It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate Declaration: Rockpuck, Libertarian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Rockpuck for President

I, Rockpuck, hereby declare that I am running for the office of President of The United States and are running for the Libertarian party.

In short, my platform is simple:
I stand by the peoples rights, the states rights and the cutting back of the over extended federal government and its intrusion into our lives.

To expand:
What my strongest point is in running and what I would do most to change is the over extended power and the corruption of the powers of the federal government. I wish to see that the Republic stands firm under the conditions in which they where founded, I wish to see the people choose the decisions that guide their life via state and local elections, not through a big power base to pass a law and blanket the nation. The most dangerous thing in the world is a government that expands to fast, and our has expanded beyond belief, especially under this current administration. Education is a joke, we are the laughing stock of the industrial world, our economy is unbalanced, there is the super rich and they are getting richer and there is the middle class which is being strained and unsupported. We have wars that are being fought and no one knows why..

What we need is a return to our Republic way of life, where people vote on social issues through state and local elections.. because people in Maine are different then people in California, we are a huge nation with a very disperse population.. the power needs to lie in the states and not the federal government.

As a candidate for this office, running on this website, I promise the following:

I will uphold the Terms & Conditions of AboveTopSecret.com at all times

I will conduct a campaign that focuses on issues

I will seek to always answer issue-based questions with direct honesty and integrity

I will not, through my actions, communicate libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates in the primaries or general election

I will not, through my inaction, allow libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates to be made on my behalf

I will participate in every debate and avail myself to questions from the general population

If selected in a primary election, I will accept the nomination to run for my party for The President of The United States and select a capable running mate for my Vice President

I understand that if I fail to live up to the higher standards described herein, I may voluntarily or forcibly be required to end my candidacy or Presidency if elected.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Rockpuck,
You have a good basis for running and I very much support it. A couple of questions, however.

The "war" and future "wars" are essentially a part of the presidents job description. What are your views?

[edit on 2/25/2007 by Mahree]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Questions for the potential future president of the USA -

1 - Your stand on the rights of Americans to own and bear arms....

2 - Your stand on abortion laws ....

3 - Your stand on changing the Constitution to exclude gay marriage .....

4 - Your economic platform ....

5 - Your stand on the 'death tax' .....

6 - Your stand on the war in Iraq and how/when (IF?) to end it .....

7 - Your stand on our security wall on the southern US border (and then on the Northern border?) ...

8 - Your stand on other security issues such as security in our ports etc ...

9 - Your stand on intelligence gathering within the USA in regards to terrorism and constitutional rights -

10 - Your VP and cabinet appointments? (any for me?
Just teasing on that )

11 - Your education in America fix? (or does it need it?) Your thoughts on what to do with 'no child left behind'....

12 - Your policy for foreign aid and 'forgiving debts' .....

13 - What federal funding, if any, would you put into medical research etc etc? Including FETAL stem cell use yes or no??

14 - Afghanistan? Your policy there ....

15 - Oil companies, pharmacuticals, etc etc? Any thoughts in that area as far as your administration goes?

16 - The United Nations .... Your policy and thoughts in regards to that and how your administration would deal with them??

17 - Amnesty for illegals or send them back (anchor babies and all)??

18 - NASA ... further funding, more funding, less funding, a complete change ??? What would you and your administration support in this area?

19 - ANWAR ... drill or not drill? Alaska's state right to drill (they want to) or will your administration forbid it due to the possibilty that the Refuge could be damaged in the future?

20 - Alternative energies .... Solar, wind mill farms, etc ... what are your thoughts and plans in this area to make us no longer at the mercy of anti-American oil rich countires?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Rockpuck

After reading your post in the thread, "Announcing the AboveTopSecret.com 2007 Election for President of the United States."

I found your derogatory remark about thelibra disgusting.

I can no longer support your bid for President of the United States.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
FlyersFan..

1 - Your stand on the rights of Americans to own and bear arms....

It is every CITIZENS right to arm them selves, or to go unarmed. It is limited to naturalized American citizens and no one else. The federal government cannot impede upon a personal right of arming them selves, cannot limit sales of any kind of firearm, cannot make blanket laws regarding the uses of fire arms. The local level and state level can decide upon concealment laws, permit laws, age restrictions and where a firearm may be discharged.

