It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada and our special forces

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Nice topic Arc,

I have always been proud of our military and this just enhances that feeling.

As far as the 'special forces', I new we had them.... just didn't who or what they were. ( possibly due to the secrecy )

Thanks for the information.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the PT info - It's actually quite helpful because I'm training for a half Marathon at the moment and wanted to tack on some other goals/targets to the training and I'm not a fan of the gym. Just running can get a bit boring, being all-round fit is better anyway. It'd be a nice thing to have in the back of my mind that you've achieve the minimums required by these guys.

Cheers
Skippy

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I remeber watching the news a few months into the Iraq war and the president slipped up thanking the Canadian JTF2 forces for rescuing some allied hostages from inside Iraq. Now most Canadians do not agree with the war on Iraq and were surpirsed to hear that there were canadian forces inside Iraq.

Here is a link from a Canadian News Network
www.ctv.ca...

Basically type into google "ctv news jtf2" and there are many stories...

As far as the Canadian Forces not being strong in numbers is very true. But the population size of U.S. is ten times the amount of Canada and therfore have more people to serve in the military.

Now Canadian miltary equipment (at least on tanks) is far more advanced then the average American. I was watching a program on the Discover Channel about how the Canadian and U.S. tank divisions come together to compete in a friendly tank exersize course every year. I remember them talking about how the Canadian tanks had more up to date technology as far as thermal targeting systems est... But again, because we have less tanks then the Americans we have more money to spend on each tank.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Good day,

It's been a long time since I've been on the board and I thought it was time for me to get back into action.

With regard to the JTF2 I do have some "new-ish" information.

I managed to scrounge a copy of the new PT manual that the selection process is using for members who wish to apply.

It's a daunting schedule and looks very very taxing. If anyone is really interested in the standards of the what the initial recruit of the JTF2 must meet just for selection and then beyond drop me a note here and I"ll transcribe that information into a word document for you and fire it off.

Thank you for your time,

Arcticnull

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Way to go Canada!! SOMEBODY has to protect the poppy fields, right? We wouldn't want to see those dirty Afghans stopping the opium production.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Trauma,

This thread has nothing do with the illegal opium trade.

It is a forum for those who are not aware of Canada's special forces soldiers.

From your statement it seems that you're quite upset about something. What that is exaclty you didn't make clear so I can't comment direclty.
I also get the sense that you have never served in the Canadian Forces nor have you been in an operational theater of war such as Afghanistan. If I'm wrong then please, by all means correct me.
I'm sure your frustrations are valid to you. However they do not relate to this topic or the JTF2.

Moreover your statement about guarding the poppy fields is also incorrect. Neither the regular force members nor the JFT2 are tasked with guarding poppy fields.

I invite you to take the time to research and discover the facts about the mandate of the JTF2 and why Canadians can be proud of their service to our country.

If you have any valid information about the JTF2 the readers of this thread will welcome it happily and would benefit from your efforts.

Thank you for your time,

Arcticnull

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join