It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Generals will 'quit' if Bush orders an Iran Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Originally posted by marg6043

Is all about support specially on a war with Iran

We are not ( the U.S. ) at war with Iran.
Let's not push issues, please.

Lex

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

Lex

Yes I should say the bush administration and the state of Israel at war with Iran.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Lex

Yes I should say the bush administration and the state of Israel at war with Iran.

Marg, what I think he means is that war has not been declared yet and that at this stage it is only speculation. At this stage there is no false flag or cassus belli.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Dessell,
I bow to you.
Thanks for clarifying my response to Marg.

Lex

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

At war, eh ?
That requires a declaration, I think.
Have that, in writing, or, is that an opinion ?

Wondering,
Lex

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
lex, i applaud your courage to serve your country it takes lots of balls and, no i would not be happy and may find myself unwilling to consider thinking i was used as a pawn

ever read a book called behold a pale horse

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Cpdaman,
Ever spend 19 months in a S. American country, and come back 4 ranks lower ?

Instead of reading books ( which I applaud ), try doing it, in real life.

Lex

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It's remarkable to see so many opinions of how the miliatry operates from so many persons who have never served and clearly don't have a clue. Likely, some of these people also don't bother to vote either because their vote "doesn't matter".

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
the world is messed up

you are lied to , you beleive the lies, and then u gotta understand/realize that most everybody does/has beleived this b.s to some degree until they REALIZE they are ignorant by deception. deception that the elite have down to a SCIENCE

deception that when it has been tried to be uncovered causes people to disappear, if you have balls to go to war (no doubt balls are needed for this) than u should have the balls to question your own beleifs even if this leaves you a little vulnerable and po'd at certain people/fractions u trusted

[edit on 25-2-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
Has everyone forgotten what but only one man can do?

What did he do, besides getting executed 14 days later?

Meanwhile, many students apparently were shouting, "Why are you killing us?" By 5:40AM the following morning, the Square had been cleared.

The Preparatory Committee of Autonomous Associations of Tsinghua University claimed that 4,000 died and 30,000 were injured.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would also like to make a suggestion that this is not the same military that was here ten or more years ago, just in seven years I have seen quite abit of change. So I would say unless you have been in the military recently and been to Iraq and Afghanistan your not on a stable platform to say how the current military operates. It would all be speculation and opinion.

I have been to both Iraq and Afghanistan not as cook or some Fobbit MOS. I was in Iraq as a Tanker and then reenlisted changing my MOS to Military Police. The MPs are nothing like they used to be even as recently as the Gulf War, Bosnia, and Kososvo. They are used in a manner similar to Cavalry Scouts. In Shindand, Afghanistan our battallion replaced the Cav unit operating there.

This is my opinion based on experience of the situation in Afghanistan and Iraq. Shia and Sunni Iraq are not salvagable without some drastic and very unpopular actions, basically what we did to overcome the Philippine Insurrection. We would be called Nazis or worse if we followed that course, but it would work. Personally I would withdraw US forces into Kurdistan, Kuwait, and the Gulf States. There I would wait until Syria or Iran did anything stupid and when they did bomb them until they were no longer a threat.

Afghanistan can be saved. The biggest problem there is Anti Coalition Forces operating out of Pakistan and Pakistan not being helpful. I have seen this first hand. I suspect the ISI is doing exactly what it did in the 1980s during the Soviet Occupation, supplying and aiding the Mujahadeen.
The other problem is the Opium. It must be dealt with. It is a large source of corruption and income to the warlords. Overall though we can help them and they want our help unlike the Sunni and Shia Iraqis.

We should not abandon Afghanistan or the Kurds(Kurdistan)in Iraq. Thats my overall opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Mike,
Were you a DAT, or CDAT ?
I wasn't a REMF. And, I follow politics and the sit-ops.
Glad you made it home.

Lex

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Mike,
Were you a DAT, or CDAT ?
I wasn't a REMF. And, I follow politics and the sit-ops.
Glad you made it home.

