It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S300 system Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have been trying to find information on Russian deployment of the s300 suface to air system in Iran. I seem to be having no luck! If they are as a nation under direct pressure of US air attack would it not make sence to get this top of the line system?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It would seem that they don't have the S-300, which is why you're not having luck finding any info. I'm sure they'd like to have it, but thusfar, there isn't any evidence that Russia has sold the system to them.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
According to this article, there are s-300 missile batteries operating in Iran, operated by joint crews.

www.newsmax.com...

To make matters worse, Pentagon officials quietly confirmed that Russia has also sold S-300 missiles to Iran.

According to defense intelligence officials, joint Russian/Iranian crews currently man two S-300 units just outside of Tehran and Iranian Army soldiers are now undergoing operational training on the advanced missile system in Moscow.

I don't know if it's true or not, it's just news.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That article was from Feb 2001. I'm not sure if it has since been discredited, or if it's currently accurate.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Many threads asking this on many forums including here previously. I'm sure that Iran doesn't have S-300, and as others can attest, I've had a golly good look. Maybe they're hiding them behind the sofa.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just read about that russian guy falling out of his house, something to do with s3oo arms sales. Maybe the iranians are looking to get one soon?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
it either they dont have those, or they have like only 1 or 2 of them

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Many thanks, I have had no luck with trying to find out. If they dont have it I bet they wont it...lol

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
Many threads asking this on many forums including here previously. I'm sure that Iran doesn't have S-300, and as others can attest, I've had a golly good look. Maybe they're hiding them behind the sofa.

Imagine that!
A 'Sofa TEL' !!

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well I am sure Iran has some, also pretty sure US pilots are quite familiar what to do against S300s also

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think if Iran have s300 it will keep it as secret as possible because if USA and Israel attacked Iran knowing that there is s300 or any system strong as it, it will take all the necessary measures to find a way to destroy them at first then attack what they wanted .but if they did not know there is s300 , Iran can make their first attack (by air fighters ) fail completely and destroy there plans in the process and the first attack will be a fly by to hell for their pilots, and it will destroy almost all of their fighters and it would make a very big blow to their air superiority .

new topics

top topics

join