2 - Your stand on abortion laws ....

Tough question! .. It is a personal choice regardless, and the federal government cannot make any laws regarding the issue as it is a morally based issue which the government has no right in discussing. At local levels laws can be passed based upon a majority vote on whether or not it should be legal or not, and any restrictions. I personally feel it is a womens choice, I as a man have no right to discuss another womens body. I do however think their ought to be limitations, such as if it is a repeating occurance you should be fined heavily or refused operation. Also the government should offer no funds, support, tax breaks or any other kind of encouragement to abortion.

3 - Your stand on changing the Constitution to exclude gay marriage .....

STATE constitutions may be changed to outline the issue of gay marriage if desired, the federal government has no place in desiding who has the right to marriage. The baring of gay marriage is an ilegal act as it segregates a population of CITIZENS and denys them rights granted to anyone else. The fact that gay marriage harms no one, is a life style, and is a personal issue that mostly takes place in the home where the government has no right to be. I don't think however that gays should have the RIGHT to be married in a church, and if they do it has to be the churches wish to allow it.. but the government CANNOT make a church enforce gay marriage.

In short, no the constitution cannot be changed to exclude a group for any reason. No the government cannot deny a couple the BENEFITS of marriage based on sexual orientation. I honestly leave it to states to decide, but if one state allows it all states have to recognize it.

4 - Your economic platform ....

It is the governments responsibility to protect us against the power of the corporations and the banking establishments, tougher excess profit taxes, possible legislation baring outrageous corporate bonuses and tax benefits to companies that give larger regular pay increases. I would also like to see a much stronger stance against trade with China, and their immoral practices, including a blanket boycott on any company found to produce products in near slave conditions. Much stronger tarrifs on Chinese goods, and economic punishments for corporations that outsource, slapping them with tarrifs that equal the taxes they tried to run from here in the states. While being a Libertarian and believing the government should stay out of much of our lives, corporations are so powerful that is left unchecked could do serious harm to the people of this country.

5 - Your stand on the 'death tax' .....

If my father where to die the government gets half of everything, now I am sure he was taxed to death in life, why should the government be privy to his belonging after death? The Deathtax is nothing more then the government stealing your money.

6 - Your stand on the war in Iraq and how/when (IF?) to end it .....

Tough one! .. The war was started under a disguise, its real purpose unknown, though that is now irrelevant. The war was started and it will be finished. I propose pulling all troops to the outskirts of the cities, or out of Iraq even and allow the civil war to progress and take its toll, then move back in after they cut their own numbers down and restore order. I also propose a full support campaign in forming a free and independent Kurdistan, offering military protection from Turkey, Syria and Iran is attacked, also more economic aid and possibly a free trade agreement with them. The troops will stay in Iraq until the job is done, not a moment before. Even if it means adding thousands more.

7 - Your stand on our security wall on the southern US border (and then on the Northern border?) ...

On the Southern Border I have a new plan. For every illegal alien caught on American territory the Mexican government will be charged $10,000. If the money is not paid for every alien captured severe economic sanctions should be placed upon the country. The national guard should continue building a fence along the entire border, more funding for agencies like ICE and border patrol. Severe economic punishments for states that have amnesty programs, and for any state that allows mass public demonstrations of illegal aliens shall have severe economic punishments for treason. We need to be TOUGH on protecting our sovereignty and our dignity, and while Mexico laughs at our plight, with my program there will be no more laughing. If our new programs don't work in the states, the economic fall out will surly spure Mexico to fix the problems.

8 - Your stand on other security issues such as security in our ports etc ...

Increase the funding, offer more protection, more Coast Guard financing to protect our borders.

9 - Your stand on intelligence gathering within the USA in regards to terrorism and constitutional rights -

The United States Government has NO right to spy on citizens regardless of their intentions. The government CAN spy on you if your engaging in conversation with someone that is not a citizen as a byproduct of spying on the non national. Wire tapping schemes and other gathering tools are unconstitutional and should be stopped, only in the cases of American Citizens. HOWEVER the CIA or any other agency CAN spy on ORGANIZATIONS regardless if their American or not. If a mosque is suspected then the ENTIRE congregation is eligible for observance.

