It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How dare you have a flat tire !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Recently I was driving back from town when I had a flat tire. I pulled off the road into the parking lot of some kind of factory. First off i am a small woman but I have had flat tires on numberous occassions and I know how to change a tire. I got out and proceded to assemble my jack and jack the car up. However, I could not get the lug nuts off because they had been put on by an air gun. Anyway, so I tried for about 15 minutes with no success. There were workers from the factory watching the whole time and finally I gave up and asked for help. THe guy came over took the lug nuts off, pulled the tire off, and put the spare on, it took all of about 2 minutes for him to do this and he went back to work after I thanked him. After I put the lug nuts back on and put all the tools away i was leaving when the owner of the factory flagged me down. I rolled down the window and he said "dont come here asking my guys for help again, it costs me money" I said I didnt plan on stopping here in the first place, i just happened to have a flat tire and that I didnt ask for help until I was sure I couldnt do it myself. He just shrugged his shoulders and said he didnt care and again that I was costing him money and not to come back. He acted as if I had pruposely come there to lure his guys away with my female charms to work on my car for free.

Now where I come from you always stop to help a stranded motorist, its just common manners. Ive never heard of some one getting chewed out because they had a flat tire. the only reason for him to even stop me and saying those thigs was to be as A**. the chances of me stopping there again were already 0.
I was thinking of writing something about his behavior in the paper but Im not sure. I am just so upset about it. What if that had been his wife or daughter? How can someone be so crass??
any thoughts??

[edit on 25-2-2007 by kokoro]

[edit on 25-2-2007 by kokoro]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Omg. That's awful! He must've just been having a bad day. Don't let people like that get on your nerves. Just think, "Haha, at least I have a better job than that guy." He probably doesn't have any friends. ;]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That dude probably has something against women, maybe he didn't get any growing up?

Seriously though, if I was a woman and someone talked to me like that I'd tell him to eat $H!t or
off.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by thehumbleone]

new topics

join