It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is an Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's important to understand that God is an idea, a name given to the phenomenon of "life" as we perceive it. True reality is made of energy that moves in waves across a vast sea of more energy. Matter is simply a different sort of energy that we perceive in a different way than others.

God and time don't exist as anything more than an idea, a way to explain something. The truth is that we are everything all at once.

God as One Infinite Eternal Substance

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Cyfre, I don't have a problem with what you believe. Although I may not fully agree with it.

I think that it is imprtant to realize that God is a spirit. Spirit is energy. All energy that pervades throughout the universe was exemplified through this energy or being that we call God.

To me, God is essentially all that is. There is not a single particle in a physicists bubble chamber that is not a part of the body of God. There is not a single atom or particle that makes up a block of wood that is not within the body of God. There is not a single spirit that is not within the body of God.

There is not a singular idea that did not emerge from the mind of God before it manifested in the physical. Therefore, your idea is not necessarily wrong but it's not necessarily right either. You seem to be of the opinion that God is just an idea that has no literal existence, I think that's where you and I would tend to disagree.

God bless...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Creation is the IDEA
God is the MIND which had the idea.
The WORD is the initiation and manifestation of the idea.
The collective consciousness is MIND.
Collectively we are the SON of God.
Individually we are the sons of Men.

That is, if we love one another as Christ loved us because also the Father loves us *first.*

All in ALL...
an EXCEEDINGLY excellent IDEA!

G ood
O rderly
D irection

peace from sister love!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Jesus was an alien.. or a wizard... i'm not sure yet.

The God of Moses was part of an alien Empire and the angles known as Gabriel were ambassadors to Earth. They weren't trying to start a religion, they just wanted to help man.

There are good spirits, there are neutral spirits and there are bad spirits. There are also many gods among the three groups.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
protons
neutrons
electrons....

one atom

There is just ONE

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
From the Ages of Ages is the Eternal Thought, and the Thought is the Word, and the Word is the Act, and these Three are one in the Eternal Law, and the Law is with God and the Law proceeds from God. All things are created by Law and without it is not anything created that existeth.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
To me, God is essentially all that is. There is not a single particle in a physicists bubble chamber that is not a part of the body of God. There is not a single atom or particle that makes up a block of wood that is not within the body of God. There is not a single spirit that is not within the body of God.

There is not a singular idea that did not emerge from the mind of God before it manifested in the physical. Therefore, your idea is not necessarily wrong but it's not necessarily right either. You seem to be of the opinion that God is just an idea that has no literal existence, I think that's where you and I would tend to disagree.

God bless...

I think our opinions on this matter may be parallel. If all matter is part of the body of God, and everything else is also part of God, then I believe we agree. This means the universe is god. A tree is part of the body of God, as is The Earth, as is this galaxy, so on and so forth. So the entirety of the universe would be the sum of all of God's parts. An accurate image of God is the universe in every spectrum with which it can be perceived.

Do you agree?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I think our opinions on this matter may be parallel. If all matter is part of the body of God, and everything else is also part of God, then I believe we agree. This means the universe is god. A tree is part of the body of God, as is The Earth, as is this galaxy, so on and so forth. So the entirety of the universe would be the sum of all of God's parts. An accurate image of God is the universe in every spectrum with which it can be perceived.

Do you agree?

I'd say to a large extent you and I probably agree,yes.

top topics

join