It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods, please give me some BTS points.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Are you serious enjoies?

They should bring that back, I'll flag all the time!

Yeah.

EDIT: Found the exacts

Threads that are less than 6 months old earn 5 points
Threads between 6 months and 1 year old earn 10 points
Threads between 1 and 2 years old will earn 20 points
Threads older than 2 years old will earn you 30 points

You go backto the first pages and start tagging away and get a couple thousand points easily.

You don't get points for it anymore because people were abusing it

[edit on 25/2/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Your, "Please Sir, can I have some more?", doesn't seem to be working yet, maybe you could try a bribe.
It may involve sending out a fine bottle of Scotch to SkepticOverlord, he would be able to grant your wish with a click of a mouse. But I think any Mod would be able to do it, so bait the hook and see if anyone bites.

Yes, maybe he likes peppermint schnapps, scotch is a good choice too.

Maybe they will give me some points for that.

I think a good solution for points would be to bring back points for flagging threads.

I'll bet they'll get a lot of people flagging if they do so!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

thehumbleone

Im tellin ya pick a good subject and podcast your opinions about it. then pick annother cool subject and podcast your opinions about that. you will rack up the points fast with that

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
20,000 points?!?! What do you need that many for?

I'd be willing to give you the 2,500 for the background image, but that offer is dependant on a nice Admin or SuperMod being willing to click the necessary buttons to transfer them. I'd even toss in an extra 1,000 for AnxietyDisorder so he doesn't have to suffer from point envy anymore.

My generosity knows no bounds.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Duzey]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I think a good solution for points would be to bring back points for flagging threads.

If you got a point for every time you flagged a thread, everyone would just go and flag every thread. That would totally defeat the purpose of having flags.

I only flag threads that are very good, or the ones that hold a special interest to me. Doing it that way the main page gets an honest result of what the members think is important.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

thehumbleone

Im tellin ya pick a good subject and podcast your opinions about it. then pick annother cool subject and podcast your opinions about that. you will rack up the points fast with that

I know, I've been thinking about podcasting, but I don't know if I will.

Thanks for the tip Whatukno.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
20,000 points?!?! What do you need that many for?

I'd be willing to give you the 2,500 for the background image, but that offer is dependant on a nice Admin or SuperMod being willing to click the necessary buttons to transfer them. I'd even toss in an extra 1,000 for AnxietyDisorder so he doesn't have to suffer from point envy anymore.

My generosity knows no bounds.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Duzey]

Duzey, I wish you were a mod, Cheers.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

If you got a point for every time you flagged a thread, everyone would just go and flag every thread. That would totally defeat the purpose of having flags.

I only flag threads that are very good, or the ones that hold a special interest to me. Doing it that way the main page gets an honest result of what the members think is important.

Yes, good point anxietydisorder.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
uhm Flagging has never payed points,
It was tagging that payed points and was abused

Flags at the top of the page and Tags at the bottom of the page

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Sometimes we run contests for points... Look out for those. That's the best way that you can get 10000 points or more in one shot.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I want a pony. Gimme a pony.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I want a pony. Gimme a pony.

OK

Can I have my 20,000 points now please?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Can I have my 20,000 points now please?

Ahh man!!! you beat me to it lol!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
That's just a picture of a pony. Gimme a pony!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I'd even toss in an extra 1,000 for AnxietyDisorder so he doesn't have to suffer from point envy anymore.

Isn't Duzey a doosy.

She's willing to step up to the plate and help me with an insecurity associated with my anxiety disorder.
1,000 points would go a long way to help my self-esteem, and I know I'd feel more confident while posting on the boards if I had four digits displayed in my BTS points.

If any other members would like to donate points to members that are BTS point challenged, please send them now. And please be assured that 100% of your donation will go to help those that hunger for BTS points.

We need your support.

EDIT: Just an observation, but, if this thread had been originally posted in the BTS "General Chit Chat" forum all the points from this would be going to the OP's BTS point total.

[edit on 25/2/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
can i make a suggestion?

something similar to a WATS award that you can vote any poster for, how about an added option on the board where we could award good posts/threads with points out of our own pockets?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
how about an added option on the board where we could award good posts/threads with points out of our own pockets?

You can always make a suggestion.

I've often wanted to award other members with a few points for services they've rendered.
People have helped me research something I was looking for, and chissler made my avatar for me.
It would have been nice to slide a few points into their accounts as a way of saying thank-you.

Like you said about the WATS vote, it would be nice to have a button that would transfer 100 or so points to another member when you wanted to reward them for something. Maybe even limit it to 5 transactions a month so it wouldn't be abused.

It would give us something else to do with the points we have.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Points exist and are attainable. But those dag nabbit staff members actually ask us to do a bit of the leg work. ...Imagine!

In the recent avatar competition, just today, we gave out 17,000 BTS points. All that the members had to do was create an avatar. Not too much to ask for.

How about this one?

Win 250,000 Points: What Are The Top-5 9/11 Conspiracies?

Or how about up to 15,000 points for the What Happened Next Writing Contest?

Quality posts on Above Politics can come with a reward of 1500 points. Posts can be Applauded more than once, and it happens! Our Super-Mod Majic has been keeping an eye on threads lately and has been offering up Applauses! for his "Featured Topics".

Big efforts, Big rewards!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I've often wanted to award other members with a few points for services they've rendered.

Oh man, I really wanted to let that comment slide...but evil Willard is here today!

I can just picture an ATS street corner, red light softly glimmering off the wet pavement. A furtive glance, as a member walks up to and asks "So, how much for a good, hard conspiracy theory..."

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Are the mods givin' stuff away?

Is this the "Post Your Request" thread?

Well, since I'm kinda hungry right now, I'll take a Double Cheseburger, Large Order of French Fries, and a large Strawberry Milkshake.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join