It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate Declaration: xpert11, Reform

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
\Another question: What is your position regarding the United Nations? Should the US continue to be the base of operations, and should we continue our role in the UN?

Make sure you check out my UN policy . The US should remain in the UN and the possibility of moving the UN to Switzerland should remain open to debate.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
NASA Policy
I need to make one thing clear my admin would ensure that NASA would remain in government hands.
One of my admin goals would be to create more public - private partnerships without writing blank checks for corporations. The private sector should be encouraged to have a greater role in the US role in exploring the final frontier.

Rather then continue with the 21st century Space Race my admin would look to use diplomacy to build bridges with other countries space programs with the aim being cooperative efforts to return to the moon and explore the galaxy in general.

My admin would reserve the right to militarise Space.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hi Xpert11

I have question for you, if I may ?

What would be your administrations stand be on space weather research, particularly the increased and ongoing funding of agencies such as NOAA ?

It seems to me, given this agency is charged with both providing long term research into space weather and provide continual hour to hour forecasts of solar and space weather, the current amount of funding for this agency is insufficient.

Particularly given the information and research it provides is used by industries such satellite/communications and electrical utilities throughout the country which apart from representing billions of dollars per annum of assets and profits, not to mention the services they provide to many 10's of millions of people everyday.

Continual and substantial increases in funding to this agency can only benefit the nation certainly in the short to medium term where solar weather is predicted to have potentially damaging consequences to these industries upon whom so many people depend

Major disruption to these industries over the next 10 years has the potential to cause many billions of dollars damage to the overall economy, and hence I feel sustained and continued funding of NOAA and other agencies in this field is most important for the prosperity of the nation over this time frame

The ability of these agencies to further research and advise advanced warnings of solar weather events is most important, in my mind.

Thankyou

Peace

EDIT - for afterthought

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
In terms of NOAA and other agency's like it where possible my admin would aim to create public - private partnerships. By any substantial increase in funding would be considered my admin would ensure that the existing frame work couldn't be improved upon and that any increase in funding doesn't get chewed up by bureaucracy.

It is also very important that such agency's don't become infected with people more interested in partisan politics then doing there jobs. Also such agency's have to be protected from attempteds to tell them into an outlet for an political party partisan view.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join