Lex

I was a DAT. Tankers arn't really dumb though. We had exceptions of course.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Mike,
Not saying tankers were stupid.
Us turret guys had 'tudes, I know.

Did you have that " moment" during the recruiting thing, where they show
the inside of the turret, all nice and white, clean BDU's, quiet...
and think "YES" ?

I did.

Lex

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Mike,
Not saying tankers were stupid.
Us turret guys had 'tudes, I know.

Did you have that " moment" during the recruiting thing, where they show
the inside of the turret, all nice and white, clean BDU's, quiet...
and think "YES" ?

I did.

Lex

There were two things that had me. One was the film Patton I watched when I was around 6 and the first time I got in an Abrams, a regular M-1 at the local National Guard Armory when I was 8. My dad was friends with the CSM there and he let me get in the drivers hole and start it up. One of the greatest moments of my childhood.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Our Generals wouldn't leave their men behind like that

I highly doubt that they would resign.

Any who would don't deserve the uniform they wear.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Any who would (resign) don't deserve the uniform they wear.

So, you are saying that the uniform represents a corrupt hegemonistic government and if you don't go along with the evils perpetrated, you don't deserve to wear it?

The uniform is for those who fight unquestioningly wether it be right, or very wrong?
Only mindless robots deserve to be US generals.

Boy, I read a lot into your statement.

I'm sure you didn't mean to write what you did, did you?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
What did he do, besides getting executed 14 days later?

Did he or did he not prove that but only one man can do a lot. Through this post there has been the talk of "a handful of Generals wouldn't stop anything"... and furthermore, on talks with individuals in person on different topics... it's been asked, "What can I do, I'm only one person?"

Well, there ya go. Even if one person was able to stop a line of tanks, and that person was later executed, he still obtained his goal (even if unintentional) of showing people across the globe that they, as one single person, can do anything.

Originally posted by Royal76
Any who would don't deserve the uniform they wear.

Showing that type of mentallity is what implores those that are corrupt to continue their corruptness, because they won't be stopped.

Those in the military swore to uphold the Constitution, did they not? Those in the military are supposed to deny orders if in fact those orders are illegal, are they not?

Maybe by chance, those Generals (if they did say they would resign for whatever reason) feel an invasion/attack/war with Iran would be illegal, surely they would be correct in their position to resist. After all, more and more people every day are waking up to see the corrupt influence in the Bush Administration. If I were in their shoes, and I had a shred of doubt about the reason behing such an attack, I would definitely question it. I would personally implore every citizen of every nation to be completely against following anyone blindly.

Following blindly is kinda like assuming... and you know what happens when you assume.

[edit on 2/25/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

At war, eh ?
That requires a declaration, I think.
Have that, in writing, or, is that an opinion ?

Wondering,
Lex

you think such existing laws and requirements EXIST anymore within this government?

To Go to WAR with a country, you need a damn good reason.
Ie ' your countries future is in immediate danger '

Well, we declared war on Iraq when all that was , was lies.

So Iran?

It matters not wether we declare war or not,
Its clear that we have already targeted them...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
you think such existing laws and requirements EXIST anymore within this government?

To Go to WAR with a country, you need a damn good reason.
Ie ' your countries future is in immediate danger '

Well, we declared war on Iraq when all that was , was lies.

So Iran?

It matters not wether we declare war or not,
Its clear that we have already targeted them...

Acutally, yes, there are laws that exist today that you are referring to. Yes, it matters if we declare war or not. In fact, there was never a formal "declaration of war" against Iraq. Get your facts straight.

It will be up to the people to put a stop to the president and his infinite warmongering.

The president, according to the war powers act, can send troops wherever, for whatever reason he deems fit, but there's a timeframe of which to pull troops out... if war has not been declared.

The "blank check" authorizing bush to use military force in Iraq has the needed wording to bypass the war powers act. Which is why we're still there.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join