It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Sadr: Baghdad Security Plan is Doomed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Al-Sadr: Baghdad Security Plan is Doomed

Source Link: news.yahoo.com

The leader of Iraq's biggest Shiite militia complained Sunday that bombs "continue to explode" in Baghdad and that U.S.-led security crackdown is doomed to fail, issuing a statement the same day a suicide attacker struck outside a college campus, killing at least 41 people.

Many Shiites believe that bombings have continued because the Shiite-led government bowed to American pressure and persuaded the radical cleric Muqtada al-Sadr to take his Mahdi Army fighters off the streets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Sadr is the only person who can control Baghdad. I have actually talked to the man myself (well, to be honest I said "hello" to him once while he was visiting our camp.) The people there adore him. His father was killed by Sadam for supporting the US and now he (Sadr Jr.) has attained hero status. I actually still have a picture of Sadr Sr. in my wallet to this day.

We (2/2 Cavalry) actually had an uneasy truce, a bit of cooperation, with Sadr. The 1st Cav. came to replace us in 2004 with a “stir up the hornets nest” attitude like a bunch of wanna be cowboys and we had to sit in Kuwait waiting for a ride home watching news reports that 1st Cav and Sadr were mixing it up. Our year of hard work building relationships and kissing babies washed down the drain in one week.

Not that any of that applies, just brought back memories is all.

ape

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
if he is so honorable why does he abandon his country and flee to iran and why does his army dissolve? instead why not help with the crackdown of violence? why? because he encourages it.

all of these clerics and mullahs are cowards, they preach jihad and martrdom against america yet wont even dream to strap anything on themselves, they encourage young children to give their lives while they live lavishly with protection. I would like to see all of these cowards and chicken #s live by example for once.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by ape]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ape
if he is so honorable why does he abandon his country and flee to iran and why does his army dissolve?

Who siad he was honorable?

all of these clerics and mullahs are cowards, they preach jihad and martrdom against america yet wont even dream to strap anything on themselves

They werent preaching those things pre-invasion.

they encourage young children to give their lives while they live lavishly with protection. I would like to see all of these cowards and chicken #s live by example for once.

Kind of reminds me of our American leaders. I didnt share a fox hole with Bush and dont know of anyone who did. Not that I would expect to; every army needs leaders. Some can lead, and if they die we are left with a world of followers.

Lets think things through, huh?

new topics

top topics

join