10 - Your VP and cabinet appointments? (any for me? Just teasing on that )

Sorry I have not decided on a VP
You can be my Secretary of Agriculture!
JK

11 - Your education in America fix? (or does it need it?) Your thoughts on what to do with 'no child left behind'....

Lets be frank. The federal government is a what? Its a bureaucracy .. plain and simple.. are bureaucracies good at managing people as people and personalities? .. hell no! .. heres my simple fix to education in America. REMOVE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL for the FEDERAL government to be involved in education because it is NOT listed in the constitution!! .. It really isn't look it up. Allow the states to make the rules. Let the states give money out equally to every school, with bureaucratic cut backs and a severe budget revisal there should be BILLIONS of extra income to give to education. All citizens deserve academy quality education regardless of class and race. Education should receive the largest percentage of our tax income.. also all universities and colleges regardless of prestige excluding private schools should be 100% free. Education is a god given right, your economic status should not hamper your desire for higher learning, and a free system without federal mandate control should be of the utmost quality.

12 - Your policy for foreign aid and 'forgiving debts' .....

Give aid to those who deserve it, cut aid to those who produce war, forgive no debts.

13 - What federal funding, if any, would you put into medical research etc etc? Including FETAL stem cell use yes or no??

When ever religion is mixed with science, religion holds it back. The federal government is a SECULAR system that should not recognize ANY religion when deciding issues. Stem Cell Research is advanced technology that should not be hampered with by religions. There should be an increase in federal funding for AIDS research and other serious diseases, including SCR (Stem Cell Research) as possible cures.

14 - Afghanistan? Your policy there ....

Was a retaliatory attack, we do not and cannot nation build, they where punished for their ways and thats that, now we should leave. Iraq because it was a blunder is a responsibility.

15 - Oil companies, pharmacuticals, etc etc? Any thoughts in that area as far as your administration goes?

Make all medication from foreign countries legal with no tarifs, as long as they pass safety concerns, and Oil companies I honestly think should be a nationalized industry, given the need for it and how much we depend on it, an industry like that driven for profit creates a beast, Exxon and such should not get such large profits from a commodity.

16 - The United Nations .... Your policy and thoughts in regards to that and how your administration would deal with them??

The UN is a relic that does not serve our needs, we should abandon the UN. My administration should not have to deal with anyone, the United States serves its self not the UN's.

17 - Amnesty for illegals or send them back (anchor babies and all)??

Send them back, babies and all. They can however come back legally if they wish, including school and work visas, which should be increased from their current levels.

[edit on 2/25/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Continued...

18 - NASA ... further funding, more funding, less funding, a complete change ??? What would you and your administration support in this area?

A complete reconstruction should take place, redesign NASA from the outside in. America was once the proud pioneer of space and science, now we sit on the back burner just flowing along and making little astounding progress. Increase the funding for NASA which should include a new major adition to general science research as well, much like the CERN facility in Europe, and bring America back to the center stage in the world of science, research and exploration.

19 - ANWAR ... drill or not drill? Alaska's state right to drill (they want to) or will your administration forbid it due to the possibilty that the Refuge could be damaged in the future?

If Alaska wishes to drill on its soil, the federal government cannot impede upon their desires so long as they maintain our ecological standards.

20 - Alternative energies .... Solar, wind mill farms, etc ... what are your thoughts and plans in this area to make us no longer at the mercy of anti-American oil rich countries?

This can be included in my NASA proposal. Increase the general research for all sciences, including new energy types. There should be big tax breaks for corporations that bring about new technologies that can make our world better, such as a hydrogen car, we should reward corporations and inspire competitions to get the rewards bolstering a new rise in a economic and ecologically friendly technologies.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree
Rockpuck

After reading your post in the thread, "Announcing the AboveTopSecret.com 2007 Election for President of the United States."

I found your derogatory remark about thelibra disgusting.

I can no longer support your bid for President of the United States.

I do hope your joking. Look in your history books and find out who I was impersonating!
(A presidential candidate literally wanted to accuse his rival of having sex with animals, not because he could prove it, but to see him try and publicly deny them. Find out who im talking about
)

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No questions for the so far only declared Libertarian. Most people running are running on left wing tickets.
Feel free to ask me anything thats on your mind!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Do you agree with the Libertarians' stance on legalizing and/or decriminalizing all drugs? If so, how would you implement the new policy?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If the Moon was made out of spare ribs, would you eat it?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Rockpuck for president!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I apologize if this issue was discussed already. But I read through all the posts and didn't see anything. What are your feelings on foreign affairs?

