It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the best candidate running for presidency?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well anyway Howard Dean is the best man for the job. I would vote for Clark if I had to. I wouldn't vote for Bush if a gun was held to my head, mainly because I want my child to have some sort of a future without fear and violence.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
first i'd vote for bush, but if he didn't win (doubtful) i'd vote for clarke then dean.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Bush has pretty much got it sewn up anyways....and likely even with the popular vote, thanks to the sheeple, but I agree with the one who brought it up...I think it will be a Dean/Clarke ticket.

I think most always overestimate how much a president has to do with the economy (for good or ill). Business is always out to make money, and many had to trim the fat, and get lean and mean after 911... THAT's the reason for the turn around, not the president. Also, as far as the comment on the military, just remember that while Congress gave themselves a raise, our boys in the trenches were having their pay cut, as well as their benefits. Not to mention, no president in history has ever succeeded at getting this much international egg on our faces. I won't even go into how this flubbing of Iraq, has affected our standing in the economic Dollar vs. Euro war currently being waged.

Look, I realize we needed to go into Iraq, and not for WMD (what a lame excuse...if you're going to use it, at least plant some....
) But, he should have went in, set up bases, and the puppet government, and got the hell out. Military brass loves long occupations, that's their gravy train...it's up to the executive branch to end them.

We need about 4 years to get some of the egg off our face, and let the world cool down a bit.... Unfortunately, this isn't likely to happen. The re-election of Bush will incite quite a rage in the arab world...and we WILL see another attack (likely attacks) on US soil. We'll see Sharon's hardcore policy go into effect, and we'll see other arab nations targetted, until finally, the straw breaks the camel's back.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
actually it was good that the military stayed there untill they caught Saddam. they heard threats from from him, although I wouldn't have worried because his military fell apart, but when ya gotta psycho like that you never know what he will try to get his hands on to hurt democracy

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I agree GlobalMind.
. An idiot like Saddam, with his supposed Nuclear, Chemical, and Bioligical Weapons could have been a serious threat to us. But, we are yet to find any of those weapons.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
exactly picard, although we did find bits and peices of them

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'd vote for John Edwards.

I really identified with him in the debate and after reading about him i'd have to say, he came out of nowhere and got into the senate in 1998, now he's running for president.

I know you'll find a thousand flaws in him, but if i had to vote right now, it would be him, hands down.

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by Nerdling]

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I personally like Bush, besides that fact that his nickname is Dubya...hes ok

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Good reason to hate him dork. Hey everyone JeanLuc Thinks hes funny.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with you people??? Vote for any libertarian candidate, if you want to fix America! I don't even care which one. Look at the issues, and tell me you don't agree with most, if not all. These people believe in the things that made America great, before all the corrupt #s ruined it.

www.lp.org...

Give America back to Americans!

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I agree... these people do hurt the US.Oppression is the word that I am looking for...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join