It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Crossbows - What type?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
For me its still the good ole' crossbow.

I've customised mine and got a sling on it.
If SitX comes I know I'd rather be wielding a Xbow than an air rifle. Large game is scarce but that's not what I'd have it for, it'd be as a deterrant against the two-legged form of attacker!

It'll pierce armour and do major damage compared to a measily pellet.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boyznblue999

hi i have just bought a barnett predator crossbow i am also putting together my own survival kit i have also bought a nbc gas mask s10 and body armour just incase it dose kick off in 2012 i am all so looking into safe places to go like the scotish highlands for a porper survival kit you will need a medi pack too a hydration pack anyways if you want to talk more i would love to discuss this with you

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

Please be advised that tbestcrossbows.co.uk based in the USA and is selling dangerous and fake items, they are being investigated by more than one UK authority and hopefully they will be shut down. If you are unsure check the quality of their website, try calling them or check their terms to see if they comply with the UK Distance Selling Regulations. Do not waste your money, if you have been duped simply return the goods to the address stated (its empty) and demand a refund through the Paypal resolution centre.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The thing about crossbows is you can make your own from a car spring.

There is floating around on the net the plans for one from a 1950s popular mechanics magazine.

When i was a kid a number of us built them. So many around where I lived the cops were freaking out and i lived in a rural area where a lot of kids had pellet guns.

We had some powerful enough to drive a bolt through a car door.

I have heard of people using the bows from a bow-flex weight lifting machine to build a modern version that was powerful enough to take deer

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
interresting.. situation at the continent isnt different.

After the kill, whats next ?

Can someone with real expirience tell?

Doves, rabits, birds, squirrels and such.. cooked directly or do they need special theatment ?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Leaf spring cross bow:

I really need to get around to making one of these.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Auto-bows:

Ok, that ones a special effects joke actually.

But these are cool:

[edit on 16-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
anything without pulleys. Too many moving parts to get screwed up. Better yet,a bow. recurve, long bow.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join