Do you agree with the libertarian parties... Well... Belief that we should never get involved in foreign affairs?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Do you agree with the Libertarians' stance on legalizing and/or decriminalizing all drugs? If so, how would you implement the new policy?

I would authorize a study to determine whether or not marijuana is harmful to the health, whether it impairs the mind while driving, things like that.. IF it comes to be no more dangerous then alcohol I would have no problem with legalizing it, so long as it was INDUSTRIALIZED .. growing a plant in your backyard would still be illegal, selling it your self would still be illegal, exactly like alcohol. the age requirement would be 18, there would be an extensive tax on its sale. ALL drugs that are known to leave extensive damage like Coke, Meth, Heroin, '___' and any other mind altering drug will remain illegal, punishments will remain the same.

It is your right to do as you wish to your own body, HOWEVER, it is the governments obligation to protect you, and in some cases protect you from your self my banning substances. It is best for society and us as a people to continue to discourage the use of these harmful drugs.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
I apologize if this issue was discussed already. But I read through all the posts and didn't see anything. What are your feelings on foreign affairs?

Do you agree with the libertarian parties... Well... Belief that we should never get involved in foreign affairs?

I believe it to a certain extent. If we have allies being attacked, we should attack, if we are in desperate need of a resource, in war or peace time, we should attack. We should not engage in unprovoked affairs, we should withdraw all world wide bases, we should break away from the decrepit UN, we should also break off from NATO as they no longer serve our purposes as well. We should only get involved in another nations internal affairs if it has a direct link to our security or way of life. We should stop meddling in other nations governments through CIA to spark revolts etc. It should ALWAYS be America first.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Rock, you do realize, that your stance on drugs, you just went against
half of what libertarianism is, right?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'll be asking all candidates this.

What is your opinion the current election age, that is having to be at least
35 to become president, should it be lowered, raised or stay the same?

What are your thoughts on the requirement that one must be born in the
United States to become president, should it be changed or stay the
same?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I'll be asking all candidates this.

What is your opinion the current election age, that is having to be at least
35 to become president, should it be lowered, raised or stay the same?

What are your thoughts on the requirement that one must be born in the
United States to become president, should it be changed or stay the
same?

First I do not follow party lines. No democrat should be pure liberal, no Republican pure conservative, why should I have to be pure Libertarian? I stand by what I said, and if you don't like me running as my self and not as a party then please, don't vote for me.

The age should be the same, it is an age that can guarentee that you have at least some experience, and a chance to have been a servant of the people perhaps, and at least have some kind of education.

Only Americans should be allowed to run for any office, from mayors to Presidents. Me and the governor of California would have some problems there.
It is America, it should be run by Americans.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
First I do not follow party lines. No democrat should be pure liberal, no Republican pure conservative, why should I have to be pure Libertarian? I stand by what I said, and if you don't like me running as my self and not as a party then please, don't vote for me.

Oh, no, I don't vote based on party.
I was just saying, you will lose the votes of those that are voting more
on part lines though, actually just trying to be helpful.

Only Americans should be allowed to run for any office, from mayors to Presidents. Me and the governor of California would have some problems there.
It is America, it should be run by Americans.

Ok, just to clarify something.

Say you have someone who was not born in the U.S., and moved here at 7, and has lived here since, and has assimilated, and than you have someone who was born here, but moved out fo the country at 2 and lived in some other country, but moved back here 3 years ago, and is not really assimilated.

Which one should be president?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Legally the man born in America and moved away would be a legal candidate. I would not vote for him, and I doubt many others would. Especially if he had a british accent or something
the guy born out of the country, moved here, then no hes not American by birth. If hes not an America he cannot be President.

Why should that change?

Are you saying you have no desire to protect American soverignty?

A foriegner has NO place being President of the American people. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I agree with Rockpuck, we don't know what sort of people are coming into our country. There are brainwashing and espionage techniques, and that would endanger our government, unlikely as this situation may be, to this danger at the highest level.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join