It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Win Carling Cup Final

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The current champions and 2 time winners of the FA Premiership, showed there superior experience in a exhilirating cup final which had everything a final should have, passion from both sides.

Chelsea win cup after late fracas

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Terry recovers after head injury

Good news on Terry I guess they couldn't keep him away from the celebrations.

Chelsea have yet to concede defeat of the Premiership to ManU and are in the running for both the FA Cup and Champions League, lets keep our fingers crossed.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Koka]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Good result for Chelsea, at least they will get one piece of silverwear this season. Even if its the cup that no top team really wants to win anymore.

I watched the game today and over the 90 mins, Arsenal deserved the win. The big difference between the sides was Drogba, who was Chelsea's best player by far.

The way Man United are playing, theres no way Chelsea will be doing the treble. Man United have the best chance of winning the treble without a doubt. They actually look as good a side as the 99' treble winning side.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I guttingly missed the first 24 minutes, I know, how can I consider myself a fan, am thrashing myself with a birch as penance.

It appears Arsenal had command of the 1st half, but thought it pretty even stevens in the 2nd. Drogba deserved man of the match without a doubt and my heart stopped when Terry went down.

I am a man than can admit the weaker points of Chelsea and accept that ManU are a superior team at the moment, but the season has yet to end.

p.s. I knew my post would drag somebody out of the wood work, thought it might have been a Gooner though.......:w:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Koka, i'm not a Man U supporter.. West ham fan

I just like watching most teams play on the TV as i just love football.

Your right though, there still is a way to go yet and its not impossible for Chelsea to win all four trophy's. I just can't see it happening the way Man U are playing at the moment.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Arsenal have a young team and did well, and Theo should be in the england squad.

Chelsea´s finishing was the deciding factor, Drogba´s header was brilliant.

Chelsea should enjoy it while it lasts, they´ll be mediocre agains soon.:bash:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Chelsea did well to win the game, I thought for a large part of the game Arsenal were the better team. And again Drogba rescuing Chelski.

I think Chelsea are getting back to their best, but i think its too late in the season. Losing Terry at Xmas time tottaly wrecked them.

Although in the league, what is it... 9 points difference, Chelsea have a game in hand... And Man Utd are to travel to Stamford Bridge. I think Chelsea can beat them, and Mourinho does have the better head to head battle against Fergie. And I hope it happens that way as it will make an excellent end to the season.

It would be quite nice to see Arsenal pop up and win the league but I can't see it happening.

top topics

join