It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream or Reality...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Dream or reality?

Today I was walking back from work, fixated on the sidewalk I began to notice that I felt more like I was coasting than walking. I was staring at the mud puddles twigs on the sidewalk as they passed by. I felt like I was on a scooter just rolling by. I looked up at the clouds and they seemed much more alive than usual. Everything seemed to be moving individually, as if they were vibrating. It almost felt as if I were watching a movie, and yet I was still in control of my body. My eyes couldn't stop wandering, like a new born staring at it's hands with great concentration. Things started to slow down, but it still felt weird. Cars were wizzing by, and the wind was blowing strong. Everything just seemed like a dream, it didn't seem real. I finally arrived at the intersection, pressed the walk button and waited like a dog. I lit up a smoke and continued to look aorund, it was beautiful. The walk sign signaled, so I began my journey once again. When suddenly this white car ignores the walk signal and floors it in my direction. I looked in it's general direction, but not at the car, passed it. I was looking at a stream of water, as ripples ran across it like the ocean. I looked back at the passing car without a care in the world. I noticed people who were stopped at the intersection look in my direction with worry. I stopped for a brief second and stared at the white car that almost hit me, I took a drag of my smoke and continued walking. Why did this seem like a calm before the storm? Has anyone else felt at ease like this before? It was pretty soothing, in a sense that everything seemed so lively. I was somewhat nervous about this occurance at first, then I realized it was pretty pleasant. Does anyone have any feedback as to what I may have been experiencing? It's just something that has been bothering me for the last 12 hours or so. I'm not really concerned, just a little weirded out.

This is actually something I posted a few days ago, on the 'Chit Chat' forum.. But yea, it feel it was out of place, so I reposted it here.. Maybe i'll have a better chance of getting a few replys here.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I was hoping to get a few replies..

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hey, Mad Season 313

The story could be attributed to something like a shift in perceptional awareness, but the fact that you noticed the people in the other cars as worried still places you at the scene.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Perceptional awareness? In what context?

[edit on 2-3-2007 by MadSeason313]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What time of day was it?

It sounds like your mood and attitude changed deep down. Sort of subconciously and it breathed a little life into your experience.

It seems like this would be associated with some new experience that you felt comfortable with. Your mind was excited because it was new, and your heart was at ease enough to take it all in. These moments don't happen much...

But w/o us knowing more about the events around the situation, there is no way for us to know what it was. Can only guess.

Obviously your perceptions and your demeanor made a shift for a few minutes... but that's all we can tell from your info

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Okay, i'll state only what I remember of that day.

After days and days of it being cloudy, and a little snowy, I was walking back from work.. The sun peaked out of the clouds. literally the sky was orange and red shortly after. I was looking at the sidewalk I was on at first, one raindrop fell from the sky an hit the a puddle of mud. Ripples were sent smoothly in all directions. It was beautiful.. The sidewalk also grew lively, and the little patches of grass that were sticking out from the melting snow were blowing in the wind. Suddenly I didn't feel like I was walking anymore, more like coasting, or floating. Anyways..Before that I was at work, in a hot enviroment, it sucked.. I flip burgers
.. In a sense. I was thinking of storys in my head to pass the time, and I came up with one that I almost thought would be too realistic. You know what? I don't really recall anything the night before. It's like my short term memory was washed away that day.. Do you think there's something wrong with me? :|

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313
Perceptional awareness? In what context?

[edit on 2-3-2007 by MadSeason313]

Perceptional awareness, as in what dimension or parallel universe was your conciousness percieving.

Some people believe we are existing in more than one place at the same time although generally unaware of the simultaneous existances.

Just something to consider.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nah it doesn't seem like anything is wrong with you. Something deep inside you woke up for a few moments imo... I don't want to say chemicals in your brain, but it sounds like some sort of euphoria occured. Probably brought about by your thoughts, taking a break from work, or maybe your subconcious.

It's pretty cool, don't think I would think of it as bad. Consider yourself lucky for having it but also be proud of yourself that you took the time to notice and roll with it, and get something out of the experience.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thanks Interested always, and Novise. That gives me a better understanding of what may have occured that day.. And I do feel lucky that such a moment came to me. I hope you guys get that same feeling some day.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313
Thanks Interested always, and Novise. That gives me a better understanding of what may have occured that day.. And I do feel lucky that such a moment came to me. I hope you guys get that same feeling some day.

ME TOO. I hope I get that feelin!

top topics

join