It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo anti drug national commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
abovetheinfluence.com...

has anyone else noticed these nationally syndicated anti drug commercials? The link is above. To me it seems like a deeper message is being presented. I just read a goverment study that found these commercials to be a massive waste of money and ineffective in its efforts. What does this commercial say to you? To me a alien coming to have sex with my girlfrien dbecause i smoke weed (which i personally dont) and then uniting mankind with our savors the aliens... I'm losing my train of thought anyhow please see the link above.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
LOL!!! i just spit out my water that was so goddam funny. i wish i could get that high man ;d

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
yeah i laughed at first too, well i usually do at these silly pointless commercials... but this one was just WEIRD

[edit on 25-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
i just noticed the title to the commercial is "Not Again"...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah me too! Was she talking about him firing up another joint or has she done the Alien thing already. Very funny commercial. I guess it's saying "don't smoke weed or your girl will fly away with an alien." LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
oh well. more for him.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Yeah, that is one ridiculous commercial! I really have no idea what message it is trying to get across. But what gets me the most is the irony of it all: an anti-drug commercial that must have been written by someone on drugs. Fun!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
that was the most funniest thing I have seen all day, they want people who smoke pot to laugh, not quit right???

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Maybe it's trying to say something about paranioa affecting some people when they smoke weed.
I know that I have regularly been paranoid of aliens having sex with my girlfriend (again).
lol
Strange ad though, I think it'll just confuse more than anything else.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
LMAO!

That was one of the funniest I have seen in a while.

Obviously created by a believer in ET life.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think this cynic view is normal but scary. I used to think that generation would rub the other out, but people still smoke cigarettes at a young age. doing nothing is not doing anything. If an alien came down and saw our habits and trends and culture, and declined to partake in such events because he was genuinely not into that sort of thing i think it would attract the type that was looking for a way out of such a cycle. If I was around a bunch of floopers and i hated flooping but didnt have any alternatives or so i thought i hadnt, and someone anything came along and refused to floop possibly hinting, and showing they had something alltogether NEW and DIFFERENT I might be attracted to go to that person, and follow them around. This alien was something different to that girl. and she no longer felt bound and tied to the cycle of having to feel that the smoker was all that life had to offer. The alien offered a whole different world to her. You can too offer someone something alltogether new to anyone you choose to. be creative and choose to do other activities. I hope my thoughts on this commercial makes sense. It makes sense to Ime since i don't see the value in sitting around soley to smoke pot. Have a good day and hope everyone is staying warm and healthy. Good wishes to all!

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Minael2007]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i hate these antidrug commercials alot more than i hate pot. For the possibly millions of dollars this commercial cost to broadcast on prime time television for months (major overstatement?) it just seems like an insane waste of goverment money for an entirely confusing plot and directionless message. At least everymorning when i cook eggs i remember what my "brain is like on drugs" LOL... now everytime i see a UFO on the news i have to worry about aliens stealing not only my girlfriend but my weed too??

[edit on 26-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Dude that commercial is no joke. It happened to me that whore left with a alien but it was some good stuff tho hahaha.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Oh yea and ugh drugs are bad so don't do them haha.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Seriously,if their target audience is anything like I was when I was a teen,then they're probably at a party smoking a joint,and laughing about how incredibly trippy that anti drug commercial was.

The only people who would think these commercials would work are people who've never smoked weed,and really those people have a limited perspective on the issue.They've only been told how pot affects you,not experienced it for themselves.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
of course they don't want you to smoke weed, for two reasons, one it's makes you look at the world like the sunglasses in "they live" and two big Pharma wont get all that cash for the made up symotoms ( how much Does big pharma give o the war on pot?)
pot makes you realize whats Really going on........(but your to high to do much about it)

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This commercial pisses me off so much! Where did the plant the guy is smoking come from? It came from a planet in orbit around Po Tolo (Sirius B)!

These commercials are more entertaining than those Truth commercials about cigarettes, but atleast the Truth commercials are sending a positive message. It is cigarettes that should be illegal, not cannabis.

These Above the Influence commercials should focus more on hard drugs that actually kill people.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
hahahah yeah i have seen that commerical it's pretty hilarious. come on its just pot what the heck.. they should be more anti Meth or something..

it's cute how the alien is like NO THANKS haha awww.. then the girl takes off with him..yeah right.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yeah they should go after meth heads and base heads more. would clear half the people out of my apartment building and make my life a lot easier. Those are some serious drug addictions right there. The alien wouldn't refuse the bud. His kind brought it here 2 billion years ago to further the conciousness of man!

top topics

join