It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Defense Minister:UFO Technology To Stop Climate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Paul Hellyer is at it again. For those of you that don't know who this is:

After a retired U.S. Air Force General confirmed to Hon. Paul Hellyer that the 1947 Roswell UFO crash took place, Hellyer went public about what he knows of the cover-up. He says that he spoke out because the policy implications affect every nation on Earth. He suggests that the world community should find ways to establish contact with advanced civilizations to find out what we can learn from them that will help us save our planet, save our civilization from coming global environmental challenges caused by climate change.

en.wikipedia.org...

When the Liberals returned to power in the 1963 election, Hellyer became Minister of National Defence in the cabinet of Lester B. Pearson. This was the most notable period in Hellyer's career. As Minister of Defence, he oversaw the controversial integration and unification of the Royal Canadian Navy, Canadian Army, the and the Royal Canadian Air Force into a single organization, the Canadian Forces.

ATS Discussions:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So what is he talking about this time? UFO's and.... climate change?

A former Minister of National Defense of Canada believes that advanced technology from extraterrestrial civilizations could help all nations put an end to our addiction to oil, and reduce greenhouse gases.
Relating to climate change and extraterrestrial civilizations' advanced non-polluting technologies, Hellyer said:

"What I want is what a lot of the members of the Exopolitics Institute want, is to try and make contact and say: 'What can we learn from you that will help us save our planet, save our civilization, reduce some of the disparity between the wealthiest people in the world and the poorest, and give us more abundant life for everyone here."

In June 2006, Hellyer was the keynote speaker at a world peace conference in Hawaii. Speaking about climate change, advanced technology retrieved from extraterrestrial civilizations, and the lucrative oil industry, he said:

"The financial stakes couldn't be higher, but they still pale in comparison to saving the planet for the benefit of future generations. There is no doubt that the adjustment in moving away from oil dependency would be unprecedented. But it doesn't have to be accomplished overnight... By international agreement it could be done over 10, 20, or even 30 years, and that would be fast enough to save the planet from disaster."

Video Presentations:
video.google.com...
video.google.ca...
video.msn.com...
video.google.com...
video.google.ca...

Source Article:
www.prweb.com...

This guy blows my mind. On one hand I want to think of him as a legit guy who held power and can possibly get information out. But he sounds insane at times.

Hope you all find it interesting

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Dulcimer]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Bump !

The guy made for some good discussion the last time.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm not holding my breath.
Interesting, yes. Very.
Believable ? Ummm..

Waiting,
Lex

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's not likely going to happen. The threat of mass public hysteria would cripple the governments of the world, and they would have to give some kind of explanation as to how they're going to defend their countries from an invasion as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
First I was impressed about what Hellyer told us. But think twice. Ok, he was a big shot in military defence. But as far as I know he never had access to any top secret information that would prove the presence of ETs. He is not a first hand witness either

He just became a BELEIVER after reading Corso's "the Day after Roswell" Would be the same if I read the Bible and go out and tell the people this book is based on facts.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Exactly. He has stated that he has no inside info on the existence of alien technology, but started to believe after he retired. He's just another "believer" with nothing to back it up really.

I would expect more evidence from the Former Defence Chief, wouldn't you?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Fox news just had a short piece on this. They showed the former Defense Minister and a picture of a ufo together, they were saying that this man thinks they should use alien tech. they have to sstop global warming and this would do away with the need for fossil fuels.

HMMMMMMMMM.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by observe50]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Fox news just had a short piece on this.

Did they report the story seriously or were they sarcastic and dismissive?

I'm guessing it was the latter, especially since it was on Fox...

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Please post a video clip of him on Fox News if you can...

I was reading about him on wikipedia and I think it said that he and his wife witnessed a UFO firsthand...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The story made front page of Yahoo.ca

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I like where this is heading. If more and more officials step forward with this type of information, its ony a matter of time before the big wigs decide that..we can handle it. I think a lot of people would like to know as it may give everyone a different perspective on life. It may send the religious into a nose-dive, but then again the ET's may have some great uplifiting info regarding religion as well. You never know.

3 different threads on this same topic.
...and I made one of them!

I guess that's what happens when Yahoo actually posts something on the front page...hysteria!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This news was posted 4 days ago on Yahoo News and it's still the #1 emailed story and 8th most viewed story! THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING!!!!!! That is simply amazing.

Click here to see:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

I didn't see this video posted here yet. FO Contact - Former Canadian Defence Minister - Disclosure 2011

top topics

join