or not, I do believe this will go to war.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShAuNmAn-X
Well I'm hoping the preparations are a just in case measure. This could go the same route that the whole NK nuclear crisis did. That is if Isreal doesn't strike them first. Regardless of speculation, someone is going to go to war with Iran very soon. The US would be smart to stay out of it and take care of whet we already have going on.

The problem with that is that there is only one other country with which Iran has an issue, and it's Israel. There wouldn't be much of an issue here, except for the fact that we're their biggest weapons supplier. We supply them with all of the military equipment that they need to accomplish whatever tasks they need to get done.

So, if we don't initiate the first move, then either Israel will, or Iran will. In either of those cases, the situation could become much too complicated for the US to handle diplomatically. It would therefore be in the best interests for the US to keep a very close eye on Iran, and draw up defensive plans for in the (un)likely event that they decide to fire first. This insures that we have the upper hand in the peace talks that will follow the fallout of the conflict.

These are just my thoughts though.

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

join