It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Generals will 'quit' if Bush orders an Iran Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't think its that the military don't have the stomach to attack Iran AT ALL.

The problem is that the military understands what resources it needs to pull of their jobs correctly and knows these resources aren't available and with the current way of things, most of the resources given to them are taken away from them by corporations like Haliburton etc, who are imho, impeding the optimal operations of the US military in the name of profiteering.

Second is that the US and all other western militaries are based on honor, service to the country and the warrior spirit.

They have lost great parts of their honor by the Iraq debacle and because recently in the US the military isn't comprised of the best and brightest anymore but has been polluted with criminals and gunho gangsters that were looking for a way out of the # they were in.
This all because of the laxing of rules for entry into the military to be able to keep recruitment numbers up.

The Bush administration is trying to make the US military do the dirty work that in the past was the CIA's pleasure of doing, the nasty and often illegal activities in ways of preemption and steering the world towards an agenda.

The military won't stand for it and is sick and tired of having its good name ruined by the decisions of the likes of Bush.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Of course britian wont do it grover, they surrendered in Iraq and went home with their tail tucked between their legs. Britain is not the issue, we know they have niether the will or the ability. I am talking about the US, not britain.

and the bush administration is stupid enough to think that we can.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If Bush go to war, the generals should just make a military coup, hang Bush and Cheney, and make elections. Stop the war, stop the lies, stop the massacre. And all of you neo-cons, first enlist in the army, then make a tour or 2 in Iraq, then you can talk about how war is good.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Of course britian wont do it grover, they surrendered in Iraq and went home with their tail tucked between their legs.

Why do I think they did this because Prince Harry is going there? OMG the Prince!
'That does it. let's just get out of the mess completely' (and save a Prince)

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If Bush go to war, the generals should just make a military coup, hang Bush and Cheney, and make elections. Stop the war, stop the lies, stop the massacre. And all of you neo-cons, first enlist in the army, then make a tour or 2 in Iraq, then you can talk about how war is good.

How conceivable is it to think that there would be a coup in the United States by the Military? Maybe it is the only chance to see the war criminals Bush and Co punished. They need to remember that they swore to defend the consitution. A coup would be one way to restore some pride back to the Military and country.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Toadmund]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

Originally posted by Vitchilo

How conceivable is it to think that there would be a coup in the United States by the Military? Maybe it is the only chance to see the war criminals Bush and Co punished. They need to remember that they swore to defend the consitution. A coup would be one way to restore some pride back to the Military and country.

A coup, no. Defections, desertions, absolutely. Our military continues to suffer from the lack necessary supplies and a number of them have seriously questioned the leadership in Washington. A few parents of those serving have told me morale is rapidly deteriorating in Iraq.

I suspect our soldiers would require definative proof that Iran is a threat to us before getting gung-ho and charging in there. I recall they were whipped into a fighting frenzy about four years ago.

Fool me once, Bush administration, shame on you...

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
if iran is going to test a nuke or throws on israel or another nation we might have no change. And if these generals are to quit then what kind of signal wil this give off.
We need plans to get Iran on our knees when they are not going to stop after several UN resolutions

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why is it everyone seems the only option for "dealing" with Iran is a military one? Because bush minor and his neo-con artists have a hair across their ass about Tehran we haven't even begun to attempt diplomacy. We have does at least that with North Korea.

All wars, all military actions are indictative of a failure at some level of diplomacy.

War should always be an act of last resort, not first choice. Only fools and bullies think otherwise.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

vitichilo
If Bush go to war, the generals should just make a military coup,

Anyone doing that can, will, and should be shot.

deessell
How conceivable is it to think that there would be a coup in the United States by the Military?

There is a zero percent chance of it happening. Our army ain't full of traitors. Anyone in the military even suggesting that such a thing should be done needs to be arrested and shot.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

Nygdan, If a president goes to war without the permission of congress and support of the people, he becomes a domestic enemy in breach of the Constitution of the United States.

What you say about Military having to be shot for even thinking or saying Bush should be overtrown for going ahead with a war thats, at this point, unconstitutional, your the traitor, not only of your country, but of the people that have sworn and given their lives to protect the constitution against enemies foreign and domestic.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Our army ain't full of traitors

nope but there have been many many signs that some inside our gov't are

and they are more loyal to multi national elitist groups than ordinary american citizens that they see as merely pawns that they manipulate to get a vote out of or brainwash through the media to have blind patriotism

the options we fact in the future aren't pretty

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
To all of you naysayers :
Are you now, or ever been in the military ?
Do you know the pride of raising your right hand, and serving your country ?
Do you know the rigours of military life ?

