It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Russia help Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Will Russia help Iran

Source Link:

If the US attacks Iran soon what will Russia do to aid them? Stand back or help with aid?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sorry its not breaking news, I must be dumb!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well i think that whatever happens Russia will help Iran, wheather they
admit it or not. Sort of like Vietnam. with Russia and the NVA. I think
i dont know
They do have vested interests in Iran. who knows.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes thats about what I feel, Do you know of any Russian troop movments towards iran? Hardware sort of thing?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
no i havent heard of any movement of Russin troops. But i havent been
trying to keep up on that side of the deal. who knows might be interesting to check in on that.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Russia is virtually powerless, therefore I find it very very hard to see them posing a major threat in the international arena. especially since the united nations is on our side this time.....

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I know what are they really going to do? I think their kinda low on cash aswell.
Iran will still be stuck with the bill for all the work the Ruskiez been doing on their nuclear proggy. When it all comes down.
I heard on fox news, thay were late on those payments aswell. thay deny the claim.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
May I ask why you feel Russia is powerless? Do they not stand to lose many economic gains if the US attacks? With regards Id123

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Russia actually has little to lose if Iran is attacked - oil prices will rise rapidly, pumping lots of cash into Russia's economy. And, as in Iraq, Russia has little reason to mourn should it see the US have to grind up it's forces in another Persian Gulf disaster.

I would be surprised to see any overt Russian support for Iran should hostilities commence, covert support wouldn't surprise me though, and not just from Russia. Much of the world has good reason to desire to see the US taken down a notch or two, regardless of their feelings about Iran.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
Russia is virtually powerless, therefore I find it very very hard to see them posing a major threat in the international arena. especially since the united nations is on our side this time.....

Russia is not be any means 'powerless' and i never ceases to amaze me how many people have been fooled into believing this.

More specifically....

MOSCOW 2 Oct. (IPS) Iranian Defence Minister Admiral Ali Shamkhani and his Russian counterpart Sergei Ivanov signed a joint defence and military co-operation pact and immediately assured that the agreement is not a threat to other nations.

No third country will be threatened through the defense and military co-operation of the two countries", the Iranian Minister said Tuesday after signing the accord, estimated by Russian experts at seven billions US Dollars.

"Russia and Iran in practice, and not in words, are fighting this plague of the century" the Russian Defence Minister added, referring to the US-led international coalition aimed at "uprooting" terrorism.

www.iran-press-service.com...

I am not sure what he intended to say in the bolded paragraph ( or if he said exactly what he intended to) but it seems they are unhappy about the 'coalitions' actions in Afghanistan.

Does this in political correct speak mean Iran and Russia have a mutual defense pact?

Stellar

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The Russian economy is somewhat depended on Iranian gas and oil. plus they share the same interests in setting the west back.

my personal opinion and i am pretty sure of it, is that WHEN not if Iran is attacked by either the u.s or Israel possibly both, all hell will break loose. world war 3 will erupt.

i think you will also see china play a military role with Russia and Iran also Venezuela, Syria and Lebanon

now lets put it into context basically you will have the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) against NATO forces.

and with the new entrance of tactical nukes, its not going to be a good sight. i think the east will take the win though. (and yes i know no body wins in war) but war is war. the Iranian military alone consists of 1.5 million revolutionary guard and can summon 12 million basij soldiers within 48 hours. also i am pretty sure that iran already posses nuclear weapons via the weapons black market after the fall of the soviet union which had 7000 warheads.

new topics

top topics

join