Have any of you, ANY of you cowardly, monday morning hypocrits EVER
had the nads to do anything other than criticize our country and government ?

It's easy to talk, bitch and complain. Easy.
It gets tough, when you actually have to do anything.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, and probably some type of ban,
but...

I am so sick of the yellow-belly people that talk the crap that I see in threads like this.

I served. I am proud of that damnit. PROUD !!

I am a proud vet,
Lex

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

US General will 'quit' if Bush orders an Iran Attack

Source Link: www.timesonline.co.uk

There are four or five generals and admirals we know of who would resign if Bush ordered an attack on Iran,”

this will be my second attempt at a reply...sheeze ats bb wizard server is wack.....(that's unless its actually the diabolical hand of censorship who is the culprit!!)

i'll give reason #1 of the two reasons i was trying to voice here...

One- the 4-5 resignitions may well be a 'Blessing-in-Disguise' as the military (along with civil service & foreign service) are all "Top Heavy",
there's too many 'chiefs' and not enough soldiers/GIs/grunts/ground pounders....let 'em quit!

if this post makes it through the ats gauntlet, i will try to post my 2nd point

[edit on 25-2-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

but...

I am so sick of the yellow-belly people that talk the crap that I see in threads like this.

I am a proud vet,
Lex

I may not have served, but I do have someone that I care about that is currently in the Military.

Lex, as a Veteran, can I ask you if you are so keen to go to war or are you less gung-ho? Also, as a proud defender of your country and of the Military, what are your thoughts on the current 'situation' with Iraq,Iran and Afghanistan?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This story smells bogus fog o'war propaganda, since it's coming from only the UK and Australia media and I have yet to see anything confirmed in the US about generals resigning.

The Pentagon has been gleefully drawing up attack Iran plans for 6 years now.
For Neocons, an Attack on Iran Has Been a Six-Year Project AlterNet

Oh how soon we forget the Gulf of Tonkin incident!

The US masses were fooled on Iraq, elected Bush twice and they shall be fooled again. Congress can't even pass a non-binding resolution against the Iraq surge, and people expect to stop an attack on Iran?!

Those mindless analogies about Bush going against corrupt Congress will become totally irrelevant, especially when the the US armed forces stages a provocation and Iran is seen as attacking first.

The stop an attack on Iran plan is not going to happen with this current the den of thieves and their crony corps, where as the common people have no monetary power to effect change.

Poor pot smokin' hippies of the 70's marching in DC had more motivation than today in regards to fomenting an opposition to war. People have voted on their couches and they vote to nuke Iran by staying on the couches.

Where's the bands? Where's the people?
What do we have now? Some Dixie Chicks?

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Has everyone forgotten what but only one man can do?

I'm glad to see that these Generals are going to (or at least stating they would) take a stand against the Commander in Chief and his belligerent warmongering.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Deessell,
Thank you for questions, and not flames.

Am I gung-ho.
Never thought of my-self like that. I made a vow to serve, and I did.
Would I, again ? Yes.

Our current situation.
Afghanistan : Need more productivity, there. More specialization, rather than the widespread mobility that is current.

Iraq : Continue to allow the new govt. to take control. Begin a slow, methodical decrease in U.S. and other military presence (sp).

Iran : Hasn't happened, yet. Lot of speculation. I won't comment on speculation.

That's how I see things.
I really hope I answered your questions.
Feel free to ask more.

Lex

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

I think that if we are going to invade Iran, then the generals will want the full support of the government as well as the american people and they just wont get it, so it is a bad idea.

Is this the same Xphiles I have grew to know by posting in the past

I actually agree with you

I also believe that what you said is exactly what the generals are talking about.

Is all about support specially on a war with Iran that will be greater than the magnitude of what Iraq has been with mess, chaos and sectarian violence, Iran will be a totally different ground and If US attack them or Israel the people in Iran will support their government 100 percent.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

but...

I am a proud vet,
Lex

I served and i am proud of it too but I am no damn fool my country right or wrong jingoist either. Loving your country should also mean standing up and protesting when it is doing something wrong or has its head stuck up its ass as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join